MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Can someone tell me if there is a way...

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Can someone tell me if there is a way...  (Read 3054 times)

TPoKE

Can someone tell me if there is a way...
« on: August 18, 2007, 12:02:12 AM »

To put other memebers on IGNORE!

and if there is no way to do that...could the tech squad of MEN get that set up as soon as possible please! ::)

Ördög

• Hero Talker
  • Az ördög cimborája
Re: Can someone tell me if there is a way...
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2007, 12:07:08 AM »

If you're talking about personal messages just click profile at the top of the screen, then click on personal message settings and there is an ignore list. If you're talking about posts in a thread I can't help you.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?

TPoKE

« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2007, 12:09:43 AM »

If you're talking about personal messages just click profile at the top of the screen, then click on personal message settings and there is an ignore list. If you're talking about posts in a thread I can't help you.

thank you...but I am talking about being able to ignore specific members posts automatically.

Ördög

• Hero Talker
  • Az ördög cimborája
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2007, 12:15:27 AM »

I don't think you can ignore a post...unless you just don't read it. That would seem pretty effective.
As a species we're fundamentally insane. Put more than two of us in a room, we pick sides and start dreaming up ways to kill one another. Why do you think we invented politics and religion?

TPoKE

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2007, 12:18:44 AM »

I don't think you can ignore a post...unless you just don't read it. That would seem pretty effective.

Yu could if the system was set for it...I have been on several message boards that have this function so maybe this one just doesnt have it. I can be very effective on my own...thank you for the suggestion, but I was looking for convenience in this case.

ladyjane

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2007, 12:28:20 AM »

TPoK,

Are you mad at MonroeMom or Ms Sporty?

Curious to know if you are male or female.

If you don't like someone, the best thing to do is probably not read the posts. It would be hard for me to do.

caspar

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 11:26:44 AM »

I am sure that I have more...but thats what just ran through my head....and I have 22 years of still loving him like its the first day and still going strong as my podium to stand on.

Lady jane,
According to Tpokes posts she is a female, whatever weight the post holds.

Sounds like Tpoke wants people to feel sorry for her. Don't start becoming too much of a bleeding heart for Tpoke. She dishes it out just as much as anyone else. She likes to have the upper hand and when things don't go her way or is proved wrong, that is when she starts becoming defensive and mean in her replies and then plays them off as jokes.

Apparently MonroeMom thought Tpokes post was a little sick, goofy, or whatever and sarcastically called her Beavis or Butthead in the Well, Well, Well thread. Tpoke, I disagree with Ms. Sporty. I don't think you are a whiny butthead. I think you are more of a mean whiny butthead, on this forum anyways.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2007, 11:52:29 AM by caspar »

no one gets my name right anyway

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 11:28:04 AM »

To put other memebers on IGNORE!

and if there is no way to do that...could the tech squad of MEN get that set up as soon as possible please! ::)

Sounds like you don't mind getting biased information then.  Just try to be objective and take eveything with a grain of salt.  You get what you put in, we all know that here.

TPoKE

« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2007, 12:34:00 PM »

TPoK,

Are you mad at MonroeMom or Ms Sporty?

Curious to know if you are male or female.

If you don't like someone, the best thing to do is probably not read the posts. It would be hard for me to do.

I am not mad at anyone. This is a message board...I am a realist... It would serve no purpose to be mad. People can be annoying.

The problem all of you dont get is...I dont insult people so I expect the same in return...what in sam hell is so wrong about that? I practice "Do unto others as ...." even though this is a message board..whiny, defensive, bleeding heart, mean, Beavis or Butthead are all your own personal opinions of who I am...and none of you know me, because if you did those would not be words that you would use to discribe my character. I dont play games like that which goes on on this board with the name calling. Yes, I can go back and forth on an issue with my view of it and I can take what any one says in opposition or otherwise to my view, but I never call anyone names. I may even come off as pushing my view (its not intentional)...but I dont call names. So since you all seem to know me and my character so well, I dont understand why you dont know this too.

And least of all Ladyjane, looking for sympathy or for someone to feel sorry for me is absolutely not me...rest assured I really could care less about how someone feels about what I say or want to do on this board...I asked for a way to ignore posters for that reason, so I have the control of whose post I read but with convenience, because yes, I can just over look a particular posters comments alltogether on my own, but I would like the convenience of it being done automatically. So to you that makes me whiny...to me thats just exercising my right to do so. I never said who I would ignore and the two mentioned simple inspired my thought to ask if it was availabale....and even that doesnt mean that they are the ones I would ignore. Actually they post interesting things that I dont mind reading...sometimes. ::)

no one gets my name right anyway
I seem to be getting a tad bit more than what I put in.

Crysti

• Active Talker
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2007, 02:30:50 PM »

Tpoke: It is hard to do, but I left monroetalks for a week and told myself I wasn't going to log on for awhile. I even removed my name from the forums (through MEN). I felt attacked in the same manner you do by the SOME of the same group of people. (They think they are being FUNNY  ???) I was called names and people took my posts out of context, without knowing me and attacked. (That statement may be offensive to some people, but it is true). I felt that I had much more important things to do than to take that kind of abuse from anyone. (Most people say that they are being humorous or funny, but it is really mean spirited, especially if you are on the receiving end of it). It was not fun anymore.

I came back after someone posted a "show crysti the love too" thread. I didn't even know about it until it was mentioned to me. So, I came back. I lurk more than I respond. I feel that if I try to voice my opinion in an honest fashion, people either discount it or don't appreciate it and then they attack. It is actually quite scary! People don't realize how vicious they can be. So, instead of posting a dishonest approach to some of the questions that have to do with politics, religion, sports and law, I just don't bother with it because a lot of people have a problem accepting others' opinion if it doesn't match their own.

I wasn't having any fun. I still don't think it is that much fun. There are so many other sites with conversation forums on there that are fun and respectful, which I visit. A lot of people on monroetalks are angry or looking for an argument or finding someone to pick on. I am not sure why it is so popular to treat another forum friend like that. It reminds me of picking on the weak kid on the playground. I am not sure about you but I've grown out of that. I don't treat people that way, whether I know them or not.

My suggestion to you would be to do the same. Leave it for a while. Lurk and see how people try to get people involved in their pettyness. I promise you, if you come back, you will see it differently. In the meantime, go to discussions that you find interesting, if the same people keep it up, ignore them and move on and, like on the playground, they eventually will get tired of attacking you and move on to someone else.

MonroeMom

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2007, 02:45:14 PM »

I sure hope I don't have a reputation of being a bully. I just like to laugh and have fun. (Just don't bully me--I can go from zero to b*tch in a hurry!! I'm an Italian Scorpio--double whammy!!) :o

I've noticed that a lot of people on here, myself included, seem to have the same sort of snarky, sarcastic sense of humor. Sort of like Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert. We tend to like South Park, Family Guy, Beavis and Butthead, and other tasteless comedy. I treat people as if they have the same sense of humor, hoping they do, and that we can share a laugh. Of course, not everyone does, so misunderstandings happen.

Then there are just plain old mean people. Like the bumper sticker says, Mean People Suck.  >:(

TPoKE

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2007, 03:47:41 PM »

MonroeMom, I believe that you are not being intentionally mean...but it does come off as such. Like I said its hard to insert an emotion to someones words so its easy to not understand the nature of the postings.

Your sense of humor is not what most folks are use to apparently. Oh well! I have a friend like that...people look at her with a "what planet did she come from look?" all the time Haha! But you might wanna add a lot of smileys and "Haha's" with your funnies...that way at least we will know that it was funny to you, even if we dont get it. ::)

crysti,

I knew from the very first day that I signed up for this that it was not going to be a nice place to live...but alright to visit sometimes. I dont spend a lot of time here and like you, I enjoy other message boards that are more to my style and I dont worry about attacks on my character in them, but I am not easliy run off. Like your bully statement, they may be doing just that without even realizing it...but I was always the one that stood up to them and made them leave me or others alone. No sense in changing that, I just learned a better way to fight back.

I'm not interested in being shown love or having anyone feel sorry for me or making friends with anyone...I come in here to see whats on the minds of monroe residents and comment on subjects that catch my attention, but I find myself not responding to much because I am too old for the hassle that my opinion will bring sometimes in here. Instead of taking a post for what its worth....how much is an opinion worth these days anyway? some people will jump to conclusions and attack your view with insults...but they say I do that myself, I dont think so but I wont dismiss the idea that they may be right, all I can say is I dont intend to offend anyone.

But...I hope...its all water under the bridge, as far as I am concerned it is anyway. But I thank you for posting, it let me know that I wasnt the only one thinking the same thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up