MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Divided Roadway Lines

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Divided Roadway Lines  (Read 1683 times)

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
Divided Roadway Lines
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:55:55 PM »

Its nights like this that reminds me of this topic but I keep forgetting to post it.

Seriously… What does it take to have the divider lane lines repainted and possible reflectors installed?

I was on the new part of N. Monroe St. this evening and on Stewart Rd. coming home and it was difficult to see the lane, center and edge lines. There are quite a few places on oTelegraph that make seeing the lines difficult to see at dark when it’s been raining all day.

I know it’s been discussed about fixing the roads but I think that the painted lines should be painted with a better kind of paint that doesn't wear out after a year.
Wasn’t it this past summer that Elm St. center lines were done? It doesn't look like it now.  As I mentioned before, nights like this something more of a reflective paint is needed. Maybe start putting reflectors in? When we go to Ohio to visit the grandkid’s, the main roads that we travel even though may not have lights along the road, they have reflective paint and some areas have the reflectors which catch the headlights well that you can make out the curve in the road.

This is not just in the City or Frenchtown area that I've mentioned… This is county wide issue that should be addressed.
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Divided Roadway Lines
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 10:24:16 PM »

I don't pay attention to who does the painting.  If it's contracted out they'll use the cheapest paint avail.  The county might use something better.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 07:32:49 PM »

Maybe if you give them a billion dollars you can get reflectors for the center lines... 

They probably figure the reflectors would last longer than the roads - so they don't bother  ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2014, 08:22:13 AM »

I don't pay attention to who does the painting.  If it's contracted out they'll use the cheapest paint avail.  The county might use something better.

Are you implying that private companies would sacrifice safety over profit$$$$$$$ ??? ??? ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2014, 09:37:19 AM »

Well BRD,  everybody seems to be a crook these days.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2014, 10:10:56 AM »

Well BRD,  everybody seems to be a crook these days.

It does seem that way doesn't it :( :( :(
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2014, 11:10:33 AM »

If they grind the center line out - like on some roads - you will know immediately by the craters to come...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2014, 11:14:17 AM »

If they grind the center line out - like on some roads - you will know immediately by the craters to come...

On the stretch of Telegraph south of Yargerville they've filled the area all in that blew up!

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2014, 03:07:59 PM »

Maybe if you give them a billion dollars you can get reflectors for the center lines... 

They probably figure the reflectors would last longer than the roads - so they don't bother  ;D
Probably true... Still, I would like to see at least the paint used like in Ohio that catches the light from headlights here in MI.
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2014, 04:19:07 PM »

Mayo.....I've always wanted to see it used as body paint on Kim Kardashian.  I know that paint you are talking about.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up