MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > What are you thinking - (political version)

Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 277   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking - (political version)  (Read 216007 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking - (political version)
« Reply #4080 on: June 21, 2019, 07:24:49 PM »

I wonder if we'll see John Bolton resign in the next few weeks.  I'm betting he wanted all out war on Iran.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4081 on: June 21, 2019, 10:45:33 PM »

Could be.  Trump obviously isn't a war monger.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4082 on: June 22, 2019, 09:20:22 AM »

Was watching Tucker on Fox for a little.  He had an independent journalist talking about how most of Wash loves war, especially the media guys.  Says it's good for their business.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4083 on: June 22, 2019, 09:26:50 PM »

Could be.  Trump obviously isn't a war monger.

Obama sure was.

Heck - he equipped ISIS at US Taxpayer expense.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4084 on: June 22, 2019, 09:44:25 PM »

Sure somebody somewhere is going to call it Trump's false flag. I don't think so. Trump himself has downplayed to an extent. Trigger happy, crazed Iranian General acting on own
so to speak. But here's my bottom line. I don't believe Trump wants to get to blows with Iran, he wants to squeeze them economically until the Iranian people overthrow Mullahs.

(/quote]

Then Trump came out against military strike for shooting down a drone that would kill
people. Brilliant. Why? A number of reasons:

* Our sanctions are sucking the lifeblood out of their economy and things are getting worse
   day by day. Folks are already very unhappy. Trump says loss of unmanned drone isn't
   worth escalating military action. Other things we can do, like further tighten sanctions.

* How do you criticize a President for choosing not to obliterate from this earth 150 Iranians
   at their posts in the radar, or whatever, centers.

* Sanctions are working, as I've mentioned. Considering inflation is already expected to hit
   40% in 2019 continued economic sanctions will only make things worse come 2020.

* Bottom line, why sacrifice American lives and treasure to attack Iran militarily when our
   current economic war can bring them to their knees. 

John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4085 on: June 23, 2019, 06:24:08 AM »

And his decision not to bomb the hell out of Iran may persuade the EU join the sanctions.  Bombing Iran would only make our enemies hate us more and maybe even find a few more.  Notice how quiet Putiin has been over this?

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4086 on: June 24, 2019, 08:28:15 PM »

And his decision not to bomb the hell out of Iran may persuade the EU join the sanctions.  Bombing Iran would only make our enemies hate us more and maybe even find a few more.  Notice how quiet Putiin has been over this?

Well Blue, I think Trump made exactly the right move. Winning a war against Iran can be done, but it would cost many lives, and treasure we don't have. Iran is the one suffering under the sanctions, not us, and it's getting worse for them as time passes. Question is will their strategy be to lash out militarily and hope the folks turn on Trump, or negotiate.

I bet on Trump.

John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4087 on: June 24, 2019, 08:56:35 PM »

Trump will only go so far.  When lives become expendable then Trump will act in kind.  It is a game of chess and in this case Trump is a master player.  I'm sure the whole world is watching, including Rocket Man.

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4088 on: June 24, 2019, 11:43:08 PM »

I agree, Let them be warmed the first time then pound them into the earth the second time. The whole world witnessed him stand down. Nobody will blame him no matter how big the response after the next attack. Even the Dems can't think of a way to spin his forgiveness.
I think he should unleash a barrage that takes out their entire navy fleet.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4089 on: June 25, 2019, 08:28:07 AM »

And we have this.  Lots of America haters in our government. 

Maxine Waters
@RepMaxineWaters
 ยท Jun 23
Trump, you get no credit for so-called stopping the strike against Iran. Why was the unmanned drone in Iran's airspace? Why the surveillance? Don't provoke and then pretend innocence.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4090 on: June 25, 2019, 10:13:32 AM »

I guess voters in Maxine's district are so dam dumb they keep reelecting that dork.  She is a total idiot and dumber than a mud fence.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4091 on: July 02, 2019, 05:31:06 PM »

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4092 on: July 03, 2019, 10:20:08 AM »

The day I pay 2500 bucks for a pair of sneakers, I need to be committed.

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4093 on: July 06, 2019, 08:39:46 PM »

In an interview on CNN former VP Plugs Biden called AOC brilliant and bright. Wow! What was he thinking? Well I don't know what he was thinking, but it was obvious he was trying to kiss her butt. Joe, how low can you go? Apparently, pretty low. Cute and perky maybe, but to say brilliant and bright, I say "come on man" don't p** on my leg and tell me it's raining. 
John Kopke

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4094 on: July 06, 2019, 10:12:59 PM »

Sleepy Joe won't make the cut either.  I see Hickenloper or whatever his name is, is the first casualty.

There will be more, soon.  The clown show needs to get castrated and soon.  Like I said before, I don't believe whomever is chosen will stand a chance toe to toe with Trump anyway.

I think 'scorched earth' Perez wants the wackiest candidate he can get.  Perez strikes me as a pervert.  he looks demented.  When I see a picture of him the tune 'Aqualung' pops into my head immediately.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 277   Go Up