MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > How Flint's Leaders Poisoned Their Own Constituents

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Down

Author Topic: How Flint's Leaders Poisoned Their Own Constituents  (Read 27461 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: How Flint's Leaders Poisoned Their Own Constituents
« Reply #570 on: June 17, 2017, 11:45:29 AM »

The University of Michigan has now offered free tuition to students whose parents make less than $65,000

Is it really "FREE?"

Or will everyone who is paying just get to pay that much more?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #571 on: June 17, 2017, 11:47:14 AM »

So you're saying that if it had been a Democratic governor instead of a republican Governor then the Republican attorney general would have given the Democratic governor a pass?

Really? 8*

No Baby Hitler - that isn't what I said.

Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #572 on: June 17, 2017, 05:53:10 PM »

Every adult I know, knows nothng is free.

At least the responsible ones.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #573 on: June 17, 2017, 06:05:22 PM »

Every adult I know, knows nothng is free.

At least the responsible ones.

Yet Liberals / Progressives get excited about "Free Stuff."

They really think it comes out of thin air, or from mythical "Rich" people.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #574 on: June 18, 2017, 01:37:16 PM »

No Baby Hitler - that isn't what I said.

Thanks for trying to put words in my mouth.
Yes.  It's all the Republican Governors fault.

If it would have been a Democrat in the Governors office and a Republican in the White House it would have been the Presidents fault.

Everything is politics.

It isn't about who really is at fault.

Pretty sure our AG is just trying to make points so he can get votes for his next job.

Politics.
Well currently the Republican Attorney General is going after the Republican administration.

So how would it be different if it were a Democrat in office? Would the Republican AG blame the President? Shouldn't he have been blaming Obama anyhow since Obama was in office at the time?

Am I going to be accused of putting words in your mouth again or am I still allowed to ask questions?
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #575 on: June 18, 2017, 01:46:12 PM »

Tim, it was Tupac's fault!
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #576 on: June 18, 2017, 02:01:00 PM »

Tim, it was Tupac's fault!
LOL!

Well either way Snyder has to take some of the blame. He is the one who put the people in charge of the city. So either he knew what was happening and didn't do anything or he wasn't kept informed by the people he put there.

The second option is the one that might save him but there are emails that say otherwise.

Either way, I don't see him doing anything more than possibly paying some fines, and even that is highly unlikely.
When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #577 on: June 18, 2017, 03:31:55 PM »

Snyder hasn't had to put people in charge of my city or most others in the state..So what was going on in Flint that the governor had to move in.  Maybe they would be the rascals to bear the brunt..

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #578 on: June 18, 2017, 11:01:14 PM »

The State of Michigan is subsidizing Ice Mountain in Big Rapids.  Flint will be getting taxpayer funded bottled water forever...  What a deal.

Far as Shittey goes, it's all about political gain.  I'd vote for Granny before I voted for him.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #579 on: July 29, 2018, 11:09:18 AM »

I wonder what this is all about?   Governments providing funds to fix the problem but Flint officials seem to be incompetent and aren't doing much to solve the problem.

http://eblade.toledoblade.com/.pf/emailed/128011/1/20180729120

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #580 on: July 29, 2018, 12:09:39 PM »

I wonder what this is all about?   Governments providing funds to fix the problem but Flint officials seem to be incompetent and aren't doing much to solve the problem.

http://eblade.toledoblade.com/.pf/emailed/128011/1/20180729120

My gut feeling is the City of Flint officials are incompetent (as witnessed by the fiasco in the first place) and more interesting in greed, corruption and graft than in providing for their constitutients.

Why I cannot vote for Schutte foe Governor.  There is a fine example of a self centered candidate with no ethics.

In fact, there are no candidates (from either party) that I'm impressed with.  Probably won't bother to vote for any.  certainly not Schutte or Gretchen.

I know I'll vote against the 911 surcharge though.  In fact, I'm voting absentee and I've already cast my stone on that issue

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #581 on: July 29, 2018, 03:14:54 PM »

That's the approach I'm taking when voting.  If the candidate isn't for the people I'm not voting for any of them.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #582 on: July 29, 2018, 04:42:33 PM »

Gretchen Whitmer was a Granholm appointee and sympathizer and you can see where Granholm got us....  I might have to vote for the camel jockey as much as I don't want to.

I was leaning toward Brian Calley but the more I read about Calley, the less impressed I an with him.  Puts me in mind of a rubber stamp kind of person, incapable of rendering a decisive decision, kind of like Snyder.  Probably why he's second in command under Snyder.  2 peas in a pod.

The 'nerd' has morphed into a turd.  A tax sucking one at that.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #583 on: July 30, 2018, 08:32:30 AM »

I thought Elon Musk came to the rescue...    where did that go?
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39]   Go Up