MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Pets > Dog Stories

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: Dog Stories  (Read 27846 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Dog Stories
« Reply #90 on: May 25, 2016, 05:56:56 PM »

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/britains-loneliest-dog-poor-pooch-8045808

What a poor pooch!

6 years and no takers.  18,000 rejections.

I hope the article generates a home.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #91 on: May 25, 2016, 06:10:42 PM »

This seems fair.

15 people want this Heroin addicted clown, but 18,000 people passed on the last dog.

ORANGE (CBSLA.com) — Bubba is back, running, playing and getting belly rubs after detoxing from drugs at OC Animal Care.

Police found Bubba with his owner in a Tustin motel room in March. Test showed the terrier mix was high on heroin and methamphetamine.

Officers arrested Joshua West for drug possession and animal cruelty.

“I would say looking at his video today, his prognosis is excellent. I think if he can avoid being exposed to addition drugs in the future with his new forever home, things will be perfectly fine,” said veterinarian Matthew Wheaton at the Alicia Pet Care Center in Orange. “If the dog was truly ingesting these things in relatively large quantities, I think he would probably be more than just lethargic.”

“It’s hard to know because you see the dog now, and he’s doing so great that lethargic for that particular dog might have actually been pretty messed up on drugs,” Wheaton added.

He said as more dog owners use drugs, especially opiates and marijuana, he sees more and more dogs coming into his animal hospital high.

“They’ll go really really high, and then they’ll kind of have that crash. So there might have been a lot of neurologic stimulation going on with the dog that at the end of the day, really short circuited things,” the veterinarian noted.

Five rescue organizations are in line to take care of Bubba.

So far, 15 people have signed up to adopt the dog.

He will be up for adoption as soon as the Orange County District Attorney files charges against his owner.

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2016/05/24/first-look-at-dog-after-detoxing-from-heroin-methamphetamine/
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #92 on: June 07, 2016, 08:15:35 PM »

The very last (known) seach dog from the 911 attacks has died.

Thank you for your service Bretagne!!!

http://nbc24.com/news/nation-world/last-known-living-911-search-dog-dies-in-texas-at-age-16-06-07-2016-105419870

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #93 on: June 18, 2016, 09:14:14 AM »

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2016, 01:44:11 PM »

LOL....funny stuff.  The red lab never moved....just waiting and saying "Throw it near me you moron".
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Dog crashes car into Walmart...
« Reply #96 on: August 02, 2016, 06:46:25 PM »

maybe they quit carrying the dogs favorite food :o :o :o

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/?article=388868772&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter_13abc

Back when the BRD was younger she went everywhere with me and I'd lock the door and leave the AC running to keep her cool...  I knew there were very few people that she would let in the truck...

but she never drove off with the truck either ;) ;) ;)

I remember the '99 Ranger had an electric lockout that you had to put the brake on before you could shift but I don't remember how long before then that they had the lockouts.  Everything with an automatic since then has had one.

At least no one was hurt and the car wasn't too bad off.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2016, 09:41:37 AM »

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #98 on: August 31, 2016, 09:46:28 AM »

I was one of those people that already knew that a dog could understand what we're saying to them!

http://www.freep.com/story/life/2016/08/30/good-boy-dogs-know-what-youre-saying-study-suggests/89585300/

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #99 on: August 31, 2016, 04:10:46 PM »

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #100 on: August 31, 2016, 04:49:07 PM »

Here is a feel good story!

http://www.wxyz.com/news/dog-swims-over-6-miles-walks-12-more-to-find-family

I don't know that the big red dog could survive the 6 mile swim today and I know she couldn't walk 12 miles in one stretch...

might take her a few days but I have no doubt when she was younger she could have and would have done this.  She's spent some time swimming in Lake Erie which is warmer than Lake Michigan this time of year.

I've actually spent some time around Beulah and Frankfort but not while I've had her!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #101 on: September 27, 2016, 08:03:30 PM »

Another Long Distance dog reunion story - made possible by a microchip.

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2016-09-26/story/dog-reunited-jacksonville-woman-after-disappearance-1100-mile-journey

I'd love to know how the dog got from Jacksonville to Boston.....
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #102 on: October 27, 2016, 10:06:30 AM »

A hundred years ago many fire stations had Dalmations to help with the horses...

an now someone has 'discovered' that dogs in the station are a great therapy for firefighters ;) ;) ;)

http://www.13abc.com/content/news/?article=398687531

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #104 on: November 04, 2016, 12:40:00 PM »

Cool story!

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Up