MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Am Searching for good butcher shop

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Am Searching for good butcher shop  (Read 2958 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Am Searching for good butcher shop
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2015, 09:54:25 PM »

Kilgas Meats is a GREAT German meat shop.  I love going there to get Weiswurst, Garlic Knockers and the natural casing wieners!  Yesterday they were having a Kielbasa sale, $3.99 a pound. They also have German breads that are out of this world! They are located at 3346 Laskey.

Here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Kilgus-Meats-77332168962/timeline/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

sammy

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2015, 10:08:01 PM »

Here's their Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/Kilgus-Meats-77332168962/timeline/
They are great. In all this discussion, I was trying to think of their name. We went there many times when we lived in the area.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2015, 10:14:09 PM »

And then there is Stanley's on Lagrange st.  Best kielbasa around.
Lines out the door and down the street over holidays

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2015, 08:58:00 AM »

I've used Dunbar as well, and i think they offer 1/4's of beef ---  that would fit in most medium freezers if you have a separate freezer.    If they don't have any they could let you know if someone is looking to sell when they butcher. 
If you were to speak with a shop like Danny's and ask if you bought in quantity - what they could do as well.    Family owned allows for more freedom-   haven't tried - but its worth a shot. 
There are several house of meats in Toledo - one on Alexis near Talmadge if you happened to be in that area...   they do have nice specials from time to time.

We used to go up to Dunbar's pretty regularly.  They would pick up the 4-H auction stock right at the fair and process it.  Then the last couple of times we bought birds they wouldn't do them anymore so we had to pick them up ourselves and ended up taking them to a place over just north of beautiful downtown Ottawa Lake off Memorial Highway.  I believe all they did was birds and small animals though...   no large critters.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up