MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > kroger

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: kroger  (Read 2633 times)

charcoal11

• Active Talker
kroger
« on: March 13, 2015, 11:24:52 AM »

Anyone see the enclosed section at kroger on monroe st ?  im thinking they are getting ready to expand  if it ends up like the one in lambertville it will be great

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: kroger
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2015, 11:30:54 AM »

I was curious when they were going to start that project?  I was shopping in there pretty regular last week because my wife was out of town!!!   Still have to buy dog and cat food...   and chocolate for me 8) 8) 8)

It won't end up as big as the one in Lambertville but it will still be a much larger and nicer store...

and it will finally be a 'real' Kroger store and not just a made over FoodTown store ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2015, 11:34:39 AM »

Kroger hit a home run with the store in Lambertville.parking lot is always packed.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2015, 11:37:54 AM »

Kroger hit a home run with the store in Lambertville.parking lot is always packed.

It has to be packed all the time...

can you imagine what the overhead is for a store like that?
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2015, 11:58:04 AM »

I wonder if it's possible to be too big?
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2015, 12:01:12 PM »

I wonder if it's possible to be too big?

I've not doubt that is the case in some instances!

Walmart is still the undisputed 'largest retailer' although recently Kroger has moved up to 2nd or 3rd in that category...

but Kroger is the number one grocery ahead of Walmart!

I'm a firm believer that 'bigger isn't always better' although being bigger does allow a business to do some things a smaller company can't...

but vice versa too!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 09:40:28 AM »

We were in the S. Monroe Kroger store yesterday.  They have 'parts' of the 'new' addition open and parts are still sectioned off for more work.  Very honestly it is a mess right now trying to find anything...   especially when you know where it's supposed to be.  The store manager was out and about and helping people find stuff so that was certainly a help.

I've been watching the store facade since they first started the addition.  They started going 'up' above the store entrance and then seemed to have stopped.  Then yesterday we could see that they've started taking the 'Food Town' curve off the top above the Kroger sign.  I'm curious now to see how it's going to end up!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2015, 08:23:14 AM »

They've finished repaving the new parking area where the 'old' fuel center was.  Now they've torn up the parking lot down by the beauty college and looks like they'll be repaving that soon.  That should make the whole parking lot 'all new' in the entire shopping center.  My wife had to run into the Kroger store for one item and she said it was like a tunnel inside when she first went inside.  It's not easy doing a major re-model while keeping the place open!!!

They've torn a little more of the facade down...    I still haven't figured out what they're planning on doing with that!

ytrewq

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2015, 08:29:53 AM »

It sure isn't going to look like a standard Kroger.   I'm surprised.   Most of the new ones right now have a pretty consistent dark brick facade.   This is entirely different.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2015, 08:41:28 AM »

It sure isn't going to look like a standard Kroger.   I'm surprised.   Most of the new ones right now have a pretty consistent dark brick facade.   This is entirely different.

I'm guessing it's a case of having to go along with what the rest of the center looks like.  Would be pretty expensive to take the 'standard' brick work and extend it to the whole shopping center.  I'm not a big fan of their color scheme with all the earth tones but I don't have to spend much time looking at it either.

Every time I look at it I still see flames going out through the roof down around the pizza place ;D ;D ;D

MarissaMGB

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2015, 09:10:15 AM »

Yea I live right by there and it sure will be a big relief when its finished!
cant wait to see the whole finished store cuz right now its a mess! for
me it will be easier to go there then fight traffic and go to the other end
of town to Meijer, even though I like Meijer better for there sales.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2015, 07:46:33 AM »

Looks like they've finished the parking lots plus the little street down by the Oddfellow's Lodge.

They'e still finishing up the facade but it's finally taking shape.

The inside is still a bit of a puzzle...   some areas are getting there and others they've got a long way to go. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2015, 08:03:47 AM »

They're still working on finishing up the facade...

seems like that was one of the first projects they started with.

They have all new shopping carts and it looks like they're adding even more U-scan lanes.  They've still got a few areas in the store that they're still working but it's mostly just some final detail stuff.  A few brand new coolers still not hooked up so not sure if they ever will use those.

It sure does look different inside.  For years it's looked like an 'old' FoodTown store inside but now the interior is all Kroger!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2016, 10:32:15 AM »

Anyone make it to the 'Grand Opening' at the Monroe Street store yesterday?

I drove by about 8:45 am and the parking lot was jammed. 

We actually needed milk last night so we drove to Toledo and went to the Point Place Kroger instead...

plus we got to have dinner with family 8) 8) 8)

Pages: [1]   Go Up