MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Roasted Duck Tortellini Alfredo

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Roasted Duck Tortellini Alfredo  (Read 1578 times)

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
Roasted Duck Tortellini Alfredo
« on: December 23, 2015, 06:10:22 AM »

3 days prior...

64oz water into a 2 gallon container
1/2 cup salt
1 tbsp. black pepper
1 tsp cumin
1 full star anise
1 full bay leaf
1 full onion (quarterd)
3 cloves garlic (crushed but not cut)

Submerge 1 young frozen duckling into brine... let sit at room temperature for 8 hours then move to fridge for the next 40 hours (or so) -- if liquid does not cover the meat simply add more water.

1 day prior....

Remove duckling from brine and pat dry with paper towel.  Place duckling onto a platter, season with garlic salt and pepper and place into fridge for 18-24 hours.

5-6 hours before dinner....

Cut up vegetables of your choice and place in a large casserole dish.  (I have used potatoes, mushrooms, onions, asparagus, carrots, and yellow squash {when in season... zucchini will work here}) and season with salt, pepper and cumin.

Place veggies on bottom rack of 350F oven (make sure this dish is large enough to catch all the drippings from the meat so you don't risk an oven fire), and place the duckling directly on the upper rack above the veggies and let all run for 3-4 hours allowing the duck drippings to be collected by the veggies below.

Approx 30 minutes prior to removing duck and veggies...

(If you are going to bake garlic bread to serve with the meal now is the time to think about how long it will take to bake it)

Bring water to boil for your tortellini (if you are ambitious enough to make fresh you are a saint!) and season it with garlic salt.

now comes the good part.... on medium high heat...

1/2 pound of your favorite bacon, diced into small pieces for rendering.
1 clove of finely diced garlic
1 roma tomato, seeds in, finely diced
1 small white onion finely chopped

once the bacon nears rendering out (you want cooked bacon not Bac-Os) fat add 1/2 stick of REAL BUTTER and 2 Tbsp of parmesan cheese to skillet

Wait 2 minutes and then add 1 cup of heavy cream and mix all ingredients. Reduce heat to medium. NOTE... if mixture seems heavy add a bit more cream.

Separate the desired meat from your duckling (use the rest for a soup or leftovers) and add to skillet and reduce heat to medium.

(When your tortellini is done remove and drain)

Allow skillet ingredients to cook together on medium heat for 5-7 minutes.

Place tortellini back into original pot and add 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese and 1 TBsp of parmesan cheese without returning it to heat.

Add contents of skillet to tortellini and mix well.

Season with oregano and basil as your taste desires.

Serve Hot with your favorite garlic bread, the cooked veggies, and a salad for a full and spectacular meal!

ENJOY!

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Roasted Duck Tortellini Alfredo
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 07:32:17 AM »

The brine sounds like an interesting combination for duck, I may come back and try this one.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 11:54:49 AM »

I've never had luck making - but enjoy eating duck done properly!

Getting ready to fire up the smoker for some ribs to snack on for the holidays
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 07:54:38 AM »

The brine sounds like an interesting combination for duck, I may come back and try this one.

You have to brine it first (the 3 days out part)... once I started brining (soaking) I have never produced a poor bird (domestic or wild game).  We are into big game season now so I am working those recipes and do not have birds to play with, the duck recipe is solid and you can get frozen ducklings at any reputable food market.  If you cannot find them in Monroe, call Jerry's Meat Market in Tecumseh and ask if they have any in the freezer (last I saw... plenty), then slide down the street and see me for a beer in the garage.

Anything outside of the recipe or directions just PM me... (I'm paying attention again cuz I miss Ya'll)

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2015, 08:07:36 AM »

Yea.....we brine some of our fowl as well, turkey every year for Thanksgiving.

Miss you too man.......I always enjoyed watching your discussions with FF and the Testicle Festival comments.

Hope all is well with you and yours!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1]   Go Up