MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Mall of Monroe... will it survive?

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Mall of Monroe... will it survive?  (Read 24289 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Mall of Monroe... will it survive?
« Reply #180 on: June 16, 2018, 10:55:10 AM »

There is housing off the road behind the mall area but i've never heard or seen any problems there.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #181 on: June 16, 2018, 11:27:43 AM »

Parking "new" cars at the Northtowne parking lot seems like a dangerous thing - based on the clientele in the neighborhood ...   

Must have a full time security staff!   

The new Ann Arbor Railroad auto handling facility is right across Telegraph from where they are currently storing the cars at the former NorthTowne Mall site.  Maybe AA railway has bought the mall property too.  Once they're done building they should have room to stock pile some vehicles on the new project site. 

Typically property goes to the highest and best use and if that is all they can use it for at this point at least it's not just growing weeds.

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #182 on: June 16, 2018, 11:50:29 AM »

http://crimemap.toledo.oh.gov/

this doesn't show much criminal activity around NT mall area.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #183 on: June 30, 2018, 11:29:11 AM »

The mall in Midland was sold out of receivership this week. 

Lots of similarities with the mall here and that one. 

Midland probably has a stronger local economy but also no major cities surrounding it like Monroe has.

Their plans to draw new tenants are interesting.

https://www.ourmidland.com/news/article/Midland-Mall-sold-to-Kohan-Retail-Investment-Group-13037057.php#photo-15801485

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #185 on: July 01, 2018, 09:00:27 AM »

That dude is trouble   https://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/local/orchards-mall-s-new-owner-rescuer-or-bad-apple/article_a98e8373-ac11-591e-9c16-55e68883b34a.html

The article is almost 4 years old and the dude is still buying malls.  He's either got deep pockets or he does a great job of convincing banks or private investors to go along with him. 

Only time will tell with this project in Midland.

ytrewq

• Hero Talker

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #187 on: July 01, 2018, 09:23:25 AM »

True, but this is how he "affords" them:

https://www.heraldpalladium.com/news/local/orchards-mall-flirts-with-foreclosure/article_300ac618-d678-5c9d-b1e4-79ae989a72a3.html

A lot of business people use a similar approach to paying government related bills.  For whatever reason those bills don't go on your credit report. 

I'm not saying that it's 'right' but rather that it happens. 

Perfect scenario here...   it appears that his business is 'struggling' because they're late on paying taxes on one property and yet over in central Michigan they're plopping down millions to acquire another property. 

If he loses the mall in Midland to taxes then someone is going to get an even better 'deal' down the road. 

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #188 on: July 03, 2018, 07:39:16 AM »

I suppose he's probably flipped some of them for redevelopment and some probably eek out some profit.  Midland seems like its probably a little like Monroe--lot bigger cities (Saginaw/Bay City) a short drive away.   Except Midland I would guess is more affluent.

But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that it eventually comes out that the whole thing is a front for something.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #189 on: July 03, 2018, 12:49:57 PM »

Had to go to Lowes on Telegraph for a piece of PVC pip[e the other day and I'm glad I don't get that way often.  What a fuster cluck with traffic.  Went by the mall too.  Pretty dead
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #190 on: July 04, 2018, 09:15:24 AM »

Yep, Telegraph from the 7th Street to Lowes is easily 15 minutes of frustration many days.   

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #191 on: July 04, 2018, 09:22:10 AM »

I suppose he's probably flipped some of them for redevelopment and some probably eek out some profit.  Midland seems like its probably a little like Monroe--lot bigger cities (Saginaw/Bay City) a short drive away.   Except Midland I would guess is more affluent.

But honestly, I wouldn't be surprised that it eventually comes out that the whole thing is a front for something.

Entirely possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #192 on: July 04, 2018, 09:33:21 AM »

Had to go to Lowes on Telegraph for a piece of PVC pip[e the other day and I'm glad I don't get that way often.  What a fuster cluck with traffic.  Went by the mall too.  Pretty dead

Leave M-50 at Lewis or Raisinville and head north.  Work your way up to Stewart and head east.  You can take a 'shortcut' through the Arbor Creek subdivision and emerge at the back of Lowe's in the stock area.  Not a single traffic light since you left M-50!!!  Don't speed going through the subdivision and no one will be any the wiser.  Many of the roads in that stretch have been resurfaced in the last few years so the trip is actually fairly smooth too. 

Not near the traffic and lots and lots of farm fields.  You might even see a pheasant (we saw one yesterday over in Hillsdale County).

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #193 on: July 04, 2018, 10:00:51 PM »

Didn't know there was a back way but then I don't get up that way often.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #194 on: July 04, 2018, 11:04:09 PM »

Didn't know there was a back way but then I don't get up that way often.

Google maps works great even for places you've never been before!!!

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15   Go Up