MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Buy ... Sell ... topic

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Buy ... Sell ... topic  (Read 3895 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Buy ... Sell ... topic
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2015, 04:46:06 PM »

I could swear the subject line is  Buy...Sell...topic.  I'd say that covers about everything.  Some special ads are cheaper but I just asked her and yes, MN was more expensive than the other papers...  by quite a bit.

Maybe thats why the classified section isn't much.

You insuinuated I made it up..."Do you make things up as ypu go along' sure sounds like an insinuation to me.  I'll let it go, it's really not germane anyway.

Have a nice day.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2015, 10:22:23 AM »

No, my wife ran a commercial ad last year in the Adrian Telegram, the Monroe News and the Blade and the News was more expensive than the others.  Thats a commercial ad bub, not a garage sale ad.....

She's not here right now.  When she gets back I'll get the particulars.

I didn't make anything up, it came from her originally, not me.  Myself, I prefer CL or the back page.
I could swear the subject line is  Buy...Sell...topic.  I'd say that covers about everything.  Some special ads are cheaper but I just asked her and yes, MN was more expensive than the other papers...  by quite a bit.

Maybe thats why the classified section isn't much.

You insuinuated I made it up..."Do you make things up as ypu go along' sure sounds like an insinuation to me.  I'll let it go, it's really not germane anyway.

Have a nice day.
Sorry but they're not quite the same.

Hey nails...will Ebay let you list your gun?

I saw this:

Welcome to eBay Classifieds, your free, local classifieds site. eBay Classifieds offers a convenient, fun, and easy way for people in the same city to buy, sell, trade and help each other out. You might even find your next job here. Adopt a pet, and give them a new home where they can be loved. Your options are endless!

So come on in, post your free ad, or browse through our site and find what you want, without leaving your neighborhood.

http://www.ebayclassifieds.com/
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2015, 10:55:50 AM »

eBay.. Not sure, but wanted to keep it local. Cash and carry, no pun intended.

Anyone interested, PM me.

Oh... Just noticed the classified part. Didn't know they had a local division.
Checked it, and they don't allow listing any weapons/ firearms.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:14:56 AM by nails »
Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2015, 11:57:58 AM »

Sorry but they're not quite the same.

They are the same in the newspaper world - all are considered classified ads.  The larger ads you see in the classified section are "display" classified ads.  My ads were all "regular" classified ads listed under a specific category.  The best price for the longest time was the Daily Telegram.  The most expensive for the shortest period of time was the Monroe News.  Fact. 
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2015, 12:06:34 PM »

They are the same in the newspaper world - all are considered classified ads.  The larger ads you see in the classified section are "display" classified ads.  My ads were all "regular" classified ads listed under a specific category.  The best price for the longest time was the Daily Telegram.  The most expensive for the shortest period of time was the Monroe News.  Fact.
Then what explains the difference between what you and/or SCF has stated and what Ghost Writer has stated?

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

superspice_10

• Hero Talker
  • Ahahahahahahaha !!!!!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2015, 12:46:21 PM »

Since I'm not well versed in Facebook, what are these groups for buying and selling you talk about?

I want to put something up for sale that I can't put on Craigslist.

l

Ok , here goes ... There is a lot of groups and each one has an administrator or sometimes more than one .... It depends on what the group is for and they have rules that will or will not allow you to sell . ..... For example some are for baby items only or household items only ...some will not allow FCFS ( first come first serve) or no firearms , etc.. It's easy to check out the rules on the groups main page .... Usually u have to ask to join and that's pretty easy . There are a few groups for hunting and fishing that allows firearms .... Usually the rules are made up by the people who create the group . They're pretty easy to find by a general search .... Here's a few that I know of .... Michigan Hunting and Fishing , Southern MI. Trading post , Monroe/Frenchtown garage sales ( don't think they allow firearms ) .... If you search Monroe mi groups you can easily find them just research the rules and what they allow .... It does take alot of time doing that but it might be worth it in the long run ..... ( nails u could pm me if u have questions and I might be able to help ). it is and isn't an easy thing to do sometimes cause it's accually time consuming because of the research , the item your selling , who your dealing with , the group your dealing with , etc .... But on the other hand you meet some good people and can make a few bucks by getting rid of stuff.... Anyway hope it helps and let me know if u need any help .... Good luck
Here Kitty Kitty !!!!

Dead Time is 3:00 am.

Go # 88 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

REBELOUS SINCE 1975 !!!!!!!!!!  8)

AND YOUR POINT IS ??? OH JUST SHUT UP , YOUR TIME IS UP NOW , MOVIN ON NOW !!!!!!!!  8*

Ghost Writer

• Elite Talker
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2015, 01:09:46 PM »

Then what explains the difference between what you and/or SCF has stated and what Ghost Writer has stated?

I will try to explain the difference for you Fry.  I started the whole thing by pointing out that the statement:

The classified ad rate in the MN is higher than any other papers in the area, Blade included.

was “simply NOT true.”  After providing facts to support my post, he changed his argument because he wasn’t talking about “classified” ads (even though that’s exactly what his post stated) but was about a “commercial” ad (which are actually referred to in the business as “retail advertising” or “ROP”).  I countered with ad rates for those types of ads, and again, the cost to run an ROP ad in The Blade is more than three times the cost to run that ad in The Monroe News.

I also pointed out that many variables can affect the cost of the type of ad you run.  Then his argument was that “some special ads are cheaper.”  That is true.  If his wife went to The Blade to run a “classified display ad” and the newspaper had a special advertising section or a sale running, they would offer her the sale rates outside of the regular section.  I have no doubt that it is sometimes possible to get a cheaper ad in another paper, depending upon what kind of specials they are running or special advertising sections they have coming up.  (i.e., “Spring Clean Up Supplement,” “Summer Festivals and Craft Shows,” “Car Repair Supplement,” etc.)  But as a general rule, ad rates for all newspapers are easily available, and if you take the exact same “classified ad” to The Monroe News and The Blade, it will cost you at least twice as much to run in The Blade.  If you take the exact same “ROP ad” to The Monroe News and The Blade, it will cost you between 3 and 4 times as much to run in The Blade.

With all due respect to Cat Lady, one anecdote about purchasing an ad at 3 different newspapers does not make the original statement made by SCF true.

And I didn’t insinuate that SCF makes stuff up.  I asked him directly.  I apologize for hurting his feelings.  But like I said, too many statements get made on Monroe Talks as facts, and for the most part, I take them for the opinions that they are and move on.   I know that the few remaining posters on MT hate The Monroe News, and that’s fine.   But if you make a statement about the newspaper that is not true, you need to be called out on it.  It’s only fair.

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2015, 01:25:43 PM »

For the record, I do not hate the Monroe News.  I find their coverage to be adequate and on local issues coverage is usually good.  I read three newspapers and each one has different strong points and weaknesses.  If I want info on local rent prices, for example, I go to the Monroe News.  If I am looking for farm items, I tend to go to the Daily Telegram.  The Independent has great local news and I thoroughly enjoy Tanya's articles.  If I am looking to buy something, I first go to classified ads.  Sorry I got off subject.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:30:13 PM by CatLady »
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Ghost Writer

• Elite Talker
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2015, 01:33:00 PM »

For the record, I do not hate the Monroe News.  I find their coverage to be adequate and on local issues coverage is usually good.  I read three newspapers and each one has different strong points and weaknesses.  If I want info on local rent prices, for example, I go to the Monroe News.  If I am looking for farm items, I tend to go to the Daily Telegram.  The Independent has great local news and I thoroughly enjoy Tanya's articles.  If I am looking to buy something, I first go to classified ads.  Sorry I got off subject.

As someone who truly loves and appreciates newspapers, this makes me smile!  :) :) :) :) :) :) :)  Thank you, CatLady!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2015, 10:20:45 AM »

I will try to explain the difference for you Fry.  I started the whole thing by pointing out that the statement:

was “simply NOT true.”  After providing facts to support my post, he changed his argument because he wasn’t talking about “classified” ads (even though that’s exactly what his post stated) but was about a “commercial” ad (which are actually referred to in the business as “retail advertising” or “ROP”).  I countered with ad rates for those types of ads, and again, the cost to run an ROP ad in The Blade is more than three times the cost to run that ad in The Monroe News.

I also pointed out that many variables can affect the cost of the type of ad you run.  Then his argument was that “some special ads are cheaper.”  That is true.  If his wife went to The Blade to run a “classified display ad” and the newspaper had a special advertising section or a sale running, they would offer her the sale rates outside of the regular section.  I have no doubt that it is sometimes possible to get a cheaper ad in another paper, depending upon what kind of specials they are running or special advertising sections they have coming up.  (i.e., “Spring Clean Up Supplement,” “Summer Festivals and Craft Shows,” “Car Repair Supplement,” etc.)  But as a general rule, ad rates for all newspapers are easily available, and if you take the exact same “classified ad” to The Monroe News and The Blade, it will cost you at least twice as much to run in The Blade.  If you take the exact same “ROP ad” to The Monroe News and The Blade, it will cost you between 3 and 4 times as much to run in The Blade.

With all due respect to Cat Lady, one anecdote about purchasing an ad at 3 different newspapers does not make the original statement made by SCF true.

And I didn’t insinuate that SCF makes stuff up.  I asked him directly.  I apologize for hurting his feelings.  But like I said, too many statements get made on Monroe Talks as facts, and for the most part, I take them for the opinions that they are and move on.   I know that the few remaining posters on MT hate The Monroe News, and that’s fine.   But if you make a statement about the newspaper that is not true, you need to be called out on it.  It’s only fair.
Well thanks for setting those know-it-all liars straight. Just kidding  ;D

But really, thanks for contributing.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2015, 01:24:35 PM »

I've been looking to get rid of my Monroe History books. I'm thinking having a garage sale next week.
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up