MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?  (Read 16664 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2015, 06:39:33 PM »

I wonder if Harbaugh was referring to the Smith case, and not the Weber case, or perhaps both.

He sure didn't call out Ohio State, and his reference sure could apply to UCLA or Ohio State.

The funny thing is OSU too the bait. 

I guess they figure lying to kids is okay as long as you are winning.

Oh well, if you don't get it, you don't get it.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2015, 05:35:13 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/jim-harbaugh-jameis-winston-michigan-football-2015-2

Interesting article that gives UM some major recruiting tools...
Winston basically saying UM has better coach - better equipment, and he wished he had the opportunity to play under Harbaugh
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2015, 07:44:32 PM »

http://www.businessinsider.com/jim-harbaugh-jameis-winston-michigan-football-2015-2

Interesting article that gives UM some major recruiting tools...
Winston basically saying UM has better coach - better equipment, and he wished he had the opportunity to play under Harbaugh

Another picture of Winston's visit to Michigan!

From:  https://twitter.com/umichfootball/status/568554678579040256/photo/1

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2015, 06:41:10 AM »

This is a neat story...

Ablauf said Harbaugh and Jim Minick administered first aid to both individuals and kept them warm with coats until the emergency medical personnel arrived.

More at:  http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/jim_harbaugh_helps_crash_victi.html#incart_river

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2015, 07:41:55 AM »

This is a neat story...

More at:  http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2015/03/jim_harbaugh_helps_crash_victi.html#incart_river

Looks like Coach Jim is trying to remain modest about his efforts yesterday:

Proud of my friend Colonel Jim Minick today! he took charge calling on combat training I was just following his instructions

From Twitter:

https://twitter.com/CoachJim4UM/status/573006505085022209

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2015, 10:32:35 AM »

Made the National news...  nice to see good publicity for him - never hurts in the recruiting arena
You can't make this stuff up - but it's all working to a charm...

Rescuing people,  mentoring Heisman trophy winners, coming back to his roots!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2015, 01:58:54 PM »

Not at all the belligerent selfish *** that he was being painted as in San Fran!

I watched him sign autographs at a hockey game the other night.  Seemed to take time with everyone who came up to him. 
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #24 on: March 04, 2015, 06:03:17 PM »

I think he should head to Washington and meet with Middle East leaders and try to negotiate a peace between centuries long battles between Islamic factions, and how to live with Israel as a neighbor put there by the Allies.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: March 04, 2015, 06:43:33 PM »

Can we wait until he beats OSU and MSU first?

;)
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #26 on: March 04, 2015, 06:46:30 PM »

Sure.....this political maneuvering between The White House and Capital Hill on the topic is shamefully entertaining.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2015, 07:08:05 PM »

It won't be as entertaining as the first time Harbaugh gives Urban Meyer his first 1000 ton handshake and big back slap as he gleefully runs by after thoroughly beating him!

I am so looking forward to being on the other end of that controversy.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: March 06, 2015, 11:14:09 AM »

Not at all the belligerent selfish *** that he was being painted as in San Fran!

That will be the other side of this story to watch next year... 

The probable decline of the NFL's SF team - because the ownership wanted a yes man in place - as they think they know more about football than Harbaugh  8*

The CEO is the guy who lost his President of operations job but did bring in Harbaugh to resurrect the team in 2011...  Jed York
He was replaced by Gideon Yu - a facebook/youtube/yahoo exec  who bought into the team

Rich people don't like to be shown up apparently - so they got a yes man

LOL   just look at the basic Wiki resume's and judge for yourself.

James Andrew "Jim" Tomsula (born April 14, 1968) is an American football coach. He is currently the head coach for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL), a position he has held since January 2015. He previously served as the defensive line coach of the 49ers from February 2007 until his promotion. Tomsula was also San Francisco's interim head coach for the final game of the 2010 season. He has also been the head coach for the Rhein Fire of NFL Europe in 2006, where he compiled a record of 6–4.

He was a defensive lineman at Catawba College from 1987–90 after transferring from Middle Tennessee State University after the 1986 season.

James Joseph "Jim" Harbaugh (/ˈhɑrbɔː/; born December 23, 1963) is the head football coach at the University of Michigan and a former quarterback. He played college football at Michigan and played in the National Football League (NFL) for 14 seasons, from 1987 to 2000. Harbaugh has been a head coach since 2004. He coached at the University of San Diego for three seasons, then coached Stanford University of the Pac-10 for four seasons, before becoming the coach of the San Francisco 49ers of the NFL, a position he held for four seasons. Starting in 2015, Harbaugh will be coaching for his alma mater, Michigan.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh: Wolverine on the Loose
« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2015, 07:24:22 AM »

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10   Go Up