MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Religion & Philosophy > Church to ‘delinquent’ member: Pay dues or face removal from roll

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Church to ‘delinquent’ member: Pay dues or face removal from roll  (Read 1356 times)

Mayonnaise

• Hero Talker
    • Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History

I've been seeing this on Facebook quite often and on some news outlets.
Now I'm not a religious person, I don't have an established religion belief but I still respect what a person believes or don't believe but... This is total B.S.! But I guess it's business as usual.

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/local/church-to-delinquent-member-pay-dues-or-face-remov/nmzpj/
Monroe County Michigan Lost & Forgotten History
http://monroelosthistory.wordpress.com/

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

The main reason I don't go to church....  Besides, God is all around us, not just in Church.

You go to mass or whatever, you get the sermon and the message and then they pass the plate..  IOW, you get to pay for what you listen to.

I don't play that crap.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker

Gotta remember this was Florida - also home to the Scientologist "church"...   another church that is all about the $$ and control of others.

In my experience,  the member rolls of churches are often the basis for their "Dues" to various things involved with the church...   it's like a per-capita tax... 

So keeping members on the role that don't attend - but haven't officially transferred their membership to another church are likely what you may see around here and the more traditional churches.
They don't like it but generally let it go.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: [1]   Go Up