MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)  (Read 53315 times)

Collegekid

• Hero Talker
  • Doing the impossible makes us mighty.
Re: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2015, 10:23:52 AM »

Still can't believe those last couple of plays last night. Wow!
http://daveherndon.blogspot.com/

You believe in life after death, I believe in death after life

I swear it upon Zeus; an outstanding runner cannot be the equal of an average wrestler.

- Socrates

Non Illegitimati Carborundum

"Most men stop when they begin to tire. Good men go until they think they are going to collapse. But the very best know the mind tires before the body and push themselves further and further, beyond all limits. Only when these limits are shattered can the unattainable be reached."

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2015, 11:08:06 AM »

deflate gate is over.  It was only a diversion before the super bowl to take the heat off the incompetent refs and rigging by the NFL execs.
And it worked
I'm glad the blown call by the ref's on the first punt by NE didn't come back to make a difference in the game...
defense player made contact with the plant leg of the punter... 
 is roughing the kicker - not running into

NFL needs to address the fight at the end - as that was a huge distraction and did more damage to the image than a deflated ball ever would...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2015, 03:21:43 PM »

...   someone asked what was   XLIX and why where they advertising it on the Superbowl
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2015, 03:45:36 PM »

LOL.......I tried to save Mrs. Fuzz the embarrassment of asking that out in public!   ;D
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: February 02, 2015, 07:24:38 PM »

I wonder how long before 'deflate gate is back in the news ??? ??? ???

Hopefully never?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: February 02, 2015, 07:33:21 PM »

Only two more days to one of my favorite days of the year - and we will get to see if Jim Harbaugh reels in a couple of 5 star players to "save" this class and propel U of M football back into relevance.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2015, 06:55:32 AM »

It sounds like OSU is taking a class of recruits that is larger than they have spots for.

That is classic SEC style recruiting. 

Now some kid gets "grey shirted" or some current kid gets "cut" for a "medical" reason, or they "decide" they want to transfer.

Classic SEC tactics from Urban Liar.

I am curious what the B1G will do about Urban doing this over and over again - I suspect nothing.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2015, 03:33:30 PM »

The Big 10 Commissioner works for Ohio State didn't you get the memo?
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2015, 07:28:51 PM »

I'm thinking Seattle did a lot to further damage their image during the last 5 minutes of that game.  They were always considered cocky, but talent was recognized nonetheless. 

Now they will be known as arrogant, poor losers, cocky, and poor sportsmen with a bone headed man at the helm calling the dumbest play in professional football.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2015, 08:20:35 PM »

I never liked their coach.  He's an arrogant ahole cheater, at least in college.  That's why he got run out of USC

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2015, 08:45:13 PM »

I never liked their coach.  He's an arrogant ahole cheater, at least in college.  That's why he got run out of USC

And he runs a good time team with no discipline! 

You saw it a USC - and you now see it in Seattle.

All sorts of BS going on all the time.  Reggie Bush.  Harvin fighting Golden Tate before the Super Bowl.  Harvin getting traded away.  Etc etc etc etc.

This is a marquis coach?  I think not.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2015, 09:23:52 PM »

I was never a Pete Carrol fan either, and why I find it enjoyable that he called that bone headed play.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2015, 06:43:36 AM »

I was never a Pete Carrol fan either, and why I find it enjoyable that he called that bone headed play.

Do you find it humorous that Bill Bellichick is defending the play calling?

I do....

I sure would have been criticizing Bill if the Seahawks would have scored and Bill would not have used a time out.

As it is he looks like a genius. 

Why did he have all those corners in?  Very strange goal line defensive formation to me.  Its like he was expecting that play.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2015, 07:30:53 AM »

I think Bill or any other coach would have called a fade to one of the corners of the end zone where the match up looked inviting, not up the middle where all the congestion was on an anticipated goal line formation.  It's all speculation now......funny though, and deserving seeing how they displayed their sportsmanship near the end of the game.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: February 05, 2015, 07:33:10 AM »

It just adds to the Lore of Belichick - the coaching genius

His game plan was spot on - out coached Carrol - and was able to overcome the fluke catch with what many analyst are calling a brilliant move to force Seattle to think quick - and likely pass.

What was it that Bo n Woody used to say about the forward pass?
Three Things Can Happen When You Pass and Two of Them Are Bad  ;D
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 75   Go Up