MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)  (Read 89875 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking? - (Sports Version)
« Reply #1290 on: September 08, 2019, 10:42:26 AM »

See, you're using common sense..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1291 on: September 08, 2019, 11:41:20 AM »

See, you're using common sense..

You mean its common sense that you would want to take a lead in the game in the middle of the 4th Quarter - and then force your opponent to drive down the field?

I don't even need to consult analytics in that situation.  Take the points.  Take the lead.  Win the game.

Duh!
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1292 on: September 08, 2019, 11:48:18 AM »

if you watch any MLB that's all the teams do anymore.  Everything is analytics..

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1293 on: September 14, 2019, 07:57:34 PM »

Sparty goes down at home today to granddaughters university ASU..

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1294 on: September 14, 2019, 08:12:26 PM »

Sparty goes down at home today to granddaughters university ASU..

Wasn't everyone saying how great the Spartans offense was last week?  That everything was fixed?

Buckeyes are loaded again.

I'm afraid everyone else is competing for second in the East.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1295 on: September 15, 2019, 11:24:14 AM »

I didn't watch any football but reading and listening it appears suckeyes rescue QB is better than everyone else...  If he's injured though the suckeyes likely to struggle

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1296 on: September 15, 2019, 06:36:21 PM »

I didn't watch any football but reading and listening it appears suckeyes rescue QB is better than everyone else...  If he's injured though the suckeyes likely to struggle

Or maybe they would just go win the National Championship with the backup.

Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1297 on: October 13, 2019, 07:09:16 PM »

Comment about Michigan in article doing power rankings for Big 10.

There’s still more sputtering and smoking in Ann Arbor than a broken down 1980’s Pinto, but at the end of the day the Wolverines are finding ways to win. That Pinto better get a tuneup fast because a trip to Happy Valley is on tap. It’s a white out, so queue up the chaos.

I think it's spot on. Worse Michigan dropped from 4 to 5 in power rankings replaced by Minnesota. That's gotta sting.

Michigan was picked by many to win the Big Ten. Harbaugh didn't disagree. He gets hammered by Wisconsin, and then tells us the offense is jelling after a 10-3 victory versus Iowa, at home. As for the Illinois game lets just say they didn't distinguish themselves on either side of the ball in the second half. A really solid team would have hammered Illinois pretty much from start to finish. When Illinois scored 25 unanswered points I put on a pair of Depends. Hopefully they just lost focus in the second half after hammering Illinois in the first.

Problem is Michigan does not have a good running game. I think this problem resides primarily with the offensive line. They don't make holes for the backs to run through and the running plays too often target between the guard and tackle rather than tackle and the tight end. We saw what the backs can do when the mediocre offensive line faced a really awful defensive line. The backs were able to juke jive and run over defensive backs for big chunks of yardage. Yet when manned up against a decent defensive line if we got 6 yards it was cause for celebration. And there was a lot of getting stuffed at the line. You can't juke, jive and run for big chunks of yardage when you're hit almost immediately after taking the handoff.

John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1298 on: October 13, 2019, 07:21:29 PM »

According to most experts it's now down to OSU, Wisconsin and Penn State. I would disagree only that I think it's OSU and Wisconsin. OSU and Wisconsin have been dominant. Penn State, like Minnesota, have won all their games.

As for Michigan, they need a miracle anointing directly from God to win the Big Ten.
John Kopke

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1299 on: October 13, 2019, 07:24:02 PM »

According to most experts it's now down to OSU, Wisconsin and Penn State. I would disagree only that I think it's OSU and Wisconsin. OSU and Wisconsin have been dominant. Penn State, like Minnesota, have won all their games.

As for Michigan, they need a miracle anointing directly from God to win the Big Ten.

A miracle - or finding an offense.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1300 on: October 13, 2019, 08:20:32 PM »

Only thing good coming to Ann Arbor in the future is a Presidential debate.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1301 on: October 14, 2019, 10:45:58 PM »

How bout them Lions...     
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1302 on: October 15, 2019, 11:57:51 AM »

How bout them Lions...     

sad, but predictable
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1303 on: October 20, 2019, 05:43:41 PM »

Trounced...again.  3 in a row.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #1304 on: October 21, 2019, 09:58:42 AM »

After they saw the refs made sure they didn't beat the packers they quit. 
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88   Go Up