MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Things are heating up in Summerfield Township.....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Down

Author Topic: Things are heating up in Summerfield Township.....  (Read 24119 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Things are heating up in Summerfield Township.....
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2015, 12:56:51 PM »

Kinda scary thinking about pumping crap in the ground on Ida-Center and Alcott Road and haviing is surface in Indiana somewwhere...

Especially in someone's drinking water.

BTW, there are already 2 'abandoned' (not in use) injection wells in Summerfield Township that interestingly, the EPA wasn't aware of.  Tells me their record keeping and oversight is typically government...  IOW poor to non-existent.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2015, 09:22:26 AM »

Kinda scary thinking about pumping crap in the ground on Ida-Center and Alcott Road and haviing is surface in Indiana somewwhere...

Especially in someone's drinking water.

BTW, there are already 2 'abandoned' (not in use) injection wells in Summerfield Township that interestingly, the EPA wasn't aware of.  Tells me their record keeping and oversight is typically government...  IOW poor to non-existent.

I wonder how many other 'abandoned' (and forgotten) injection wells there are across the state ??? ??? ???
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2015, 11:02:31 AM »

When I found out the 'regulatory agency' had no idea those wells existed, I immediately thought to myself there is no oversight or policing and that unless there is a public outcry, the regulatory agencies 'rubber stamp' the permits.

I bet there is a bunch of holes in the ground that they have no idea exist.

One sticking point about the Alcott road well (injection) besides being a karst area and the chance of contamination to potable water is great, is, the  permit allows Trendwell TO BRING IN BRINE WATER AND DOWN HOLE EFFULENT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY THEY HAVE WELLS AND INJECT IT IN THE ALCOTT ROAD INJECTION SITE, basically making that well a repository for hazardous waste from anywhere, not just locally.   Furthermore, Trendwell is not pulling any brine or downhole waste from any well it owns in the local area....none, nada.

IMO, thats bullshitte, but thats the way the permit reads and the permit is written as a Class 2 permit, which means oversight is entirely up to Trendwell, voluntarily monitoring the well for fractures in the karst formation and pressure.

One of the proposed mandates the residents want is that this is a Class1 permit (if issued) that makes oversight much more stringent and places oversight responsibility with the government agency, not the oil driller.

I encourage everyone in Monroe County (and Lenawee County) if they procure their potable water from a well to attend the public hearing.  Compromising the Karst with hazardous effluent could impact anyone in the region, anytime.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #33 on: February 08, 2015, 11:31:40 AM »

Brother, one would think there is one government agency that had lead in at the very least chart them as permits are issued on a map.....be it an electronic one or manual one. 

We are so bureaucratic, but so ineffective! 
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2015, 04:13:15 PM »

I seem to recall a certain rightie bragging about some drilling going on near his home...maybe even hoping to be enriched by the effort.

And that person discounted the fears of contaminated groundwater caused by fracking in an earlier thread.

Funny how opinions can change.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2015, 05:36:41 PM »

Injection wells only enrich the oil/gas companies.
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2015, 08:02:11 PM »

I seem to recall a certain rightie bragging about some drilling going on near his home...maybe even hoping to be enriched by the effort.

And that person discounted the fears of contaminated groundwater caused by fracking in an earlier thread.

Funny how opinions can change.

I don't set the rules of engagement, a 40 acre radius of a producing well equals a payment after expenses have been met....as it's written and not by me either.

I am always cognizant of groundwater contamination in a karst region, across the road or on your street, makes no difference.

Go fuxx yourself btw.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2015, 04:02:01 PM »

Front page spread in the Dumdee Independent concerning the soon to be announces EPA informational meeting (at I presume Summerfield High School if available) and other particulars,

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2015, 06:49:52 PM »

Front page spread in the Dumdee Independent concerning the soon to be announces EPA informational meeting (at I presume Summerfield High School if available) and other particulars,

Front page article in the MonroeNews today too...

no site given for the meeting.

They do give this website for info though...   it may be one you or someone else had already posted because it looks familiar:

http://epa.gov/region5/water/uic/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2015, 07:12:12 PM »

Same EPA website.  Also an editorial in the Monroe News tonight.  The EPA makes arrangements for the public hearing and the high school was suggested as a place big enough for a large crowd. 
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: February 11, 2015, 05:46:24 PM »

I just stopped in Ida and picked up a copy of the Independent...  I'll read the article in full a little later.  I can already see it's in more detail than the one in the MonroeNews.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: February 11, 2015, 09:57:12 PM »

Ms. Whitacker writes good articles....

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #42 on: February 12, 2015, 06:43:10 AM »

Ms. Whitacker writes good articles....

Yes she does!!! 

When I found out the 'regulatory agency' had no idea those wells existed, I immediately thought to myself there is no oversight or policing and that unless there is a public outcry, the regulatory agencies 'rubber stamp' the permits.

I bet there is a bunch of holes in the ground that they have no idea exist.

One sticking point about the Alcott road well (injection) besides being a karst area and the chance of contamination to potable water is great, is, the  permit allows Trendwell TO BRING IN BRINE WATER AND DOWN HOLE EFFULENT FROM ANYWHERE IN THE COUNTRY THEY HAVE WELLS AND INJECT IT IN THE ALCOTT ROAD INJECTION SITE, basically making that well a repository for hazardous waste from anywhere, not just locally.   Furthermore, Trendwell is not pulling any brine or downhole waste from any well it owns in the local area....none, nada.

IMO, thats bullshitte, but thats the way the permit reads and the permit is written as a Class 2 permit, which means oversight is entirely up to Trendwell, voluntarily monitoring the well for fractures in the karst formation and pressure.

One of the proposed mandates the residents want is that this is a Class1 permit (if issued) that makes oversight much more stringent and places oversight responsibility with the government agency, not the oil driller.

I encourage everyone in Monroe County (and Lenawee County) if they procure their potable water from a well to attend the public hearing.  Compromising the Karst with hazardous effluent could impact anyone in the region, anytime.

I think 'everyone' that lives in this area should be concerned...  even if they have city water.  If this stuff leaks back to the surface and then runs out into Lake Erie then it's in the drinking water of a 'lot of people' and a long way from Summerfield Township!!!

Even if all the water processing plants could somehow 'remove' these pollutants I'm sure there would be an added cost :( :( :(

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: February 12, 2015, 09:07:57 AM »

In theory, it could go that far (lake Erie) in as much as the karst formation is under the western bed of the lake......

No one actually knows how far things can travel but there have been many new reports of sinkholes in the county lately.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2015, 09:30:06 AM »

In theory, it could go that far (lake Erie) in as much as the karst formation is under the western bed of the lake......

No one actually knows how far things can travel but there have been many new reports of sinkholes in the county lately.

I wasn't even thinking about it 'bubbling up' out somewhere on the bottom of Lake Erie...

more like bubbling up in a field somewhere...

running to a ditch...   then to a county drain... then to a creek....   then to the River Raisin...

or the Huron River so it catches all of the western end of Lake Erie!!!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 20   Go Up