MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)

Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 83   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)  (Read 67971 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)
« Reply #1050 on: March 11, 2018, 10:24:52 AM »

Michigan fans travel well.  Sparty not so much. 
The tourney is all about money,,
There is no doubt Michigan will travel, probably to Atlanta.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1051 on: March 14, 2018, 01:50:46 PM »

Every once in a while you read something that just makes you stop and realize what an under achiever you are in life!

In all my years I never got this drunk and had this much fun :o :o :o

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/03/michigan_football_staffer_accu_1.html

The not having the correct plate on the vehicle is interesting.  Maybe planning ahead for an evening of debauchery?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #1052 on: March 15, 2018, 05:42:25 PM »

Every once in a while you read something that just makes you stop and realize what an under achiever you are in life!

In all my years I never got this drunk and had this much fun :o :o :o

http://www.mlive.com/news/ann-arbor/index.ssf/2018/03/michigan_football_staffer_accu_1.html

The not having the correct plate on the vehicle is interesting.  Maybe planning ahead for an evening of debauchery?

A clarification and follow up to the above story:

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/sports/college/university-michigan/2018/03/15/ex-football-staffer-fergus-connolly-no-longer-employed-um/32971875/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1053 on: March 18, 2018, 06:57:39 PM »

I see that Izzo did another masterful coaching job in the NCAA Tourney.

Another second round exit with his best team ever.

How is that going to raise enough money to pay off all those lawsuits?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1054 on: March 19, 2018, 10:17:56 AM »

Lots of questionable coaching decisions this tourney... 

Are they all shook up thinking about the FBI sting still?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1055 on: March 19, 2018, 10:29:36 AM »

Izzo may have other things he's worried about

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1056 on: March 21, 2018, 10:15:25 AM »

Izzo may have other things he's worried about

While I don't do sports like you guys do, I'm on the fence with Izzo.  I think there is some 'baggage' involved.  They took a whipping from Syracuse.

I also tend to think there is no 'love lost' between Izzo and Engler, but then my opinion of Engler isn't stellar either.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1057 on: March 24, 2018, 11:26:27 PM »

Well an Ugly win is a win...   Go Blue!
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1058 on: March 25, 2018, 09:30:52 AM »

One more win for Hockey - and both Basketball and Hockey are in the Final and Frozen Four!

It's GREAT to be a MICHIGAN WOLVERINE!

;D
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1059 on: March 25, 2018, 10:11:19 AM »

One more win for Hockey - and both Basketball and Hockey are in the Final and Frozen Four!

It's GREAT to be a MICHIGAN WOLVERINE!

;D
I already tell my grandkids how we survived the dark years of one of the WV Coaches that came here to shake up Football... 
The other one has always been solid in basketball and this year is looking great so far with a great defense.

Can defense win championship in a sport around scoring like basketball?    Pistons showed it true once...

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1060 on: March 25, 2018, 05:26:25 PM »

I already tell my grandkids how we survived the dark years of one of the WV Coaches that came here to shake up Football... 
The other one has always been solid in basketball and this year is looking great so far with a great defense.

Can defense win championship in a sport around scoring like basketball?    Pistons showed it true once...

Michigan has gotten lots of good coaches out of Wonderful Wild West Virginia.

Bev Plocki is one.

Beilein for sure.

How about Fielding Yost?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1061 on: March 25, 2018, 08:05:32 PM »

Basketball in the Final 4.

Hockey in the Frozen 4.

Looks like 3/4 teams in the Frozen 4 will be from the B1G.

That is what I call a pretty good weekend.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #1062 on: March 31, 2018, 11:44:07 AM »

And folks wonder why college tuition is so high......forget about the fact that sports programs bring in a lot of money to the universities, but my God if common sense would prevail in settlements to college coaches than some of that savings could be passed on to the student body in the form of reduced tuition.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/03/31/baylor-paid-art-briles-15m-after-firing-him-amid-scandal/33442209/
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1063 on: March 31, 2018, 02:51:37 PM »

And folks wonder why college tuition is so high......forget about the fact that sports programs bring in a lot of money to the universities, but my God if common sense would prevail in settlements to college coaches than some of that savings could be passed on to the student body in the form of reduced tuition.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2018/03/31/baylor-paid-art-briles-15m-after-firing-him-amid-scandal/33442209/

I would say more schools lose money on Sports than make it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1064 on: March 31, 2018, 08:49:50 PM »

Go Blue!

Hopefully the 3's go down better on Monday!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 83   Go Up