MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 133919 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2625 on: September 12, 2018, 08:55:56 AM »

Walmart is excluding overnight camping / parking slowly in all their stores due to pushback from local communities.

With a 30 footer no way could you park in a res neighboorhood.  Too long.  I can.

I spent many years sleeping in Interstate rest areas with my big truck, no different with the TC.  In fact, it's my preferred stealth camping spot.

No Overnight camping in a rest area means deploying slides, awnings and putting out a portable fire pit.  We don't do any of that.  It's for a power sleep, nothing more.  Park the truck, lock the doors, get in the TC, brush our teeth and sack out.

I'd never own a pull behind or a 5er.  They won't go where I want to camp.  Even I didn't have a TC, I'd have a tent. Your 30 footer would make it maybe 50 feet down the seasonal road to our property and then you'd rip off the axles and if you didn't the trees would can open the top.  Don't work for me.

I am curious of why you would even want to park much less 'stay' on a residential street?  For someone that wants to stay on their own property off the end of a seasonal unimproved road what would be the appeal to staying on a residential street?

Actually, "no overnight camping" means whatever the LE officer that is standing there talking to you feels it should mean.  In different states or even within different municipalities within a state it can mean different things.  Pulling in late and crashing we've never been bothered.  I have seen big motorhomes hit the auto levelers and stick out the slides and then they were gone when we got up fairly early in the morning.  I have no idea if they were asked to move on or not.  I know an important factor to us when looking at the various floor plans is how many beds to you have access to without pushing out the slides.  And can you get in and out of the bathroom without slides open.  Surprising how many RVs that you have to open the slide at least part way just to use the potty. 

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2626 on: September 12, 2018, 10:53:06 AM »

Just saw this on Twitter...

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2627 on: September 12, 2018, 05:52:18 PM »

The gas station on Old 27 In Frederic is a B & B. It's a Beacon chain station. I see several up north. One alone 75 about halfway up and another one at M55 and US 131 near Cadillac. Their prices are generally lower that the big chains. I didn't want to look for the right topic !!

The other topic on where Up North starts-- Maybe where the limit goes to 75 mph
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2628 on: September 12, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »

The gas station on Old 27 In Frederic is a B & B. It's a Beacon chain station. I see several up north. One alone 75 about halfway up and another one at M55 and US 131 near Cadillac. Their prices are generally lower that the big chains. I didn't want to look for the right topic !!

The other topic on where Up North starts-- Maybe where the limit goes to 75 mph

That must be it.  We turned west on 612 just south of there so it all fits. 

I remember when we used to drive on old 27 because there was no interstate yet.  Always remember the stretch from Frederic to Pellston.  Was kind of neat driving on it again.

I'm not sure where the 75 mph started as I was hauling the camper and had the cruise set at about 62 and there wasn't much traffic.  That makes as much sense as all the other arbitrary lines we came up with. 

Here's the B & B website.  They claim to sell lots of Michigan made products.  I wonder where they actually get their fuel? 

I see their headquarters are in Flint but they don't have any stations down in our area.

http://www.beaconandbridge.com/locations/

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2629 on: September 14, 2018, 09:14:53 AM »

We saw on the 11 pm news last night that the hurricane was starting to impact the shoreline in North Carolina.  I know hurricane paths must be hard to predict...   I watched Charlie turn on a dime and head right up the Peace River years ago. 

At one point it looked like it might head south more and possibly hit Atlanta.  If it does then that will be a super mess. 

The hurricane southeast of us is keeping us in a fairly stable weather pattern for the next several days and then we 'may' get some of the leftover rain.  Not sure we need much more rain right now...   especially the farmers. 

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2630 on: September 17, 2018, 01:20:57 PM »

If you're driving on a 4 lane highway and you really want to go exactly as fast as the guy next to you for 15 miles for gods sake get in front of him or get behind him but get the Frick out of the passing lane !!

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2631 on: September 19, 2018, 10:10:19 PM »

LOL  Been there, done that Maverick!  If I am not pulling my jeep, I will most likely be using cruise control.  Some creep comes up and rides next to me, I will click it off and let the guy pass me.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2632 on: October 04, 2018, 07:24:23 PM »

What a gorgeous evening this was....

I just love fall.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2633 on: October 04, 2018, 08:58:36 PM »

Me too.  This s no sweat weather.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2634 on: October 11, 2018, 07:26:59 PM »

It looks like Indian Summer might be over.

Feeling alot like Fall out there again.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2635 on: October 11, 2018, 08:40:14 PM »

I don't like this cool weather one bit..Getting old I guess

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2636 on: October 11, 2018, 09:33:43 PM »

Supposed to be a mild winter, little snow, mild temps.

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
  • 1972 - 1975
« Reply #2637 on: October 12, 2018, 05:03:41 PM »

I am heading to meet relatives tomorrow morning and decided to sleep in a wal-mart parking lot last night in IL.    I was only going to get about 4 hours rest so woke up at 4:30 to take off again and the outside temp was 32, inside was 48! Brrrr!  Already stopped today, but parked the rig and am roughing it at a hotel tonight! :)  It is time to head south!

Maverick

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2638 on: October 12, 2018, 06:55:45 PM »

Bringing my agave's in tonight for the winter.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2639 on: October 12, 2018, 09:06:19 PM »

Amy brought in the Ivy's.  Supposed to frost tonight, I doubt it though, it's raining.  Frost and rain don't really mix.

Our RV is exactly where it belongs, winterized, shore powered in the garage, where it will stay until spring.  I need to add a pair of solar panels over the winter and a controller.  I think 200 watts is enough for a pair of group 24 batteries.

We have no interest in 'going south', never have.  I'd prefer going north to Maine for instance.

Both propane bottles are full and I'm happy.  Furnace is coming on and it's 70 in here.

I'd like a hard freeze so I can pick some Brussles Sprouts.  Love those little cabbages.  Plants are loaded.
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177   Go Up