MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > old quarry

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: old quarry  (Read 2103 times)

angrybmxer6

• Super Talker
old quarry
« on: August 01, 2007, 10:53:14 PM »

i have just been really interested in the history of the quarry behind heck park. but yah its a great place to swim and it needs to be cleaned and opend for a place to swim, i was recently kicked out and almost ticketed for swimming near the R/R tracks.

any input in here?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:33:45 PM by angrybmxer6 »
"When others are oppressed, no one is truly free."
-Albert Einstein

bmx_is_not_a_crime

• New Talker
Re: old quarry
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 11:19:54 PM »

It is a fun place to swim and hang.
Even tho i cant swim  :o
i would like to hear about this also, i dont know much of it.

angrybmxer6

• Super Talker
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 12:22:55 AM »

no one? how bout any stories?
-Albert Einstein

MomEm

• Hero Talker
    • moms monroe
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2007, 12:28:06 AM »

All I know is that by the mid nineties, they were very consistent with kicking people out of there, swimmers and fisherman alike.  It was a fun place to swim, with just a tad bit of illegal activity!

;)

MomEm

Farmer.Ted

• Hero Talker
  • I will try to be good. For a minute!
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2007, 02:04:07 PM »

AngryBMXer....
I am starting to conclude that you have problems with rules and/or authority.
Although I can respect that in someone your age do yourself a favor and stop broadcasting these gripes in an adult dominated newspaper forum.  Save it for the myspace blogs or other forums the young people are using.  Rag on things that are not against the law here and we will all be cool.  Trespassing is trespassing no matter how you slice it.. just ask the person with the million dollar moccasins with the bone in it... .gross!

annie62002

• New Talker
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2007, 02:13:01 PM »

i just went swimming back there yesterday and  it was great...
i was back there a few weeks back and the police were out there towing a car and they said they didnt care we were there as long as we didnt park our cars back there or were doing anything illegal..i wouldnt take kids back there cause there is alot of rocks and stuff...

angrybmxer6

• Super Talker
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2007, 09:33:24 PM »

AngryBMXer....
I am starting to conclude that you have problems with rules and/or authority.
Although I can respect that in someone your age do yourself a favor and stop broadcasting these gripes in an adult dominated newspaper forum.  Save it for the myspace blogs or other forums the young people are using.  Rag on things that are not against the law here and we will all be cool.  Trespassing is trespassing no matter how you slice it.. just ask the person with the million dollar moccasins with the bone in it... .gross!

all i was asking was if anyone knew anything about it, i think its a cool place and i wanna know the history.
the skatepark thing is totally diffrent and is a law that shouldnt be that i am trying to shed light on, u kno what i learn in school? stand up for what you believe in. i believe in this and i am going to do all i can to change it. all this thread about is history
« Last Edit: August 02, 2007, 09:36:08 PM by angrybmxer6 »
-Albert Einstein

SPOOKYTOOTH

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 03:14:46 PM »

Hey, just so you know, there was quite a bit of dumping out there bout ten or so years ago. A lot of dead birds and really cool yellow/green color to the water (like antifreeze). I see its blue again now, but remember, just cause it looks clear and clean doesn't mean it is...
Pages: [1]   Go Up