MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?  (Read 12792 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

I'm hearing pretty positive responses in the press...

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2015/01/20/drevno-players-predict-pretty-quick-turnaround-um/22054033/

I have to admit I even did a bit of a double take when I saw he had hired his son...

but I guess it's safe to say that young man is 'surrounded with talent' so he should be able to get the job done...   and the idea of how he will be able to 'relate' to the young players sounds logical.

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/01/19/michigan-wolverines-football-jay-harbaugh/21983053/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:42:29 PM »

Hiring his son makes total sense - if you realize that family is a big part of the reason that Harbaugh came back to Ann Arbor.

He wants to do this with his family - and having his son there is a big part of that.

Another thing - his brother was sorry to see Jay go - and coming from that family I don't doubt the kid has talent.

I think this staff is incredibly impressive - better than we have ever had in Ann Arbor perhaps.  It is clear that Harbaugh is not threatened by having talent on his staff - and talent wants to work for him.

I can't wait for the spring game!

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:31:23 PM »

I'm getting pretty excited.  Harbaugh has put together some pretty impressive coaches.  I agree that he isn't intiminatef by anyone.  Other than Mattsion Hoke had a bunch of no names. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2015, 11:28:44 AM »

Sounds like the entire staff is working pretty hard at trying to 'flip' a few commits before signing day...

and of course trying to find the miraculously overlooked possible recruits still out there!!!

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/01/jim_harbaugh_and_michigan_atte.html#incart_river

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2015, 05:02:32 PM »

What overlooked recruits?

They are taking recruits away from other programs.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2015, 07:12:45 PM »

Michigan will be a powerhouse.  If team is more than respectable this coming season Harbaugh will have to chase recruits away

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 09:34:22 AM »

This gives you and idea of what all of this coaching 'upgrade' is costing!

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/02/michigan_assistant_coaches_to.html#incart_2box

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »

Waiting on one at least one more kid.

http://recruiting.blog.ajc.com/2015/02/06/10-things-you-need-to-know-about-roquan-smiths-situation/

And Twitter thought of the day from Coach Jim.....

Thought of the day - What a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive! - Sir Walter Scott

I wonder what he could be referring to?  Perhaps Urban Liar down south?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10   Go Up