MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Science & Technology > Safe driving system for cell phones (looks great for teen drivers).

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Safe driving system for cell phones (looks great for teen drivers).  (Read 843 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Unfortunately it's still a little on the pricey side...   but still way cheaper than a crash and a stay in the hospital (or worse).  And at this point it looks like they only have it for Android based phones.  As with most technology like this I'm sure it's evolving every day.  If this outfit doesn't have one for an Iphone someone will have one soon. 

The key is the transmitter that plugs into the OBD2 plug under the dash.  If the driver decides to 'unplug' then the app sends a notification to Mom or Dad!!! 

I wasn't looking for this but stumbled across it while I was looking for something else for my own cell phone.  I know we had a short discussion on something along this line probably a couple of years ago.

http://www.scosche.com/cellcontrol-safe-driving-system-for-cell-phones
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up