MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Countdown to Thursday... Amazon starts collecting sales tax on purchases...

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Countdown to Thursday... Amazon starts collecting sales tax on purchases...  (Read 5520 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

I just filled out a very long survey from MSU concerning hunting of Feral Swine here in Michigan and a part of the survey asked if I trusted the state government.  You know how I answered that question...

Interestingly, under Michigan law, you can pop a feral pig anytime, anywhere with a CPL, no hunting license needed.  Handgun or long gun.

Maybe if Lansing gets enough revenue stream, they'll upgrade the new office building even more for the dysfunctional legislators....

I have no issue paying sales tax and I collect and report sales tax receipts that I collect on in state sales to the State as well.

My issue is, it's arbitrary.  It's only if the entity has a 'nexus' in the state do they fall under the collection premise.  Thats Amazon and no one else.

If I order online from Cabelas I pay sales tax, same with Wallmart.  I like Amazon for the variety, I've had them approach me to sell my stuff on Amazon but I declined.  I do just fine the way I am.

Maybe they could add a fold out bed in all the offices...

then our 'family values' based legislators wouldn't have to walk over to the Raddy for their hanky panky ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

Hell, Lucas County is at 7%.....  but then the roads are smooth (for the most part).....

It was actually April 1st that the rate changed to 7.25%.

http://www.taxrates.com/blog/2015/02/03/ohio-sales-tax-rate-changes-april-2015/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

It was actually April 1st that the rate changed to 7.25%.

http://www.taxrates.com/blog/2015/02/03/ohio-sales-tax-rate-changes-april-2015/

........Fast approaching the 10% flat tax rate....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

........Fast approaching the 10% flat tax rate....

Only we are talking consumption tax.

They want even more from your income and property.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

If you sit down and pencil it out and include everything thats taxed, we pay about 35% actual tax.  Pretty high price to live in such a screwed up country I'd say.

I know, if you don't like it then leave.....  I don'r want to, I want reform and transparency in  the way we are taxed.

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

If you sit down and pencil it out and include everything thats taxed, we pay about 35% actual tax.  Pretty high price to live in such a screwed up country I'd say.

I know, if you don't like it then leave.....  I don'r want to, I want reform and transparency in  the way we are taxed.

There are certainly some variations based partially on where and 'how' you live.  I've seen some estimates approaching 50% but I've never really even tried to calculate out my own figured.

I came into this world with nothing and at this point it looks like that's the way I'll be going out too ;) ;) ;)

I know a lot of people that seem to think they're going to be taking their money with them though ;D ;D ;D

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Michigan's new "Main Street Fairness" law starts on Oct. 1 and big name online retailers, including Amazon, will start collecting that 6% sales tax.
http://www.freep.com/story/money/personal-finance/susan-tompor/2015/09/29/amazon-sales-tax-michigan-chip-technology-october/73024522/

I believe it's a wise move.

In a small way it levels the playing field.

I always pay the tax on my MI return anyway.

Only an idiot would cheat on their tax returns.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

Michigan's new "Main Street Fairness" law starts on Oct. 1 and big name online retailers, including Amazon, will start collecting that 6% sales tax.
http://www.freep.com/story/money/personal-finance/susan-tompor/2015/09/29/amazon-sales-tax-michigan-chip-technology-october/73024522/

I believe it's a wise move.

In a small way it levels the playing field.

I always pay the tax on my MI return anyway.

Only an idiot would cheat on their tax returns.

So do you claim the standard azz ripping or did you itemize for them?

8*
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

8*

8*

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

8*
8*
The question is on both forms.

By the way you righties make it sound...falsifying your tax returns is quite common.

It should be quite easy to go after those that lie on that question on their tax returns.

The financial incentive on the penalties alone would make the effort worthwhile.

I'd start with those that admit, on forums, that they cheat.

I mean, they're already at a disadvantage...they're stupid.

And they have deep pockets...so I'd call that a can't lose, winning formula for increasing the state coffers.

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Edited to add:

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

........Posted by none other than John Q Citizen, aka: greasy French Fry.  Beyond reproach, at all times honest and forthright, above board in all dealings.....

Gawd, the crap is getting deep isn't it?

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

Posted by the guy who is universally loved by his neighbors, yet has all sorts of bad things happening to his property......

For the record I never said anything about how I file my taxes.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

Posted by the guy who is universally loved by his neighbors, yet has all sorts of bad things happening to his property......

Nor did I.

I'm too the point with the asshat that I don't get at all upset, I just make a comment and go on.  Focker is functionally illeterate anyway.

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

Nor did I.

I'm too the point with the asshat that I don't get at all upset, I just make a comment and go on.  Focker is functionally illeterate anyway.

Technically you should already be paying tax on items purchased out of state on your yearly tax return...although I doubt that many do this
Honestly, do you actually believe anyone would do that?  I don't.  Of course it's a huge revenue stream for the state.......to piss away.....
LOL

Edited to add:

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

LOL

So where did I say anything?

LOL.

WTF.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up