MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Science & Technology > Spy Cam - Spycup

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Spy Cam - Spycup  (Read 4579 times)

arpydave

• Hero Talker
Re: Spy Cam - Spycup
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 10:29:41 AM »

Not sure how it works for residences, but for commercial alarm monitoring it kind of add lag in response going through the alarm company. My younger son did closing and restocking into the late night at a Party Store. I bet many of the false calls, not weather related go down similar to what I describe. It's borne out by the store local to me, who sometimes have the door to stockroom propped open for stocking and delivery purposes. A note on the back of the door telling workers how to proceed if they trip the alarm by mistake.

Son would believe he was finished, set the alarm and exit, realized he had forgot "something" and re-entered, focused on what he forgot and not thinking of the alarm. Alarm co. would do a call in to confirm if the alarm was valid. He would answer phone, confirm the mistake with the password/code to authenticate. Alarm co. then would not call in the Calvary.

AT&T tries to bundle you a home monitoring package with your cable, as does Cox Communication, likely similar to ADT. Today's tech makes it easier for a DIY along the lines I described in a previous reply. So long as you don't muck up the install and do your homework for reliable equipt. very few false alarms, my motion activated cam notifies me via an app while I'm in class and I confirm visually and call 911.

I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2015, 11:01:16 AM »

Years ago, working in a bank (in Cleveland), I was always acutely aware of the cameras watching.  Today, every business establishment has cameras watching, my employer is no exception.  They have cameras everywhere.  Don't scratch your balls....  Someone is watching.  I know who the someone is in that case.  Our IT department.

I bet they get some interesting feeds.....
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2015, 12:10:29 PM »

Years ago, working in a bank (in Cleveland), I was always acutely aware of the cameras watching.  Today, every business establishment has cameras watching, my employer is no exception.  They have cameras everywhere.  Don't scratch your balls....  Someone is watching.  I know who the someone is in that case.  Our IT department.

I bet they get some interesting feeds.....

My wife has several of them watching her work most of the day!  Even with so many cameras there it's amazing how often someone things they can get away with a little sleigh of hand...

It may work the first time or two but eventually they all seem to get caught!!!

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #33 on: December 18, 2015, 11:25:14 AM »

Sounds like they've identified at least one of the bad guys in the videos from Huron Twsp:

http://www.monroenews.com/news/2015/dec/18/huron-police-identify-burglar/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up