MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)  (Read 65291 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)
« Reply #30 on: February 05, 2015, 07:42:23 AM »

I hope the Runyan and Wheatley that are entering U of M this fall are close to the players that their dads were.

I kind of feel sorry for Tyrone Jr. 

I'm not sure I'd want to play college ball for a team where my dad was on the coaching staff.

I was kind of surprised to see him commit to U of M because of that.

Runyan's dad is just the sideline reporter.....  not so bad.

I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #31 on: February 05, 2015, 08:49:04 AM »

I was never a Pete Carrol fan either, and why I find it enjoyable that he called that bone headed play.

I agree...   just always rubbed me the wrong way with his attitude...

but I'm sure he cares about as much about what you and I think about him as the man in the moon!!!

He's still got pretty good number$$$:

http://wallstcheatsheet.com/sports/the-8-nfl-coaches-earning-over-six-million.html/?a=viewall
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #32 on: February 05, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »

Article from The Blade yesterday on Harbaugh's recruiting effort!

http://www.bcsn.tv/news_article/show/474545?referrer_id=878183
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 06, 2015, 10:24:06 AM »

Tiger woods - quits again?

Sad to see that he has resorted to quitting when he has a bad round - in  several of his last tournaments
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #34 on: February 06, 2015, 01:12:43 PM »

Perhaps the memory of a shapely blonde swinging a golf club at him is causing flashbacks during his back swing.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: February 06, 2015, 01:31:50 PM »

Does the game come with a part where you are attacked by a golf club wielding Swedish swimsuit model / wife while you tool out of your mansion in your SUV?

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2015, 02:17:40 PM »

There have been a couple of interesting trades in the NFL.

I kind of like the trade for Jimmy Graham if you are a Seattle fan.

The trade for Sam Bradford - I am not sure what Philly was thinking there.....

The Lions Trade....  well, I guess that is just conceding you can't pick past the first round anyway.  I personally think it was a terrible trade - but with our lousy GM and President, whatever.

8*
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2015, 03:52:16 PM »

Rumor has it the Ravens were going to cut the guy because he wanted to much money.  But they conned the Lions

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: March 12, 2015, 01:01:18 AM »

While not a great deal..   it is a lot cheaper than Suh,   and they have some extra $$ left over from not doing the franchise tag...

Will be interesting to see if they go after a RB or just draft one.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: March 12, 2015, 06:15:50 AM »

All Kiper keeps saying is how deep the draft is with RB's.

With that said Mayhews track record picking RB's is dismal.

And Kipers knowledge.....  well - he LOVED all Matt Millen's draft classes - just saying.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: March 12, 2015, 11:27:26 AM »

I'd say it's 60-40       WR over RB  for the Lions first pick...

Unless they trade it away for 2 second round picks or something goofy
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: March 12, 2015, 03:04:10 PM »

At the end of last year I wanted O Line with the first 3 picks.

Now I want D Line.

Sad.

I just don't understand why they won't look a Fairley on an incentive laden contract.

He was better than Suh when he wanted to be.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: March 12, 2015, 07:37:05 PM »

Demarco Murray is an Eagle......

How ticked off must you be if you are a Cowboys fan - having him sign in your division?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2015, 08:15:29 PM »

I'm watching the B1G hockey tourney from Joe Louis Arena.

There is no one there for Michigan Wisconsin.

Why did we have to take apart the CCHA for this?

What a joke.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2015, 10:23:00 PM »

I see MSU has done something that no other school - not even the SEC... 

4 consecutive sweet 16's and 4 consecutive bowl wins  in basketball/football
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 81   Go Up