MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Red Wings

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]   Go Down

Author Topic: Red Wings  (Read 42164 times)

ducksoup

• Hero Talker
Re: Red Wings
« Reply #555 on: January 27, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »

Starting to get healthy, only 7 points out of third place, but only 8 points out of 12th place.

Starting to play better though, and currently in the play-offs. The Olympic break will be great for the Wings.

Anyone think they can make a run to the finals again this season?
Yes, they are improving.  Can they make a play off run.. Well, heck yeah, they are the Red Wings afterall.  Will they do well in the playoffs realistically?  I don't think so.  This isn't a hopeful year.  But, it will be fun stuff anyway.  I am sure I will enjoy some team or other get stuffed... I am sure the crybaby will generate some....
After one taste, you'll duck soup the rest of your life ... Groucho Marx.

aquaman

• Elite Talker
« Reply #556 on: January 27, 2010, 10:50:58 PM »

Starting to get healthy, only 7 points out of third place, but only 8 points out of 12th place.

Starting to play better though, and currently in the play-offs. The Olympic break will be great for the Wings.

Anyone think they can make a run to the finals again this season?
Minor thing. They are 7 points out of 4th, but not third 1-3 are reserved for division winners, but of course they will make the playoffs and be a threat to make a run because it will be tough to win 4 of 7 against a team with as much playoff experience as they have. Plus they will be even better with all these players getting valuable playing time like abdelkader, helm, and miller. If anything all these injuries put them in a better spot for this year and years to come.

Billy

• Hero Talker
  • Don't let the smooth taste fool ya!
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2010, 12:57:08 PM »

I think Chicago beats us this year if we meet again.

Tiny

• Hero Talker
  • Aw...Nuts
« Reply #558 on: March 29, 2016, 12:28:41 AM »

Hockey legend, Gordie Howe celebrated his 88th birthday at the Red Wings game but doesn't look like he's in very good shape, kinda sad.

https://www.facebook.com/DETROITREDWINGS/videos/10153690832454139/
Women should be obscene and not heard.

Ham Radio...the original social network.

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
« Reply #559 on: March 29, 2016, 12:13:03 PM »

Gordie was on death's door a while back, so the fact that he was celebrating his birthday was a good thing.
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #560 on: March 29, 2016, 07:49:07 PM »

Wonder why Aquaman can use that picture?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38]   Go Up