MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > IKO PLant on West Elm

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: IKO PLant on West Elm  (Read 6169 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: IKO PLant on West Elm
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:19 AM »

So you’re in favor of the brine injection wells out in your area now?

Brine injection wells have nothing to do with industrial employment and everything to do with underground water sources.  Besides, the company already has locations where there are certified injection wells available, noteably Moscow, Michigan where there is no Karst strata.

I like your pink herring comment.  Typical from you.

In as much as I do not know how the IKO plant was zoned (I presume industrial), the whiners caused it to leave....

Get your groundwork straight before making asinine comments.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2015, 11:56:14 AM »

Maybe if they would have just put the IKO plant down the river by the sewage plant the combined 'odor' would have smelled like bananas or peaches 8* 8* 8*

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2015, 04:25:00 PM »

Brine injection wells have nothing to do with industrial employment and everything to do with underground water sources.  Besides, the company already has locations where there are certified injection wells available, noteably Moscow, Michigan where there is no Karst strata.

I like your pink herring comment.  Typical from you.

In as much as I do not know how the IKO plant was zoned (I presume industrial), the whiners caused it to leave....

Get your groundwork straight before making asinine comments.
Not surprised that you've failed to realize the hypocrisy.
Thats the key phrase...'Someone else's back yard'   All roofing plants stink, it's the nature of the business.  Drive out the Ohio Turnpike east past the Route 250 exit and take a whiff.  The Certainteed plant on the north side of the pike stinks too.

No one wants any detractions in their backyard so they run out the industry and then complain of unemployment and lost wages.....  Go figure, a nation of whiners.  I rest my case.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2015, 05:03:11 PM »

Turns out that a lot of brands have defective shingles:

http://talk.roofing.com/t/which-roof-shingles-are-better-certainteed-gaf-or-owens-c/8676

http://www.researchroofing.com/shingle-reviews-gaf-owens-corning-certainteed-malarkey-tamko/

I think I take another look at a standing seam metal roof.

That is, if they're allowed around here.

Hell they even require that trees and bushes be a minimum of 24" and that they require 'em to be nursery grown.
I believe the zoning ordinance needs to modified.
It was created in 2004...by morons I assume.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2015, 08:04:34 PM »

Not surprised that you've failed to realize the hypocrisy.

No hypocrisy at all.  Two entirely different things, but then to you everything is a hypocrisy.  Get a life for crisake...

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2015, 08:26:57 PM »

Half of your shingle problems come from the way your roof was prepped and the craftsmanship of the installer.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2015, 12:58:00 AM »

Got Metal roofs that are over 100 years old and still going...    just needs a little paint from time to time.     

The Amish to a great job installing those if you need...   They finished my neighbors barn in a day. 
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #22 on: August 01, 2015, 01:41:59 AM »

I've installed many standing seam panels on new commercial buildings so I guess a house can't be much different.

I installed the crappy IKO shingles around '98 and they look horrible.

I lucked out when I had to roll out the entire roof in ice & water shield...the wind was powerful that day.

So at least nothing is leaking..yet.

Considering the issues I'm having with the building officials...I may just sell the house as it is and let someone else deal with the idiocy.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:49 AM »

I've installed many standing seam panels on new commercial buildings so I guess a house can't be much different.

I installed the crappy IKO shingles around '98 and they look horrible.

I lucked out when I had to roll out the entire roof in ice & water shield...the wind was powerful that day.

So at least nothing is leaking..yet.

Considering the issues I'm having with the building officials...I may just sell the house as it is and let someone else deal with the idiocy.

You are leaving?  You won't be missed.  Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.............. ;D

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: August 01, 2015, 11:41:07 AM »

You are leaving?  You won't be missed.  Don't let the door hit you in the arse on the way out.............. ;D
Thinking about becoming your neighbor.  ;D

So my presence on this site will continue.

I'd much rather head out toward Haslett, East Lansing, or Okemos.

They have top level public schools and I'd have no reason to waste my time on this forum...so if you want me gone...take up a collection or set up a go-fund-me account for the down payment.

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2015, 11:50:07 AM »

All three are very nice - Okemos is more expensive, Haslett is much more small town and East Lansing has everything.

But I am not make a contribution.   ;D
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #26 on: August 01, 2015, 12:04:01 PM »

All three are very nice - Okemos is more expensive, Haslett is much more small town and East Lansing has everything.

Well all I can say is howdy neighbor.  :D

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #27 on: August 01, 2015, 01:36:44 PM »

Thinking about becoming your neighbor.  ;D

I think I'd have to buy some adjacent property facing your places, yet far enough away to have to follow the trickery that would go on between you two.

I want that to be my retirement property so I can sit on a couch on my front porch and ripped and watch you two.

Well Flip, there are your retirement marching orders!  I don't think you would have liked those places anyway....to far from Ohio.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

CatLady

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: August 01, 2015, 02:28:14 PM »

Between the two of you, the real estate market is looking up out in the boonies!
I'm trying to like people but it's hard to get past the STUPID ones!

“I've never had a humble opinion in my life. If you're going to have one, why bother to be humble about it?”
Joan Baez

Life's tough......It's even tougher if you're stupid.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: August 01, 2015, 05:41:47 PM »

Fry,  If you want to move out here, you might find me to be a lot different than I 'appear' on this site and barring the shitte we throw back and forth (on here) it might be interesting.  You cannot live next door however, because I own 'next door' and it's not available to anyone.  Your closest choice would be 'down the road' a ways and even then I don't know of any place for rent.

If you lived within a mile of here, you'd hear us out back discharging high powered rifles on the weekends, in fact, I just got in from a shooting session.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up