MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Just Asking > Internet in Monroe

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Internet in Monroe  (Read 1285 times)

pam

• Hero Talker
Internet in Monroe
« on: April 14, 2016, 12:42:18 PM »

I know there's another thread about internet service in Monroe, but it's five years old, so I was hoping to get some more current information. We're in the beach area and absolutely hate our AT&T U-verse internet (we have to constantly reset the gateway and it gets really slow at certain times of the day). Does anyone have recommendations for internet service?

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: Internet in Monroe
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 02:18:05 PM »

I know Charter and Comcast are both in some areas of Frenchtown but I seldom read any positive comments on the customer service for either one.

I have received terrible customer service from Charter over the years but they have a monopoly in our area (rural township) so they don't have much to compete with. 

Other than those two and what you have I think your only other choices are to get a setup from Verizon (don't know if other cell carriers have them) or a satellite dish setup and I'm not sure of the costs involved for either of those.

Please let us know if you find a good resolution because I'd guess plenty of other people feel the same way you do.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2016, 03:20:33 AM »

I know there's another thread about internet service in Monroe, but it's five years old, so I was hoping to get some more current information. We're in the beach area and absolutely hate our AT&T U-verse internet (we have to constantly reset the gateway and it gets really slow at certain times of the day). Does anyone have recommendations for internet service?

Here's a website that will (at least in theory) give you all of the options for your location:

http://www.broadbandmap.gov/
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2016, 12:11:11 PM »

I believe a thumb drive is available that accesses Sat feeds.  My buddy in Oak Harbor, Ohio uses one.  I believe it's Verizon
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2016, 12:54:23 PM »

Yeah, I know where Oak Harbor is.  I grew up about 8 miles from there

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »

Yeah, I know where Oak Harbor is.  I grew up about 8 miles from there

We fostered a dog for Toledo Planned Pethood for a long time...

when the family from near Oak Harbor finally adopted him we drove in a snowstorm over there to deliver their dog!

Pages: [1]   Go Up