MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Countdown to Thursday... Amazon starts collecting sales tax on purchases...

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Countdown to Thursday... Amazon starts collecting sales tax on purchases...  (Read 5515 times)

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker

So where did I say anything?

LOL.

WTF.
I don't know...but it appears you made an admission of sorts here:

I worked on my taxes yesterday.....

I'm sure everyone remembered to claim all of their use tax on their out of state purchases and internet purchases that didn't have a sales tax at or above 6% - right?  Its not like it isn't the law of Michigan already that we owe tax on all that stuff we buy.  All the treasurer is encouraging is actually COLLECTING what the legislature says is due.

In that regard I would say the Executive Branch and Treasurer are doing their jobs.  They aren't making new laws here - the law already exists - all of that stuff is already taxed - and when you fill out your income tax form you are supposed to declare what it is you owe.

Or did you just check the box that you didn't do any of those things and didn't need to pay?

;)
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker

I don't know...but it appears you made an admission of sorts here:

Not really.

I didn't say a thing about what I did.

I was just commenting on how ludicrous it was.

You really do have no life, you know that?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971

I haven't heard of any glitches on this yet...

or anyone going broke paying their tax ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker

I haven't used Amazon for anything since last month but I assume the Mi State taqx is automatically added at checkout.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up