MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > 2015 Lions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2015 Lions  (Read 4966 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: 2015 Lions
« Reply #30 on: November 06, 2015, 07:00:08 AM »

Gee was he the one that convinced "dad" they needed Millan?

I'm hoping he learned from that.

He also hired Mullally.....  I'm hoping he learned from that second experience on what to look for in a leader?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2015, 07:21:05 AM »

Yeah, I give y'all props for a good season. But a good game or 1 good season ain't a streak. Ya need to get it together. BTW, where is Wayne Fontes now? Playing golf and collecting a disability check.  :P

They don't call us Title Town for no reason.  ;D

p.s. IMHO I'd rather be a fudge packer than having my fudge packed like y'all been doing for too many years. But that's just me.  8)

As a long suffering Lions Fan I take comfort in the fact that sooner or later you will blow a QB pick, and go back to sucking with us.

Everything is cyclical - well except the Lions.  They just suck.

Who knew that the Wayne Fontes era was going to be the pinnacle of the modern NFL era for the Lions.  That has been a long time ago.

So apparently we have went through the cycle from "rebuilding" from the Matt Millen era - that truthfully we had never left - since they just kept his staff on after they fired him - and we really got nowhere.  1 playoff game - which we lost.  1 year we could have won the division, but we did not.  That was as good as that regime could do - which sucks.  All those high picks - and that was the best they could muster.  You knew that was what was going to happen - when even the first round picks were suspect, the second was usually a bust, and below that you were lucky to get one.

My only hope is they actually can attract a competent President and GM this time around.  Leaving them alone and giving them years to work is never the problem.  That they always do.  I hope they don't hire from within again - and I know there is a risk they promote Brian Xanders to the job.  While I think he may be qualified - and better at it then Mayhew was - I'm afraid that would mean that we don't get a total house cleaning that is probably needed in Allen Park.  It doesn't mean he couldn't be successful, and I wouldn't hang around and hope he would be, but I think an outsider would have a better shot at it.

Hughes Jr would be an interesting choice.....
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2015, 12:05:43 PM »

Stafford's wife comments on some of the recent changes in the D...

WARNING to any of the older guys with any type of heart condition...

be careful looking at the photos ;) ;) ;)

We've vacationed at India Rocks Beach and the bathing suits certainly do look authentic 8) 8) 8)

http://nypost.com/2015/11/06/matthew-staffords-wife-puts-down-vodka-slams-ex-lions-coach/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: November 07, 2015, 12:44:30 PM »

Stafford's wife comments on some of the recent changes in the D...

WARNING to any of the older guys with any type of heart condition...

be careful looking at the photos ;) ;) ;)

We've vacationed at India Rocks Beach and the bathing suits certainly do look authentic 8) 8) 8)

http://nypost.com/2015/11/06/matthew-staffords-wife-puts-down-vodka-slams-ex-lions-coach/

That article was so good I had to read it slowly several times!   ;D
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2015, 03:56:29 PM »

That article was so good I had to read it slowly several times!   ;D

Glad you appreciated the 'scenery' ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2015, 04:13:40 PM »

Somebody better get Prater a drink! Two missed extra points! Lions had this game locked up...now it's a nail biter
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2015, 04:28:45 PM »

Somebody better get Prater a drink! Two missed extra points! Lions had this game locked up...now it's a nail biter

If they hang on to win this game - the season is a success.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2015, 04:34:27 PM »

If they hang on to win this game - the season is a success.
Well, they win...but I'm not able to call the season a success!
I don't share my thoughts with the intent to change your mind...I simply wish to let others know my thoughts so that if they are like minded, they know they aren't alone.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2015, 04:34:42 PM »

Okay - Onsides kick!

:)
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2015, 04:35:24 PM »

Not over yet Brian!  Never over in Green Bay with the Packers!
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Brian Beneteau

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2015, 04:35:54 PM »

Okay - Onsides kick!

:)
Lol! Spoke too soon!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »

You say Prater missed 2 xtra points today?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2015, 04:43:33 PM »

It's a good season!

Lions win in Lambeau!

One streak is OVER!

I say give Caldwell another season.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2015, 04:55:57 PM »

Another nail biter ending like the Tampa and Dallas game.

The Pack is letting me down lately. I lost 5 large last week when they were against Carolina, cuz the odds were close. Only dropped 2 small today cuz the odds were Packers by 10. I don't play the spread, it's straight up, it's put down or shut up.

Good job Lions.  8)

I'll be having a big serving of humble pie for dessert after dinner.  :-[
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2015, 06:45:54 PM »

I'm thinking of all the cardiac patients from the Lions/UM game...   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up