MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Mall of Monroe... will it survive?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: Mall of Monroe... will it survive?  (Read 22813 times)

rwwjr

• Hero Talker
Re: Mall of Monroe... will it survive?
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2015, 07:17:48 PM »

Well, believe it if you will, but I was told by a long time Mercy employee, no a PreMedica employee, the plans are already in the works for a new hospital, probably back on Stewart Rd o hospital owned property.  Dont laugh, because ProMedica is already going to build a new hospital outside of Adrian, closing Tecumseh and Adrians hospital, combining them into 1

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: February 24, 2015, 08:40:59 PM »

Promedica going to spent millions downtown toledo remodeling old steam plant and build a parking garage.  They are rolling in cash.  They have a scam going.  They over bill by 10 times. Then accept about 1/10 in payment from ins co and Medicare.  Then they write off the loss on their taxes and get refunds.

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2015, 08:52:21 PM »

Promedica going to spent millions downtown toledo remodeling old steam plant and build a parking garage.  They are rolling in cash.  They have a scam going.  They over bill by 10 times. Then accept about 1/10 in payment from ins co and Medicare.  Then they write off the loss on their taxes and get refunds.

That's no different than any other hospital.  Going to get worse, now that we have Obamacare.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2015, 10:05:22 PM »

I'm sure they are all the same

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2015, 07:43:22 AM »

I'm sure they are all the same

I'm sure the tax laws they operate under are all equal ;) ;) ;)

Just like for individual taxpayers...

it's what individuals and any business does with those laws that vary!
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Debimark

• Super Talker
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2015, 07:48:14 AM »

https://www.google.com/maps/@41.9394458,-83.3931911,1102m/data=!3m1!1e3

The open spaces behind the Stewart Road Building, and the paved roadway to the new Oncology/Radiation Building do lend credibility to a great place for a new Hospital. Makes sense when you see it from an overhead perspective.

A great way to tie-in with an existing Assisted Living Facility (Magnum Care), and a redesign of the Mall into Senior Apartments.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2015, 07:53:08 AM »

And if they tie it all to Mall Road they can all swing through the new Starbucks on their way to work since they won't have to make a left turn ;) ;) ;)

ProMedica has pockets deep enough to pull all that off I'd guess.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Debimark

• Super Talker
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2015, 08:31:16 AM »

In all seriousness, BRD, I agree.  I have a haunting feeling that Frenchtown is already looking at the "big picture". I can see the City wanting to 'annex' the Stewart Road Property as they will most likely lose a Top-5 employer and be stuck with a huge drop in Property Tax revenue.

The entire tie-in of Mall Road to the "Health Care Corridor" does make sense.

All this is happening not too far from the Chateau Debimark......good thing, as the ambulance ride isn't too far in the event of a Fifty Shades Duct Tape accident, or worse, a zip-tie malfunction.

If I become a Developer, I shall have to hire you as a Consultant in the areas of "Planning, Forecasting, Coffee and Distilled Spirit Connoisseur". Something is happening out there, and I expect an announcement any day. The LZB Building will make that the "it" place to be. I expect some minor developments including some sub shops, a party store, and maybe a small franchise for dining.

I see mammoth opportunities for development and investment, not to mention property prices going through the roof. I think now I know why the owner of that ratty old Car Wash held out for so long.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2015, 08:38:29 AM »

In all seriousness, BRD, I agree.  I have a haunting feeling that Frenchtown is already looking at the "big picture". I can see the City wanting to 'annex' the Stewart Road Property as they will most likely lose a Top-5 employer and be stuck with a huge drop in Property Tax revenue.

All this is happening not too far from the Chateau Debimark......good thing, as the ambulance ride isn't too far in the event of a Fifty Shades Duct Tape accident, or worse, a zip-tie malfunction.

If I become a Developer, I shall have to hire you as a Consultant in the areas of "Planning, Forecasting, Coffee and Distilled Spirit Connoisseur". Something is happening out there, and I expect an announcement any day. The LZB Building will make that the "it" place to be. I expect some minor developments including some sub shops, a party store, and maybe a small franchise for dining.

I see mammoth opportunities for development and investment, not to mention property prices going through the roof. I think now I know why the owner of that ratty old Car Wash held out for so long.

That was his 'retirement' plan:

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2015, 08:47:01 AM »

Quatro has been talking for a few years now about doing something similar on his corner...   a development like you've proposed would tie right in with what he's wanting to do. 

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: February 27, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »

I see Northland Mall in Detroit has been ordered to close... 

must have been a bankruptcy thing as a judge was involved.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

rands

• Elite Talker
« Reply #41 on: March 04, 2015, 12:02:06 PM »

Well, believe it if you will, but I was told by a long time Mercy employee, no a PreMedica employee, the plans are already in the works for a new hospital, probably back on Stewart Rd o hospital owned property.  Dont laugh, because ProMedica is already going to build a new hospital outside of Adrian, closing Tecumseh and Adrians hospital, combining them into 1

If I remember correctly, about 3 or so years ago the MEN had an article on Mercy Hospital .  It was mentioned that in 2016 or 2017 they were planning to build a new hospital on Stewart Rd.  Maybe Promedica is going to speed things up?

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: March 04, 2015, 03:17:43 PM »

Guessing it will be at least that long.   Promedica already has a new admin campus in downtown Toledo and a new Lenawee County hospital to replace Bixby and Herrick in the works.   Guessing they would want to get those major projects done before starting another.   If you heard the remarks when the merger announcement was made, it was pretty clear Promedica will be making a major investment in Monroe though.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #43 on: March 04, 2015, 03:52:58 PM »

Guessing it will be at least that long.   Promedica already has a new admin campus in downtown Toledo and a new Lenawee County hospital to replace Bixby and Herrick in the works.   Guessing they would want to get those major projects done before starting another.   If you heard the remarks when the merger announcement was made, it was pretty clear Promedica will be making a major investment in Monroe though.

I just posted a photo of the big building project they're in the middle of down in Sylvania too:

http://monroetalks.com/forum/index.php?topic=30364.msg690799;topicseen#msg690799

Flanders

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: March 04, 2015, 04:23:42 PM »

Mall of Monroe + http://www.icombat.com/ = WIN!!

Yes, it's laser tag for adults.  Yes, that is a shock belt you wear to "feel" the experience.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up