MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Politics and sex

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37   Go Down

Author Topic: Politics and sex  (Read 37724 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Politics and sex
« Reply #30 on: August 14, 2015, 02:36:27 PM »

All the hoopla over just 'getting it wet'.....  I'll be flabergasted...
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Gamrat’s words, audio don’t match
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2015, 08:41:20 AM »

At this point she's not going to resign... 

will be interesting to see now just how long this will stay in the news?

There were definitely some crocodile tears but some of what she said in her 'apology' doesn't seem to match up with information (and recordings) already released :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/politics/2015/08/14/cindy-gamrat/31709573/
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2015, 08:47:57 AM »

All the hoopla over just 'getting it wet'.....  I'll be flabergasted...

I haven't heard or seen but a few people that are upset at 'the act' itself but rather the very irony of how both of them have ridden their 'holier than thou' attitude to where they are now! 

They video recorded it?

I wouldn't be a bit surprised to see some pictures or video show up at some point.  Someone at the Radisson must have figured out at some point what 'might' have been going on.  It wouldn't be the first time an innovative hotel clerk figured out how to bug a room and then send the unsuspecting 'honeymooners' to that room ;) ;) ;)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2015, 08:54:20 AM »

Looks like both of them refusing to resign may work out for them at least in the short run.  It's more difficult to recall a state legislator than it used to be.  The question then becomes will the voters in their district remember all this at the next election?

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/08/former_courser_supporter_consi.html#incart_river

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2015, 09:15:40 AM »

I'm not sure they should have to resign..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2015, 09:21:52 AM »

I'm not sure they should have to resign..

Why should they not?  They breached their tennets of office, compromised their marriages and displayed complete lack of character, excuse me, typical political correctness....

On the other hand, if that conduct is acceptable, the Radisson may pick up a lot more business and/or the parking structure adjacent to the capitol may become a 'no-tell motel' for backseat action...... ;D

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2015, 10:13:37 AM »

Sounds like a lot of her cohorts weren't impressed with her 'words'...

I'm afraid that in this case her 'actions' far outweigh her 'apology'!!!

State Sen. Tonya Schuitmaker, whose Senate district includes Allegan County, issued a sharply worded statement after Gamrat's press conference in which she called for her fellow Republican to resign.

"I agree that everyone deserves forgiveness, but this isn't about forgiveness. This is about her ability to effectively do her job. And when you've lost the support of even your biggest supporters, it's time to step down," Schuitmaker said.

"As long as Cindy and Todd remain in office they will be distractions from the real issues facing Michigan. Legislators should be fixing problems, not providing fodder for late-night talks show hosts," Schuitmaker said. "The soap opera has gotten too big, and as long as they remain in office the focus will be on them, not the issues."

State Sen. Margaret O'Brien, a Republican who represents Kalamazoo County, sounded a similar theme Friday.

"There's a lot of relationships that need repairing," O'Brien said about Gamrat. "Her relationship with her family. She needs to repair her relationship with her colleagues. She also needs to repair her relationships with her constituents back home.

"If she stays in office, how she is going to earn back that trust?"

More at:

http://www.mlive.com/news/kalamazoo/index.ssf/2015/08/garmat_apology_doesnt_sway_man.html

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2015, 01:35:18 PM »

This is new...   

dated today...

maybe we'll finally get some real answers!!!

The third aide, Josh Cline, quit in April and plans a Monday news conference to tell the "inside story" of working for both lawmakers.

From:  http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2015/0815/Cindy-Gamrat-apologizes-for-affair-but-won-t-quit-Michigan-legislature

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #39 on: August 15, 2015, 02:38:35 PM »

Will the REAL answer please stand up....

The real answer is both need to voluntarily resign.  In an already dysfunctional statehouse, we don't need more drama....

Cindy's husband is a woose.  I'd have tossed her out immediately.  She violated the sanctity of marriage.

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #40 on: August 15, 2015, 03:03:09 PM »

This is why I say " Vote for Ron Jeremy. You know you are going to get screwed, it may as well be by a pro. "
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: August 15, 2015, 04:42:54 PM »

Why should they not?  They breached their tennets of office, compromised their marriages and displayed complete lack of character, excuse me, typical political correctness....

On the other hand, if that conduct is acceptable, the Radisson may pick up a lot more business and/or the parking structure adjacent to the capitol may become a 'no-tell motel' for backseat action...... ;D
And who doesn't think this goes on more often than not in Political Life?

After all we know Presidents have... 

The real question is did they break any laws?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: August 15, 2015, 06:50:02 PM »

And who doesn't think this goes on more often than not in Political Life?

After all we know Presidents have... 

The real question is did they break any laws?

Huh?

They ran and were elected on the tea party branding of super morality and more Christian than anyone.  They used that supposed superiority to legislate morality on others.

They had a how long affair, clearly not just recent.  They were fine with it until they got caught.  They are upset they got caught.  But, don't you worry none, they are still too good to give up the job.

Yes, Presidents have, some no one said a thing, others impeached over a bj and STILL claim it is worse than these two tea party creeps.
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2015, 08:52:25 AM »

If there's one kind of story the international tabloids love it's one with sex in it...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3198522/Embattled-Michigan-lawmaker-says-wont-quit-affair.html

Interesting the nasty comments one gets when they leave their campaign website online for months after the election!!!

http://www.cindygamrat.com/volunteer

Courser's latest 'words'... 

I think he may have some other issues :-\ :-\ :-\

http://www.mlive.com/lansing-news/index.ssf/2015/08/embattled_rep_todd_courser_tal.html#incart_2box_

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2015, 09:24:03 AM »

I still think it's much to do about nothing........a couple of adults gettin' it on that just happen to be politicians.  Not as if the generalization of all politicians screwing the constituency is acceptable and therefore get reelected, in this case they are just screwing each other.

They all lie when campaigning, they continue to lie once elected, they misrepresent their moral character (which I could care less about), and do a little headboard banging at a local hotel......big deal.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 37   Go Up