MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What are you thinking about right now?

Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182   Go Down

Author Topic: What are you thinking about right now?  (Read 170759 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: What are you thinking about right now?
« Reply #2700 on: July 21, 2019, 09:33:21 AM »

What a disappointing weekend.

A continual line of thunderstorms and rain - all going just north of me.

Stupid Art Fair!

On the other hand - kind of funny.  I credit God for having a sense of humor.

What is an 'art fair'.  Michigander aren't art people, they are factory workers. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2701 on: July 21, 2019, 10:02:28 AM »

What is an 'art fair'.  Michigander aren't art people, they are factory workers. ;D

An Art Fair is where talented creative people, mostly very Liberal, who have an extremely high opinion of themselves sell mostly homemade junk to other Liberals that have absolutely no skills whatsoever but still have very high opinions of themselves, and they somehow have lots of disposable income to throw around to buy this junk.

The "artist" and the "art collector" exchange money and junk, and tell each other how wise they are for doing the exchange.

Me - I'd rather go to another Liberal gathering called the "Hash Bash."  At least the people watching there is funnier.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2702 on: July 21, 2019, 10:28:07 AM »

That's a pretty good description of the AA Art Fair.  Lots of overpriced crap too

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2703 on: July 21, 2019, 01:13:35 PM »

I can see it would be high on my 'not to do' list.  People in general in AA seem to think that they are better than everyone else and their automotive driving skills leave a lot to be desired too.

I think GR is a much nicer town and the people there don't have that snotty attitude either.

MN, that is a classic description, I laughed my butt off.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2704 on: July 21, 2019, 01:15:31 PM »

"Me - I'd rather go to another Liberal gathering called the "Hash Bash."  At least the people watching there is funnier."

They way things are shaping up here in Michigan, you won't have to go far to enjoy that venue.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2705 on: July 21, 2019, 01:29:02 PM »

"Me - I'd rather go to another Liberal gathering called the "Hash Bash."  At least the people watching there is funnier."

They way things are shaping up here in Michigan, you won't have to go far to enjoy that venue.

Nope.  Just up to the Peoples Republic of Ann Arbor.

Probably best not to carry that day - cause no guns allowed on sacred University Property - which is BS.

Plus - Liberals can't tell the difference between balloons popping and gunfire.

I assume if someone thought you had a gun the SWAT team would be called in, and people would panic.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2706 on: September 09, 2019, 08:22:03 PM »

I love fall.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2707 on: September 12, 2019, 03:52:18 PM »

So do I.  I can finish my hay and put stuff away.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2708 on: September 12, 2019, 05:50:38 PM »

3rd or 4th cutting?

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2709 on: September 12, 2019, 06:12:38 PM »

3rd or 4th cutting?

neither, only 2 this year because of the wet spring and I got it done just in time.  We got almost an inch of rain last night.

I'm contemplating watching the dog and pony show.  Probably won't though.  Already know who I'm voting for.  Made that decision a long time ago.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2710 on: September 12, 2019, 06:22:27 PM »

Oh yeah, we did have some rain in April and May and part of June...It rained really hard down here about 11AM and again at 3:30AM..  My glass gauge had 3-1/2" and it's usually accurate. My electronic one read .87

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2711 on: September 12, 2019, 07:39:53 PM »

I prefer the glass vial one over the electronic version.  I have little luck with the electronic ones, they always seem to clog up with stuff like bugs.  The glass vial ones never clog up.  They do get green in the bottom if you forget to empty them however.

I'd like to own a Davis Innstruments weather station but they are extremely costly.  Too much for my finances so I do the glass vial on the back deck rail.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2712 on: September 12, 2019, 08:50:59 PM »

the glass tube is almost always the same as the electronic one.  I was surprised this morning they were so different.  I'm sure I did not have any water in the glass..And it rained hard at 11PM not AM.  it rained hard both times for quite a while so I wasn't surprised there was over 3" in the glass tube

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2713 on: September 13, 2019, 11:15:28 AM »

Thinking abut the dog and pony show last night was.  I watched an hour of it and that was more than enough.  If ANY of those clowns get elected, this country is done.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2714 on: September 13, 2019, 12:54:54 PM »

Thinking abut the dog and pony show last night was.  I watched an hour of it and that was more than enough.  If ANY of those clowns get elected, this country is done.

I feel bad for all the flack that Texas State Rep is taking for telling Beto his AR was ready. 

I read it as Beto could come over and pick it up - that it was in its case, with its liberal approved trigger lock on - ready for confiscation.

Crazy liberals are acting like he threatened to assasinate the idiot.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182   Go Up