MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Recipe Exchange > Mexivenison Dinner Bake!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mexivenison Dinner Bake!!!  (Read 705 times)

jbs49238

• Hero Talker
Mexivenison Dinner Bake!!!
« on: January 05, 2016, 06:04:21 AM »

PREHEAT OVEN TO 350F

Thinly slice venison, half the thickness you would for fajitas (I used backstrap).

Grease a 9X12 bake pan with shortening of your choice  (you shouldn't need much a as there is a good amount of fat in the rolls).

Crack and unroll one tube of Pillsbury Crescent rolls place in the bake pan, season with garlic salt, black pepper, dried cilantro and dried cumin, an then into the oven  (season dough heavy if you want the spicier taste or less if you want more meat flavor and bake until golden on top (about 15 mins) then remove.

Meanwhile...

On the stove top in a skillet... MED HIGH HEAT...

1 Green Pepper
1 Small White Onion
1/2 lb Venison Steak
Seasoning to taste

Cook all ingredients until venison is cooked through, then set all aside.

Take 1/2 pound of prepared hashbrowned potatoes... (either premade hashbrowns, tater tots or similar form) from frozen and place in the skillet and allow to thaw.

As the potatoes thaw add 2oz of Apple or Cherry Juice (dealers choice) to keep moist and add unique flavor.

Once the potatoes are thawed... 

1/2 cup favorite (I suggest Co-Jack or Mexican Blend) finely shredded cheese on top of the baked crust, then add the potatoes evenly across the dish.  Equally distribute the venison/pepper/onions mix over the cheese then add another 4oz of the cheese.  Season with the Garlic Salt, Pepper, Cilantro and Cumin.

Place pan in front of you lengthwise...  Take one can of your favorite Enchilada Sauce and evenly pour 1/2 of the can over the top of the entire mixture.

RAISE OVEN TEMP TO 450F

Bake for 15 minutes.

ENJOY!!!

(My family enjoyed this with shredded lettuce, tomatoes and sour cream on top with a die of refried beans.)

How ever you enjoy this meal... ENJOY THIS MEAL!!!

Pages: [1]   Go Up