MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 176   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 130021 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #30 on: June 03, 2015, 09:26:44 AM »

I'm thinking this might be a good way to lose a finger or a thumb (or both)...

https://instagram.com/p/3b0QuKiB5Q/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #31 on: June 03, 2015, 09:31:36 AM »

I'm thinking we need more people like this in Michigan.  I've actually crossed paths with this man a few times back in my Bay City days. 

He even ventured into the breastaurant business when they were reviving the waterfront in downtown Bay City...   he got rid of the Hooters restaurant though... 

probably too 'distracting' from his other work ;D ;D ;D

http://www.mlive.com/news/bay-city/index.ssf/2015/05/art_dores_bay_city_demolition.html#incart_river

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: June 03, 2015, 09:38:44 AM »

Been to the Hooters in Bay City before.  The scenery was good, (not outstanding) the food sucked and the prices were real high.  All-in-all, not an enjoyable experience.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #33 on: June 03, 2015, 10:58:49 AM »

I'm thinking we need more people like this in Michigan.  I've actually crossed paths with this man a few times back in my Bay City days. 

He even ventured into the breastaurant business when they were reviving the waterfront in downtown Bay City...   he got rid of the Hooters restaurant though... 

probably too 'distracting' from his other work ;D ;D ;D
Lots of money it appears in Demo work... 

Homrich's have done a lot as well - a local company here...

Downtown Bay City has a vibrant night life in at least one area...  although its been a few years since I've been there.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: June 03, 2015, 02:18:36 PM »

Got me thinking about 'Legs and Eggs' on Alexis in Toledo.  Too bad it closed.  Nice eye candy and a good breakfeast too.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #35 on: June 04, 2015, 09:01:25 AM »

I'm thinking we need more discussion on 'ideas' around here ;) ;) ;)

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: June 04, 2015, 09:13:09 AM »

Legs and Eggs on Alexis?   I guess i missed that one.
There is a place that sort of meets the same criteria plus 1 on Alexis up by Tremainsville.  Star Diner. And they even have really good food.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: June 04, 2015, 09:34:24 AM »

Got me thinking about 'Legs and Eggs' on Alexis in Toledo.  Too bad it closed.  Nice eye candy and a good breakfeast too.
I think there's a few of the Star Diners- sound similar
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: June 04, 2015, 09:40:45 AM »

Yes there are multiple Star Diners in Toledo. I think the are owned by the Skaff family that had The Charcoal House and maybe the Willows restaurants.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: June 04, 2015, 10:22:25 AM »

I'm thinking we need more discussion on 'ideas' around here ;) ;) ;)

Here's an idea, lets get together and open up our own diner complete with scantily clad waitresses.  Fuzz can do the interviewing.....

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: June 04, 2015, 02:14:11 PM »

Here's an idea, lets get together and open up our own diner complete with scantily clad waitresses.  Fuzz can do the interviewing.....

I'm in if we don't have to serve food. 

Let's just do popcorn like Steve's Bar did.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: June 04, 2015, 08:38:21 PM »

I happen to know the person who does the interviews for Scarlett's in Toledo.  He says the job isn't all it's 'cracked' up to ne.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: June 04, 2015, 10:51:14 PM »

I happen to know the person who does the interviews for Scarlett's in Toledo.  He says the job isn't all it's 'cracked' up to ne.

That can't be much of a job -   Uh... you pay us $x dollars a shift plus a % of your backroom fee's... 

Its not like they are interviewing for a job,  they are renting club space for their "talents" -   they are the ones paying for the privilege to work there!     

and since the pastie police of Toledo are on the loose - it's not much from what it used to be I'm told 
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2015, 08:20:56 PM »

and since the pastie police of Toledo are on the loose - it's not much from what it used to be I'm told

That has to be a heck of a job.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #44 on: June 08, 2015, 08:18:09 AM »

That has to be a heck of a job.
Keeping score of the dots versus the X's probably keeps their mind off of other things  ;D

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 176   Go Up