MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?  (Read 17218 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Wojo: Harbaugh sells Michigan any way he can
« Reply #30 on: June 14, 2015, 10:44:29 AM »

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/columnists/bob-wojnowski/2015/06/11/wojo-harbaugh-sells-michigan-every-oddity/71103654/

When Harbaugh, Dantonio, Meyer and others gather Friday at the "Sound Mind, Sound Body" camp at Dakota High in Macomb, I imagine they'll be cordial. They might even share a chuckle about the SEC's hilarious outrage over Harbaugh's satellite-camp tour. If Big Ten coaches can look past their inherent aggravation with Michigan, they'll recognize Harbaugh's motive reflects their own, just more flamboyantly.

Ohio State and Michigan State are legitimate national title contenders again, and Michigan fighting back doesn't diminish what they've done. That's the whiny fan reaction, that all the Harbaugh publicity is producing meaningless "victories." He hasn't rocketed up the recruiting rankings yet, but rather than wait for players to bow to the winged helmet, he's actively chasing.

Now the SEC is pushing the NCAA to ban satellite camps because they create an unfair advantage, the most-amusing statement ever. Maybe if the Big Ten took a few more elite Southern kids off their hands, those schools wouldn't have to grossly over-sign, like gluttons at a Cracker Barrel.

Ah, Cracker Barrel, Harbaugh's favorite restaurant. Why does he like it so much? What does it all mean?!

Clues are sprinkled on Harbaugh's Twitter page, and they're probably not as deep as they seem. (Or are they?) A few days ago, he posted these lyrics from a John Lennon song: "People say I'm crazy doing what I'm doing, give me all kinds of warnings to save me from ruin. When I say I'm OK, they look at me kind of strange."

That's the look all right, and by nature and calculation, Harbaugh is embracing it.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da69-pu_pqc
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Harbaugh has his coaching staff in place... what do you think so far?
« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2015, 08:12:40 AM »

Harbaugh encouraging athletes to 'work a job' during summer practice sessions...

"they should know how to pay taxes by the time they graduate":

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/06/15/michigan-football-roster-phil-steele/71254504/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2015, 08:03:58 PM »

Harbaugh encouraging athletes to 'work a job' during summer practice sessions...

"they should know how to pay taxes by the time they graduate":

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2015/06/15/michigan-football-roster-phil-steele/71254504/

He probably even means a "Real Job" -

not the SEC/Ohio State type of job  ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2015, 09:24:07 PM »

More than one coach isn't thrilled with Harbaugh:

http://insider.espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/insider/post?id=111681

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2015, 10:09:28 PM »

I'm not surprised that he is one of those kind of guys that would not be at all well liked by his peers.  Personally, I kind of admire that as long as the results are there to justify it.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #35 on: December 07, 2015, 09:59:08 AM »

Well I think they did better than most fans actually expected... 

will now be interesting to see if there are any other 'raids' or losses to the existing coaching staff in the 'off' season...

I know there are plenty of opinions on the gaps they need to fill in the player talent holes...

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: December 07, 2015, 10:04:23 AM »

Harbaugh may lose some more coaches but i bet he will be able to replace them with more talented ones.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2015, 10:28:06 AM »

Harbaugh may lose some more coaches but i bet he will be able to replace them with more talented ones.

He's as good at recognizing potential talent as they come!

Plus with what he's done at M this year he's in a much better position to recruit than he was last year. 

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2015, 11:13:01 AM »

#14 in the country with 3 losses shows the respect once lost for this program is back.

After the head coach carousel is done - I'm sure he'll do just fine getting a replacement!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Report: Boston College's Don Brown will be Michigan's new defensive coordinator
« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2015, 06:46:56 PM »

ANN ARBOR -- Don Brown guided the No. 1-ranked defense in America last season.

Apparently, that was good enough for Jim Harbaugh.

Sports Illustrated reported Sunday that Brown -- who spent the past three seasons running Boston College's defense -- will be Michigan's new defensive coordinator.

Brown, 60, led a Boston College defense that ranked No. 1 nationally with 254.3 yards per game allowed in 2015. BC's rush defense allowed 83.2 yards per game (No. 2) and its pass defense was ranked No. 8 (171.2).

More at:

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2015/12/report_boston_colleges_don_bro.html

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2015, 08:54:16 PM »

I doesn't hurt that they actually pay the Assistants well either!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: December 21, 2015, 07:23:08 AM »

Not a bad hire at all.

I knew there was nothing to worry about.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Sounds like a great idea to me!

Michigan Wolverines head football coach Jim Harbaugh is always trying to stay one step ahead of the competition. His latest idea involves holding his team's spring practice out of state in Florida.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2606737-jim-harbaugh-reportedly-attempting-to-hold-michigans-spring-practice-in-florida

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/01/10/michigan-wolverines-spring-practice/78600198/

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2016, 10:47:09 AM »

Sounds like a great idea to me!

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2606737-jim-harbaugh-reportedly-attempting-to-hold-michigans-spring-practice-in-florida

http://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/wolverines/2016/01/10/michigan-wolverines-spring-practice/78600198/

LOL  Florida this year - then next year in Alabama... 

Heck the other major sports all do it...   Great idea! 
Its not like they don't generate enough revenue... 

Maybe they can use the Miami Dolphins facility as the owner is an Alumni
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10   Go Up