MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177]   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 133914 times)

blue2

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2640 on: October 13, 2018, 09:00:14 AM »

Can't beat a Brussel sprout after the frost.  Before that I think they are to bitter.  I've found that in late summer I pick all the old golf ball and larger sizes off the bottom and throw in composter.  It allows for more little ones to "sprout".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2641 on: October 13, 2018, 10:09:39 AM »

No frost last night, oh well.  The sprouts will have to wait.  I let them grow all winter, cover them with straw and pull them in the spring (stems).  Took the big black dog for his morning walk (and poop).
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2642 on: October 16, 2018, 07:58:36 PM »

I left New Orleans and come home to this chilly weather!   forgot to pack a jacket even, cause when I left it was still nice here. 

I have wild mums blooming - and the rest of my fall and late summer stuff looks good even after the frost..   

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2643 on: October 16, 2018, 08:16:21 PM »

Don't worry, it won't tomorrow.  I went and plucked all the green peppers I could.  We had a very heavy frost last night.  I'll give it about a week and I'll start picking brussels sprouts.  The vines are loaded.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2644 on: October 16, 2018, 11:01:26 PM »

I have a lot of peppers yet so I’ve been covering the garden. Still need to dehydrate the hot ones.
Pages: 1 ... 175 176 [177]   Go Up