MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Monroe Bank and Trust - automatic Fees?

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Monroe Bank and Trust - automatic Fees?  (Read 6177 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: Monroe Bank and Trust - automatic Fees?
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2015, 10:59:56 AM »

I've been a fan of credit unions for 30 years.  Our company had It's own then merged with much larger one.  No fees, free checking free bill pay as long as you go paperless.  Hood deals on loan if you need one.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2015, 01:28:18 PM »

I guess I should be looking for a think that is nationwide since I won't be home in the winters anymore. Any suggestions?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2015, 03:29:31 PM »

I don't have enough information to see how good or bad of a deal it is.

They say they cover lost and broken cell phones up to $300.

Sprint / ATT / Verizon / Square Trade charges more than that just for that coverage.

If you insure your phone - which I don't right now - it might be a good deal.

Now - if ALL the phones on my account are covered under my checking account - it is a smoking hot plan - and my kid is busting hers all the time.

I'm waiting for the second letter to pass judgement - and sooner or later it seems inevitable that SOMEONE will get away with ripping off my identity....  so who knows.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

livewire

• Hero Talker
  • "SHALL NOT be infringed". Got it?
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2015, 09:05:10 AM »

I don't have enough information to see how good or bad of a deal it is.

They say they cover lost and broken cell phones up to $300.

Sprint / ATT / Verizon / Square Trade charges more than that just for that coverage.

If you insure your phone - which I don't right now - it might be a good deal.

Now - if ALL the phones on my account are covered under my checking account - it is a smoking hot plan - and my kid is busting hers all the time.

I'm waiting for the second letter to pass judgement - and sooner or later it seems inevitable that SOMEONE will get away with ripping off my identity....  so who knows.

Agreed. The devil is in the details.  I will wait until the second letter comes, with more information.  If all cell phones are covered, it's a great deal.  We will see. 
The Spirit of the Woods is like an old good friend.
Makes me feel warm and good inside.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: April 04, 2015, 10:16:30 AM »

That does nothing for me, I have a company phone.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: April 04, 2015, 06:43:44 PM »

That does nothing for me, I have a company phone.

You work for a good company.....
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: April 04, 2015, 08:03:52 PM »

Well, middle of the road.  I wanted a Galaxy S4 and got an IPhone.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2015, 09:40:31 PM »

Funny.

It is usually the other way around.

Maybe they thought they were doing you a favor?

I would rather have the S4 too.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #23 on: April 04, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »

Humm......I've had the S4 for a while now and I like it, but it's overly complicated and big in my opinion.  The rest of my family has the iphones and I think I like what I see in theirs much better.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2015, 10:59:19 AM »

Androids tend to be that way at times, but I prefer the Wild West wide open hack it if you want to, make it what you want it to be architecture.

They can get out of whack depending on what you install on them or if you screw with them for sure.

I'm still working on my S3 - I haven't upgraded for a few years now.....

Its amazingly stable and it just does what I want it to do. 

If it had a giant battery it would be just about perfect.  I've learned how to work around that limitation though.

That whole Apple thing is just too much of a cult for my taste. 

I think getting all excited because they are going to introduce a new phone is just......  ridiculous.   Especially when Samsung passed them up years ago.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2015, 11:05:44 AM »

I don't like the Apple because it's to small for my old eyes.  I like my S4 that I've had a year or more.  Everyone else has Apple.  They do seem to be more responsive

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #26 on: April 05, 2015, 11:40:59 AM »

Same here blue2.  I had the apple for a short while ans traded it in for the S3.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: April 05, 2015, 09:53:12 PM »

I don't like the Apple because it's to small for my old eyes.  I like my S4 that I've had a year or more.  Everyone else has Apple.  They do seem to be more responsive
That's why I like the new Apple i6 plus...   about the same size as the Samsung.    I've slowly gravitated towards the stability of the apple platform - although I still have a PC laptop.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2015, 10:52:21 AM »

I guess I should be looking for a think that is nationwide since I won't be home in the winters anymore. Any suggestions?

I opened a 5/3 account in Monroe, very happy with it.  Granted, I qualify for extras as a Vet :), but overall so satisfied that I expanded from just a checking account.

They don't have a presence down here like they do in the upper midwest, heck the nearest branch or 5/3 ATM is 830+ miles away.  But the out of network bank ATMs down here only charge $2 vice MB&T fee of $4 +.  And 5/3 "forgives" your first few out of network ATM fees per month (more per month if your a Vet).  And that can be avoided by doing a cash back when buying stuff at the Nationwide Wally-Worlds.

With debit card, ATM's (down here they automatically print you a balance after transaction), internet banking, mobile apps on my Android, and (gasp!) the good old telephone I don't even need a local account down here now that I've permanently relocated.

They Bankers at the Monroe St. branch are very accessible, in person or by phone (5 states away) and will talk y'all thru your best options.

Having closed my MB&T account years ago for their shenanigans was they writing on the wall.
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2015, 11:00:28 AM »

After calling when I got home from my winter home, m b and trust told me that the seven dollar fee doesn't apply to me. If you don't mind my asking, where did you move to?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up