MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > So, where does Brady Hoke end up next?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: So, where does Brady Hoke end up next?  (Read 6861 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: So, where does Brady Hoke end up next?
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2015, 09:36:26 AM »

He's the last guy i would expect to have a $3 million house.  My guess it's the wife's choice

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2015, 12:57:22 PM »

He's the last guy i would expect to have a $3 million house.  My guess it's the wife's choice

Funny - that is what I said - and that is what my wife said.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Quick sale on Hoke home!
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2015, 08:36:43 AM »

Well, that didn't take long (assuming everything holds together until closing)...

must be the housing market in SE Michigan is better than we thought it was :D :D :D

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/06/sale_pending_for_3_million_hom.html
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2015, 08:51:24 AM »

Been to Saline lately?

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2015, 02:48:29 PM »

Well, that didn't take long (assuming everything holds together until closing)...

must be the housing market in SE Michigan is better than we thought it was :D :D :D

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/06/sale_pending_for_3_million_hom.html

So is there enough commission to retire for a month or two?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »

So is there enough commission to retire for a month or two?

Maybe a quick cruise somewhere close 8) 8) 8)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2015, 11:57:17 AM »

Maybe a quick cruise somewhere close 8) 8) 8)
I looked into a great lakes cruise - they aren't cheap!     

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Ann Arbor-area home of former Detroit Tiger Brandon Inge sold
« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2015, 11:12:56 AM »

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2015, 12:53:51 PM »

Nice digs!

One would think with a house like that that he could have afforded a pair of headsets.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2015, 01:36:15 PM »

He wouldn't have known what to do with them.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2015, 02:56:08 PM »

Maybe he could have heard the screams not to send Morris back in.  LOL

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2015, 07:30:40 PM »

I don't know Fuzz.

I was about 20 feet away from him - and he didn't hear me screaming at him to get him out of the game - and then not to send him back in.  He didn't hear the students screaming at him either.  There were plenty of people encouraging him to get Morris out of the game.

Of course Flounder had no idea that the kid had gotten his bell rung, and had no clue what city he was in at the moment.  Everyone in my seating area knew it - the Students sure knew it - but Flounder - he was oblivious.

That was WITHOUT the headsets on.  He was just clapping and doing what Flounder did - which was being the biggest player cheerleader on the field.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2015, 07:34:17 PM »

That whole deal was just unreal.

I would imagine though that crowd noise is tuned out during a game, headsets would have been a more channeled communication to his thick head.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2015, 07:48:46 PM »

I think they hear individuals.....

The first or second year of Rich Rod - it was pretty early on in the debacle - they brought back Lloyd for some ceremony.

As he walked by I yelled - really not a yell - we were that close - "Lloyd - I was wrong about you all those years."

He turned around and gave me the biggest smile and a thumbs up.

That kind of tells me he may have heard some of my suggestions all those years, and he sure recognized me.  I've met him a couple of times since then.  He confirmed it.  We had things to talk about, but he didn't hold a grudge about my suggestions on his coaching - he was just a conservative and predictable play caller.  What a great guy......

I could see Jim jumping up in the stands....  he is wired.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: July 05, 2015, 07:59:05 PM »

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/07/where_are_the_ex-michigan_coac.html#0

Interesting article on what has become of Hokes coaching staff.

I think it is telling that most of them have landed at lesser jobs......

But not Nussmeier!  Nope - he is OC at Florida.  That year at Michigan didn't blow his resume.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up