MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Health > Anti-vaccination movement

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Anti-vaccination movement  (Read 5065 times)

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
Re: Anti-vaccination movement
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2015, 08:10:09 AM »

Hmmm...  I see that jackass thread starter removed the (AKA Morons) form the thread title.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, now that he thinks I'm not a moron.   8*
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: May 13, 2015, 08:25:02 AM »

Hmmm...  I see that jackass thread starter removed the (AKA Morons) form the thread title.

Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside, now that he thinks I'm not a moron.   8*
Changing the title doesn't change my opinion.
It's just that when I saw Tiny contribute...I realized the title may have been a little harsh.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2015, 08:39:21 AM »

It's just that when I saw Tiny contribute...I realized the title may have been a little harsh.

You're welcome to have what ever opinion you want.  But when you force your "opinion" onto other people in typical liberal fashion, THAT'S when people get pissed off.  You are naturally abrasive and "harsh".  You should have left the title the way it was.  It was how you truly feel, and it showed your true colors.
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: May 13, 2015, 09:41:33 AM »

Typical liberal segregationist.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
  • My handsome boy! :)
« Reply #34 on: May 13, 2015, 09:29:05 PM »

Fry, you're absolutely entitled to your opinion, just like I'm entitled to mine. Everyone has their own opinion on this subject... However, I don't feel the need to call people names who may have a different opinion than mine... It doesn't "help my case" and it doesn't offer anything but hate to the discussion.

You say you changed the title because of Tiny - that was nice. :) I know, and understand, you have "issues" with a few others on the forum, but if you started a thread (like this) a little less harsh, you may get some better interaction to begin with. I'm not saying there won't be any arguing or attacks, but why feed into it to begin with? I'm sorry, I just don't see the need....

Anyway..... I hope you're doing well and I hope you have a nice evening. :)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2015, 09:14:18 AM »

Vaccines Don’t Cause Autism, Even in Kids at Higher Risk
http://time.com/3827309/vaccines-autism-siblings/

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2015, 10:57:58 AM »

Spokane Schools Expel Students With Missing Vaccination Records
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/spokane-schools-expel-students-missing-vaccination-records/story?id=30311563

===

Over 100 Spokane, Washington, students pulled from school over vaccination records
http://www.aol.com/article/2015/04/15/over-100-spokane-washington-students-pulled-school-vaccinations/21172599/

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2015, 11:00:21 AM »

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2015, 11:08:35 AM »

Unvaxed and Confused

We need a single national resource to help reduce America's health illiteracy.

Confusion about health facts and the depths of health illiteracy in this country are playing out in discussions from the kitchen to the doctor’s office to the halls of Congress. For instance, President Barack Obama recently opined that there is "every reason" for parents to get their children vaccinated. Later, Kentucky Republican Sen. Rand Paul claimed he knew of “walking, talking normal children who wound up with profound mental disorders after vaccines” and that the choice not to vaccinate was “an issue of freedom.”

New Jersey Republican Gov. Chris Christie (who last fall asserted state power over the public health in quarantining a nurse returning from the Ebola front lines), argued that parents should have “some choice” in vaccinations. His spokesman later clarified that there was “no question” kids should be vaccinated.

This confusion manifests every day in hospitals, doctors offices and homes around the country. At the end of a recent clinic visit after cardiac surgery, one of us offered a patient the influenza vaccine. “Doctor, you know I don’t believe in vaccines," she replied.

Her tone was one of reproach; her use of the verb “believe” was also striking.

Understanding the basic determinants of health is a fundamental component of individual and community well-being. In an era of information saturation, health professionals need to assist people in using that information to make wise health choices. But that is not an easy task.

Faced with an unfamiliar topic, human beings resort to cognitive short cuts, preferring what “feels right” or “makes sense.” Unfortunately, gut instinct can be wrong if it is based on incomplete experience. It takes effort to analyze available evidence, and we don’t often need or want to expend the energy.

A second problem is assessing the trustworthiness of the information source. An Internet search gathers true and false pronouncements indiscriminately. Trust in government pronouncements on health has decreased significantly since the Ebola outbreak. Statements from medical associations may be discredited after a dismal – and all too common – experience of health care delivery.

Constitutional law permits states to impose both quarantines and vaccine exemptions, if there is a reasonable basis for doing so. Reasonable measures can include quarantine and requirements that children attending school be fully vaccinated.

But constitutionality notwithstanding, politicians are well aware that laws mandating health-related behavior are unpopular. Thus, while some states mandate vaccinations subject only to a narrow religious exemption, (such as New York), 20 states allow children not to be vaccinated based broadly on the family’s “personal beliefs.” The community’s right to be free from a preventable infectious disease is then subsumed in favor of an individual’s personal choice.

To add to the confusion, public health and medical facts constantly evolve and are sometimes contradictory. This is due to the wonderful complexity of the human body and the incredible diversity of individuals.

We like our public officials to be unequivocal. However, like most things in life, every treatment or refusal of a treatment has a risk and benefit. It is essential to understand those risks and benefits in order to make a fully informed decision.

More here:
http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2015/02/11/vaccination-debate-shows-health-illiteracy-is-a-real-danger

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2015, 11:17:50 AM »

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2015, 10:52:55 PM »

Give it a rest Fry.  You ain't changing anyone's mind.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2015, 10:54:08 PM »

I'd say there aren't many anti-vaxxers in Monroe by the amount of smack being used.....  just say'in.

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2015, 12:30:19 PM »

Give it a rest Fry.  You ain't changing anyone's mind.

It's not so much about changing anyone's mind... It seems he's just trying to antagonize.

There's a difference between posting articles, trying to show your side of the debate, and posting pictures and making statements referring to the people on the other side of the fence, as idiots. Huge difference.  :-\

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2015, 11:48:43 PM »

We got a post card from our Vet that said our dog needed the Lepto L4 vaccine. So we took our dog in got the shot and 3 days later the dog won't eat, is lethargic and has what looks like blood blisters all over her belly. We did some research on this vaccine and the Leptospirosis disease and found out the vaccine can trigger an immune disease that attacks the dogs platelets. This causes the dogs blood to thin and not coagulate. She began throwing up bright red blood and pooping red blood. We ran her back to the Vet who was very concerned and agreed that the vaccine probably caused the problem. He contacted Pfizer the vaccine manufacturer to see if they would pay for treatment and testing and their Vet said, "Prove it". So now we are stuck paying a fortune to save our dog from bleeding to death because of a vaccine that was supposed to protect the dog.

Further research found that a lot of people are having the same problem and that most vets don't even think it is necessary in the US because the disease is most prevalent in tropical areas. Other countries don't use them because they say they don't work.

No more Vaccines for our dog if she survives.

BTW I'm not anti-vaccination but I do believe that some people are harmed by them. Everyone is different and react differently to vaccines.

Our Vet said the vaccine over stimulated our dog's immune system causing it to attack our dog's blood platelets. The Prednisone has brought that under control, but now the immune system is attacking the Red Blood cells which carry the oxygen to the cells. So now we have doubled the dose of Prednisone and hoping her bone marrow can rebuild her blood cell count. If she survives we will have to keep her on Prednisone for 6 to 12 months weaning her off slowly. The Prednisone suppresses her immune system which also makes her vulnerable to other diseases. Sounds like a never ending story caused by one vaccine.

Odds are slim this would happen but it did to our dog and anyone who says all vaccines are safe is full of it.
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

AtypicalGirl

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: May 20, 2015, 10:18:39 AM »

BTW I'm not anti-vaccination but I do believe that some people are harmed by them. Everyone is different and react differently to vaccines.

Our Vet said the vaccine over stimulated our dog's immune system causing it to attack our dog's blood platelets. The Prednisone has brought that under control, but now the immune system is attacking the Red Blood cells which carry the oxygen to the cells. So now we have doubled the dose of Prednisone and hoping her bone marrow can rebuild her blood cell count. If she survives we will have to keep her on Prednisone for 6 to 12 months weaning her off slowly. The Prednisone suppresses her immune system which also makes her vulnerable to other diseases. Sounds like a never ending story caused by one vaccine.

Odds are slim this would happen but it did to our dog and anyone who says all vaccines are safe is full of it.

Tiny, I'm so sorry you and your family have to go through this. :( All of you are in my thoughts and prayers. Watching a family member go through such pain and suffering is very hard. If you don't mind me asking, how old is your dog? And what breed is she?

This situation isn't a new thing - I've heard of animals who have bad reactions to the vaccines, but when we're talking about vaccines, people dont normally think of their pets, myself included.

I've watched what vaccines can do to babies who were functioning "normally" and reaching milestones on time. These babies are family, so it's safer for my children if they don't receive them, IMO. It's not just about the vaccines, but about how they interact with our bodies. Everyone is different. I personally don't want to take the chance. I'm not going to gamble with my children's lives. They are happy, healthy little kids, and I'd like to keep it that way.

When it comes to our dogs, they have all received their vaccines. I will admit, I never really thought about how the vaccines could affect our dogs. Reading your post has made me stop to think a little harder....

Again, I'm so sorry you have to go through this, but thank you for sharing.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up