MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > What did you see out your window today ?

Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]   Go Down

Author Topic: What did you see out your window today ?  (Read 98698 times)

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
Re: What did you see out your window today ?
« Reply #2460 on: May 05, 2016, 10:11:12 AM »

I'd think you would go for a fifth wheeler to haul with your pickup.  My Dad had a 34' Carriage back when they were first putting slideouts on them.  Had all the room they needed and they traveled most of the country in it.

Sorry, I never seen the original post.  I have a class C. B's were too small and A's were too big!  I feel like Goldilocks! :)  Although mine says it sleeps 6, I changed the over the cab bed into my closet, I keep my table always in the upright position, and I sleep on the queen bed in the bedroom in the back.  I really love living in it.  It is just the right size for one!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2461 on: May 05, 2016, 11:16:44 AM »

Women do seem to require a lot of closet space..

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #2462 on: May 05, 2016, 01:04:29 PM »

Sorry, I never seen the original post.  I have a class C. B's were too small and A's were too big!  I feel like Goldilocks! :)  Although mine says it sleeps 6, I changed the over the cab bed into my closet, I keep my table always in the upright position, and I sleep on the queen bed in the bedroom in the back.  I really love living in it.  It is just the right size for one!

While we were in Florida we saw a pretty nice unit even though it was 20+ years old.

An all aluminum class A body on a Chevrolet chassis with a 454.  I didn't look but guessing it was a front mounted engine.  It was only 20-22 feet long and the main queen sized bed drops down from the ceiling which eliminates a bedroom and gives a little more room in the bath-shower.  We got to talking to the owner because of the very neat mural that is painted on the back.  He was very proud of it and the care it has been shown shows.
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

eriemermaid

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2463 on: May 05, 2016, 01:46:27 PM »

There are so many people who take great care of their homes on wheels.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2464 on: May 05, 2016, 01:52:31 PM »

I just saw my wrens for the first time this year.  Doing some nest maintenance. Last year I had 3 sets.  Put out 2 more houses this yr so I'll see if more off spring come back..I had to plug the hole down to 1" to keep the sparrows out. Don't know if wrens will think it's large hole and stay out

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2465 on: May 05, 2016, 04:29:21 PM »

The construction saga continues. Dodging construction trucks...
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2466 on: May 06, 2016, 09:04:33 AM »

There are so many people who take great care of their homes on wheels.

This one looked like it would have been ahead of it's time when it was new but it had really been well taken care of.  I've got pictures of the mural on the back which is what actually caught my eye first.  After we stopped and got to talking to the owner I saw that it had Ohio plates on it and after we got to talking the guy is originally from Toledo and has done a lot of work right up through this area over the years. 

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2467 on: May 06, 2016, 09:09:29 AM »

Sunshine and a big fat squirrel taunting the dogs!!!  I'm not sure who has more fun with this 'game'...

the dogs or the squirrels!!!

The yard is starting to come into it.  I had to get the sweeper out and spend a couple of days picking up the clumps that were left from a couple of mowings.  Got to do some trimming around the edges now.  My wife has been busy working on a couple of her gardens and we're trying to figure out what we can do out on the front corners of the yard.

My wife just came in from letting a dog out and she says the tulips are coming out!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2468 on: May 06, 2016, 01:16:43 PM »

Racing the Rains... got more planting to do and some beds along the buildings to weed.   
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2469 on: May 10, 2016, 07:09:28 AM »

Seagulls in the field across the road...   

Lake Erie must have a lot of wind this morning.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2470 on: May 30, 2016, 09:24:45 PM »

We saw the Direct TV Airship (blimp) fly right overhead on it's way from Indianapolis to Detroit.  It has a 30'x70' LED monitor built into one side of it that is the largest monitor in the world.

Here it is taking off at Tampa Executive Airport.

DirectTV Blimp at Tampa Executive Airp

Here's the huge LED display:

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2471 on: May 30, 2016, 09:34:05 PM »

I saw the Blimp as well, but it was already north of Erie where we went this afternoon - so I couldn't read the "side" other than I knew it wasn't a goodyear.   I thought it was the Met Life (if those are still flying)
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2472 on: May 30, 2016, 11:02:26 PM »

I saw the Blimp as well, but it was already north of Erie where we went this afternoon - so I couldn't read the "side" other than I knew it wasn't a goodyear.   I thought it was the Met Life (if those are still flying)

If it was 'Meth Life' it would belong in Lenawee County....

My evening was filled with coons eating cat food on the back deck and me chasing them blazing away.  You'd think they would get smart.  Must be Democrats.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #2473 on: May 31, 2016, 08:13:32 PM »

I saw kayakers, canoers, adults and kids fishing, and just enjoying the peacefulness of the evening view.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2474 on: June 01, 2016, 07:51:08 AM »

I saw crops growing - golfers and some happy kids on a electric quad runner from 1994 that works with new batteries...
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165]   Go Up