MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 130277 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2535 on: May 16, 2018, 06:10:37 PM »

Wondering where MSU is paying the $500M from.....endowments, or tuition increases?

Probably a combination of the two plus some of your taxpayer dollar$$$$$$!
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2536 on: May 16, 2018, 06:39:54 PM »

Probably had it set aside for years earning interest.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2537 on: May 16, 2018, 07:50:03 PM »

I read earlier.....tax dollars and tuition.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2538 on: May 16, 2018, 08:53:10 PM »

Just not rght to jack up tuition to pay for University wrong doing. But why should tax paying citizens pay the tab either.
So where does money come from??

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2539 on: May 16, 2018, 10:44:45 PM »

Just not rght to jack up tuition to pay for University wrong doing. But why should tax paying citizens pay the tab either.

Maybe Engler has a magic bottle with a genie inside and rubs it and it appears.....  No, don't think so.  Engler may rub his belly but no genie appears...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2540 on: May 17, 2018, 09:57:54 AM »

Borrow the money and let the future profits from the athletic department pay for it!

Probably had it set aside for years earning interest.

That's exactly what they should have done!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2541 on: May 19, 2018, 10:40:50 AM »

Wondering where MSU is paying the $500M from.....endowments, or tuition increases?

I see its not really that amount going to the victims however...  30% already going to Attorney's...

For doing what?     
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2542 on: June 05, 2018, 10:01:05 AM »

We got a recall notice for the airbag in our car yesterday.  Ford wants us to quit driving it and they will pay up to $30 a day for a rental car. 

Has anyone taken Ford up on this offer?  How's it working out?  Who rents out cars for $30 a day? 

I think it's the passenger side airbag so maybe I could just put a couple of sand bags over the bag and duct tape it in place :) :) :)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2543 on: June 16, 2018, 10:00:25 AM »

I'm going out and mow in a bit.  I mowed a little over half the yard yesterday so I can probably finish in another hour or so.

They I have to pull the deck out from under the tractor and resharpen all the blades.  I have some tall stuff in the back that got away from me while it was all wet.  I can't really get in there with the H and the brush hog so I have to use the Cub Cadet.  With the tall grass though you have to have fresh sharpened blades and mow slow or you'll end up having to mow it 3 times anyway. 

Once I get caught up then it should be mostly just maintain what I have done.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2544 on: July 08, 2018, 09:25:00 AM »

I've been keeping an eye open as our son has been helping a guy he works with a project.  His co worker found an almost perfect 80sish F250 4 wd with a 460.  The engine was stock with cast iron manifolds and single exhaust so he ordered up a set of headers and a couple of lengths of 2.5" stainless tubing along with a box of fittings.  Our son is a pipefitter so this is pretty much what he does all day anyway but in a slightly different environment.  They even found a couple of Thrush stainless steel 'mufflers' to help make it quiet.

One night when they just had the headers on my son reached in and started the truck and just let it idle after he goosed it a couple of times to let the idle drop off to a slow idle..  He had a big grin and said 'now that sounds nice'.

I asked him how he thought it would sound if you were standing at McDonald's and half the vehicles circling through the parking lot sounded like that...   he got an even bigger grin and agreed that would have been neat. 

I remember those days (nights actually) right after we had that first McDonalds in our little town.  Burgers were a quarter and they were still counting the number sold in the millions.  They had a counter up on the big sign out front and it would change every week or two as another 'million' went down. 

Good memories ;D ;D ;D

I don't know how 'extreme' his coworker is going to go with the project.  It looks 'pure stock' now other than the stainless pipes hanging out either side.  It is a little louder than stock though.  Personally I wouldn't go too extreme with it but it's his truck.  I'm sure he'll be around with it as he progresses.

One thing to always remember...

the difference between men and boys is the price of their toys 8) 8) 8)

This is a video I found on Youtube.  It's the first startup after installing a thumper cam. 

FORD 460 THUMPER CAM

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2545 on: July 12, 2018, 08:09:45 PM »

I saw this on my phone earlier so no link but it's just something that bugs me...

The Coast Guard has ordered several new 'ice breaker' ships which will obviously be used in the northern parts of the United States. 

That is good...

but the ships will all be built at a builder in Tampa Bay, Florida!!!

The engines will all need an overhaul by the time the boats ever see any ice :( :( :(

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2546 on: July 13, 2018, 09:14:49 AM »

I find it interesting that someone posts on a public forum and when the replies aren't EXACTLY what they were expecting, they close the thread and whine about participation.

If you post a comment on a public forum such as this, you don't always get replies that align with your thought train....

If you want comments that agree with your presumptions 100%.  Don't post anything that that can be construed otherwise.

How ALL internet forums work.

Some people need to put on their big boy pants and man up (or woman up).

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2547 on: July 14, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »

Happy birthday tomorrow big boy!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2548 on: July 14, 2018, 02:47:45 PM »

Happy birthday tomorrow big boy!

Thank you Erie.  I told CL no cake.  Don't think I could blow out all the candles and knowing CL, she'd get the ones that relight.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2549 on: July 17, 2018, 02:04:41 PM »

The latest on the Ford Takata airbag settlement.

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/Ford-agrees-to-299-M-Takata-Air-Bag-settlement-488374141.html

I'm wondering if I sell the car and of course disclose the recall situation to the buyer how much of a 'hit' I'll take on the price.

And can I file a claim for that amount up to the $500?

Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 176   Go Up