MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 278   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 220006 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #3960 on: March 05, 2019, 08:11:51 PM »

I really got on here to make a comment about our new Granholm understudy, Gretchen (dark years) Whitmer  but I got sidetracked by the Democrat dog and pony, ongoing circus....

Gretch (rhymes with wretch), is proposing a 75% increase in fuel tax to cover road maintenance and not taking into account the lane mile formula at all (which is the real culprit).  I see the Senate Majority leader already told her sorry arse there will be no discussion of any tax increase until the Michigan MCCA is dealt with and the citizens get insurance relief because no one can afford the insurance and a 75% tax increase on motor fuel.

She sounds just like Granholm to me.  What a puke.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3961 on: March 05, 2019, 08:12:47 PM »

I see Whitmers plan to "Fix the Damn Roads" involves convincing everyone who hasn't left the state yet that it is time to leave.....

8*

Yeah, read my nest post....  Real piece of work she is....

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3962 on: March 06, 2019, 09:27:49 AM »

Isn't the formula they use a little messed up?  Like lightly traveled roads in obscure counties receive as much money per mile as roads that are bumper to bumper with traffic.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3963 on: March 06, 2019, 11:20:35 AM »

Isn't the formula they use a little messed up?  Like lightly traveled roads in obscure counties receive as much money per mile as roads that are bumper to bumper with traffic.

Yep, why roads in the UP are smooth as glass and roads around metropolitan areas are crap.  Of course old Gretchen don't have to drive on them.  As governor she gets her arse hauled around.

We are embarking on another 4 years of darkness.  I bet Granholm has wet pants...

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3964 on: March 06, 2019, 05:38:08 PM »

Act 51 needs revamped - to distribute more money to higher population counties, and less money to rural counties with sparse populations.

It makes no sense that a mile of road in the UP gets the same funding that 8 lanes of Telegraph gets.  No sense whatsoever.

Whitmers plan to have the state decide where the money is spent - and to use it for more heavily traveled roads - yeah - I don't want to sign up for that.

Re-vamp Act 51 to decide how much the Counties and cities get - and then let them decide which roads need fixed.  I don't trust anyone in Lansing to decide what roads to fix in my neighborhood.  No thanks.  All the money will go to GR, Detroit, Flint, Saginaw - and the rest of us will pay for it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3965 on: March 08, 2019, 10:11:37 AM »

Do the insurance reform thing.  Of course none of the electorate has the balls to do that.

Like I said, Whitmer is just another Granholm.  Too bad the voters fell for the charade.  I didn't.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3966 on: March 08, 2019, 07:15:50 PM »

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3967 on: March 08, 2019, 10:35:06 PM »

That don't impact you, you are hetrosexual aren't you?.... ;D

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3968 on: March 09, 2019, 09:13:23 AM »

I am just confused why tax payers are being told that they must fund elective surgeries.

Madness.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3969 on: March 09, 2019, 09:14:41 AM »

Reading locally that Zorn says he's talked to a lot of Michiganders that still want the no fault ****....I sent his office an email and told him he needs to stop talking to the lawyers and insurance co and talk to the folks.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3970 on: March 09, 2019, 09:20:07 AM »

Reading locally that Zorn says he's talked to a lot of Michiganders that still want the no fault ****....I sent his office an email and told him he needs to stop talking to the lawyers and insurance co and talk to the folks.

The issue with No Fault Insurance is - it isn't No Fault Insurance anymore.

The Trial Lawyers are suing away successfully, the courts are allowing them to do so, so how the heck is that No Fault Insurance?  I am forced to pay full price for the Liability Coverage - while I simultaneously pay full price into the bloated, non transparent fund that was supposed to be used to compensate people for their injuries.

And that fund?  Yeah - lots of people looking at a car wreck like they won the lottery.  People from out of state that never paid into it being given money they never paid into.  In state people milking the fund for all its worth - while they simultaneously sue the other party.

Hospitals?  Yeah - they charge the fund full price top dollar.

Face it - No Fault Insurance is working great for everyone - except those of us who have to pay for it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3971 on: March 09, 2019, 10:31:31 PM »

I would have preferred Spade over Zorn.  In fact I voted for Spade.  Zorn is a typical politician.  Talks with forked tongue.  Reminds me of the crooked politician from Tipton.

Unless it involves money (for him) Zorn is deaf.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3972 on: March 09, 2019, 10:35:29 PM »

I look at it this way...  Between the 'No Fault insurance' and Whitmer's 45 cent tax increase on motor fuel, no one with any sense is going to stay here, they cannot afford to stay.

I see 'Tax and spend De Whine in Ohio jacked their fuel tax up and banged the city of Toledo for the red light cams too.

Find it interesting he ran on 'no new taxes' and promptly raised taxes.  Nice guy, typical politician.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3973 on: March 10, 2019, 10:50:45 AM »

I do not have a problem with the red light cams.  If you run the light you could kill someone.  As for the speeding camera's I'd only like to see them around schools where there are kids walking

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3974 on: March 10, 2019, 11:19:01 AM »

Republicans in congress better make sure tax bill for gas increase all goes to the roads.  People are getting tired of this crap..
https://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/40-percent-of-whitmers-2020-gas-tax-hike-wont-support-roads?fbclid=IwAR0fXZ2PjhnnPFgjpqTqmRQhUpQTyirz8mcXBc3YlUIq9AtJl5yWX92fPns
Pages: 1 ... 263 264 [265] 266 267 ... 278   Go Up