MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Islamophobia

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Down

Author Topic: Islamophobia  (Read 31383 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Islamophobia
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2015, 04:27:54 PM »

Sometimes the points are ridiculous - like claiming we have more terrorist here in the US, -
Comparing racial bigots to terrorists is laughable.   One murders a specific target, terrorist have no qualm of killing anyone/everyone...  and don't often do the acts themselves - but force others to do it for them...

I have no fear of Arabs or Muslims in general, because in our country the majority are here to escape the same things that we are fighting... 
Extremist, looking for terror to advance ideals...  with no "end" or purpose

LOL...what's laughable is your definition of what a terrorist is. Guess you learned that from Faux News.

Definitions of Terrorism in the U.S. Code
http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/investigate/terrorism/terrorism-definition

So from the US Code:  Terrorism

Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping;

So was the burning of a Jordanian Pilot  Terrorism?   
Was the Beheading of the Japanese  Terrorism?

And gee who did these in a very public manner?   Islamic Extremist - under the name ISIS 

And who stood up and cowardly refused to call the problem what it is? - Obama

The rest of the world is starting to realize the problem that exists -
(France, Jordan are recent recipients of terrorism)
I'm guessing it was similar to when the world learned of Hitler's atrocities -

Ignoring it - won't make it go away

I'll be looking to see how many Islamic Religious leaders have condemned these latest acts...   8*

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 07:15:06 PM »

Yup. 

Just last Sunday, while I was at church, we locked a guy in a cage, threw some gas on him, and set him on fire. 

It was a real hoot.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2015, 07:23:32 PM »

My Mom said her Pentecostal church stopped doing that about the same time they stopped allowing members to bring snakes in.   ;)

I just think this sort of violence amongst factions there has made them numb to it after all these centuries.  Sad actually.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2015, 07:33:48 PM »

So from the US Code:  Terrorism

Involve violent acts or acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear to be intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination, or kidnapping;

LOL...you just proved that your earlier narrow definition was wrong.
And now you're acting as though that was your definition all along.

So was the burning of a Jordanian Pilot  Terrorism?   
Was the Beheading of the Japanese  Terrorism?
Yes and yes.
But in your prior post...you would've said no...something about racism.

And gee who did these in a very public manner?   Islamic Extremist - under the name ISIS
One tidbit other than the means of death differed...Jordan said the pilot was burned a month ago.

And who stood up and cowardly refused to call the problem what it is? - Obama
Oh give your anti-Obama crap a rest already.

The rest of the world is starting to realize the problem that exists -
(France, Jordan are recent recipients of terrorism)
I'm guessing it was similar to when the world learned of Hitler's atrocities -

Ignoring it - won't make it go away
Who's ignoring it?
I say the US should draft all the useless retired firefighters to take on ISIS.
Yeah...get those boots on the ground.

I'll be looking to see how many Islamic Religious leaders have condemned these latest acts...   8*
Well you'll have to look at sources other than Fox News. Conservative sites have an agenda...and telling you the truth isn't part of that.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2015, 10:01:21 PM »

More Muslims = Less Murder [STUDY]

"Whenever the subject of Islamist terrorism comes up, the national conversation almost always circles back to a somewhat bigoted question: are Muslims more violent than other kinds of people because of their religion?

What these conversations usually lack is data; that is, evidence that Muslim societies are actually more violent than other ones. And it turns out, according to UC-Berkeley Professor M. Steven Fish, that judging by murder rates, people in Muslim-majority countries actually tend to be significantly less violent:

"Predominantly, Muslim countries average 2.4 murders per annum per 100,000 people, compared to 7.5 in non-Muslim countries. The percentage of the society that is made up of Muslims is an extraordinarily good predictor of a country's murder rate. More authoritarianism in Muslim countries does not account for the difference. I have found that controlling for political regime in statistical analysis does not change the findings. More Muslims, less homicide."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_gPky76zHc

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »

More Muslims = Less Murder [STUDY]

"Whenever the subject of Islamist terrorism comes up, the national conversation almost always circles back to a somewhat bigoted question: are Muslims more violent than other kinds of people because of their religion?

What these conversations usually lack is data; that is, evidence that Muslim societies are actually more violent than other ones. And it turns out, according to UC-Berkeley Professor M. Steven Fish, that judging by murder rates, people in Muslim-majority countries actually tend to be significantly less violent:

"Predominantly, Muslim countries average 2.4 murders per annum per 100,000 people, compared to 7.5 in non-Muslim countries. The percentage of the society that is made up of Muslims is an extraordinarily good predictor of a country's murder rate. More authoritarianism in Muslim countries does not account for the difference. I have found that controlling for political regime in statistical analysis does not change the findings. More Muslims, less homicide."

I guess if you separate homicide from terror act - that could be true... 
But you don't see headlines like these in other countries from people killing for their "religion"... 
you can cite whacko's - and murders - but not based on a religious hatred

Eliminate the facts you don't like - and any study can say what you want it to...   8*

This is just a glimpse of headlines - but if you can find similar VIOLENT events in non-Muslim countries  - you're STUDY may be worth something.

Not all Muslims are violent - we just seem to hear about the ones that are...   claiming that a study finds they are less violent flies in the face of the news that is published nearly every day.
=============================================================================

At least 32 killed in 3 bombings in Baghdad
http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/at-least-32-killed-in-3-bombings-in-baghdad/2015/02/07/43c43b7e-aed1-11e4-abe8-e1ef60ca26de_story.html

At least 11 killed in 2 suicide bombing in Iraq's Baghdad
http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/world/2015-02/07/c_133977487.htm

ISIS putting price tags on Iraqi children, selling them as slaves, U.N. says
http://www.cnn.com/2015/02/06/world/isis-children-torture/

ISIS punishes cleric who objected to pilot’s killing
http://english.alarabiya.net/en/News/middle-east/2015/02/06/ISIS-punishes-cleric-who-objected-to-pilot-s-killing.html

January 7, 2015 -
-- At approximately 11:30 a.m., gunmen force their way into the Charlie Hebdo offices in Paris. The attackers allegedly say they are avenging the Prophet Mohammed and shout "Allahu akbar," which translates to "God is great," according to Paris Prosecutor Francois Molins.

-- Eight employees, a guest at the magazine, a maintenance worker and a police officer are killed.
January 9, 2015 -
-- In the morning, police and French special forces troops surround a building in Dammartin-en-Goele, northeast of Paris, where the Kouachi brothers are hiding inside with one hostage.

-- In the afternoon, a gunman enters a kosher grocery store in the Paris suburb of Porte de Vincennes, taking people hostage. The gunman is identified as Amedy Coulibaly. Police also link him to the attack in Montrouge. Also identified is his suspected accomplice, Hayat Boumeddiene. Officials say Coulibaly killed four hostages in the grocery store.
http://www.cnn.com/2015/01/21/europe/2015-paris-terror-attacks-fast-facts/
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2015, 05:03:49 PM »

Bobby Jindal Warns Of Muslim Invasion In USA

"Rather than back away from his disputed assertions about “no-go zones” for non-Muslims in Europe, Governor Bobby Jindal (R-LA) has tripled down, first telling Fox News’ Neil Cavuto that America could soon have its own “no-go zones” and now, in a radio interview with the Family Research Council’s Washington Watch, warning of the coming Muslim “invasion” of the U.S.

Jindal repeated his comments about “no-go zones” in which Muslims are trying to impose Sharia law during the Monday interview, telling those who would do the same here, “If you don’t want to be an American, don’t come to America… If we’re not careful the same no-go zones you’re seeing now in Europe will come to America.”

“They want to use our freedoms to undermine that freedom in the first place,” Jindal said later of Muslim immigrants. “This is a place where you have freedom of self-determination, freedom of religious liberty, freedom of speech. This is an amazing place and we’re a majority Christian country. We’re a Judeo-Christian heritage, but we don’t discriminate against those that have no beliefs and or have different beliefs.”

www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPTzcu8_F3k

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 11:02:25 PM »

U.S. aid worker Kayla Mueller, held hostage by Islamic State militants for 18 months, is dead
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/02/11/us-mideast-crisis-hostage-

I think that about sums it up...   8*

Even the president acknowledges that Islamic Terrorist did this...  in a round about way - but he is starting to connect the dots.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2015, 11:35:15 AM »

Eric Bolling: Christians Never Kill In The Name Of Religion

"Nearly every conservative television personality has slammed President Barack Obama's National Prayer Breakfast speech at this point.

But Fox News host Eric Bolling denied Saturday that Christians, or people of any faith other than Islam for that matter, have killed anyone in the name of their religion.

"Reports say radical Muslim jihadists killed thousands of people in the past few months alone," Bolling said on "Cashin' In." "And get, and yet when you take Christianity, Judaism, Hinduism, Buddhism, whatever, their combined killings in the name of religion -- well that number would be zero."

www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAZJqYh3T_Y

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2015, 11:37:43 AM »

Killing of 3 in Chapel Hill stirs alarm among Muslims
A Chapel Hill man has been charged with shooting and killing three people near the campus of the University of North Carolina, causing fear in the surrounding community. Initial concerns focused on the fact that all three victims were Muslim, causing alarm as to the motive
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/02/11/reports-3-young-muslims-slain-in-chapel-hill-shooting-n-c-man-charged/

The name of the Muslim hating killer...Hicks...go figure.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2015, 11:13:50 AM »

So you and Wolf Blitzer are hoping that its more than what the police have found...  a neighbor dispute/murder... 

Lefty's all waiting to pounce - and say AHA! Gotcha...

No suicide bombing/beheading/burning here folks -
just a plain old fashioned neighborhood dispute
that sadly ended in the death of 3 young people.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

excelsior

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2015, 03:03:41 PM »

Craig Hicks appears to be a progressive. 

Who is Chapel Hill shooter Craig Hicks?

A Facebook page in his name claims that Hicks is a married man, who read Paralegal Studies at Durham Technical Community College. 
A review of his social media shows him as a supporter of "Atheists for Equality". The consistent theme that figures on his Facebook account is that of anti-religious and progressive causes.

His Facebook 'likes' included the Huffington Post, Rachel Maddow, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Freedom from Religion Foundation, Bill Nye "The Science Guy," Neil deGrasse Tyson, Gay Marriage groups and similar progressive pages.

Interestingly, Hicks is also part of a "Religious Tolerance" group on Facebook.

In all appearances, he looks like a regular social media user. His last three posts were that of a cute dog video about the Pavlov effect, a viral advert for Air New Zealand involving mountain bikes, and a picture from United Atheists of America asking "Why radical Christians and radical Muslims are so opposed to each others' influence when they agree about so many ideological issues."

http://www.ibtimes.co.in/chapel-hill-shooter-craig-hicks-anti-theist-who-opposed-all-religions-623194
"The beginning of wisdom is a definition of terms." ~ Socrates

"No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude." ~ Karl Popper

"What vitiates entirely the socialists economic critique of capitalism is their failure to grasp the sovereignty of the consumers in the market economy." ~ Ludwig von Mises

“When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.”  ~ Socrates

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2015, 06:15:19 PM »

Were 3 Slain for Their Religion or Their Parking Space?

Craig Stephen Hicks, 46, describes himself as a "gun toting" atheist. Neighbors say he always seemed angry and confrontational. His ex-wife said he was obsessed with the shooting-rampage movie "Falling Down," and showed "no compassion at all" for other people.
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/man-arrested-shot-death-north-carolina-28881115

Sure sounds like quite a few of the righties that post on this site.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2015, 06:19:08 PM »

On Aug. 11, 2011, Hicks appears to have written:

There is no position on which people are so immovable as their religious beliefs. There is no more powerful ally one can claim in a debate than Jesus Christ, or God, or Allah, or whatever one calls this supreme being. The religious factions that are growing throughout our land are not using their religious clout with wisdom. They are trying to force government leaders into following their position 100 percent.

Craig Hicks shared United Atheists of America's photo.
Durham Technical Community College · February 8 at 5:35pm ·

On Jan. 20 of this year, the page was updated with a photo of what the caption calls a "loaded 38 revolver."

Craig Hicks
Durham Technical Community College · January 20 at 7:32pm ·
Yes, that is 1 pound 5.1 ounces for my loaded 38 revolver, its holster, and five extra rounds in a speedloader.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/02/11/craig-stephen-hicks-atheism_n_6661438.html

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2015, 06:25:36 PM »

The man accused of killing three students in a dispute over parking spaces had earlier run-ins with his neighbors, sometimes while wearing a handgun on his hip.

"I have seen and heard him be very unfriendly to a lot of people in this community," neighbor Samantha Maness told the Raleigh News and Observer. She said that accused killer Craig Hicks had "equal opportunity anger."

And yet, he allegedly aimed that anger at three Muslim neighbors.

Police were still trying to determine whether religious hatred played any role in the shootings

<snip>

A woman who lives near the scene described Hicks as short-tempered.

"Anytime that I saw him or saw interaction with him or friends or anyone in the parking lot or myself, he was angry," Samantha Maness said of Hicks. "He was very angry, anytime I saw him."

Hicks' ex-wife, Cynthia Hurley, said that before they divorced about 17 years ago, his favorite movie was "Falling Down," the 1993 Michael Douglas film about a divorced unemployed engineer who goes on a shooting rampage.

"That always freaked me out," Hurley said. "He watched it incessantly. He thought it was hilarious. He had no compassion at all," she said.
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alleged-north-carolina-shooter-had-prior-armed-run-ins-with-neighbors/

Hey...Greg Chamberlain uses that image in his avatar. Something like this:

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 26   Go Up