MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Sports > Brady v Manning

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Brady v Manning  (Read 2869 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Brady v Manning
« on: January 18, 2016, 11:03:22 PM »

Could be the last in this rivalry of great QB's 

However Brady has already surpassed Peyton Manning as one of the greatest quarterbacks in this generation if not all time.
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
Re: Brady v Manning
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 10:15:04 AM »

Undoubtedly two of the greatest of all time, and class individuals on top of it.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 10:56:05 AM »

Undoubtedly two of the greatest of all time, and class individuals on top of it.
Agree both squeaky clean until last year -   

Brady's deflate gate, and Al-Jazeera's claim Manning took performance enhancing drugs

Brady in an interview said they have been around each other for so many occasions besides playing vs in games that they have developed a unique friendship
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 02:40:11 PM »

however.... as a Tennessean.... my loyalty is always to Peyton Manning.... would love to see him in one more Superbowl before his career ends....
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2016, 07:37:10 PM »

however.... as a Tennessean.... my loyalty is always to Peyton Manning.... would love to see him in one more Superbowl before his career ends....

If he wins it I hope he retires like his boss John Elway did....  and that way he can go into the Hall of Fame with Woodson.

Maybe Woodson will show him the Heisman that he beat him out for at the ceremony?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2016, 08:29:47 PM »

If he wins it I hope he retires like his boss John Elway did....  and that way he can go into the Hall of Fame with Woodson.

Maybe Woodson will show him the Heisman that he beat him out for at the ceremony?
Ouch!   
They do bring that up a lot when discussing his career however.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2016, 08:52:23 PM »

Ouch!   
They do bring that up a lot when discussing his career however.

LOL!

I've heard about how Woodson "stole" that trophy on more than one trip to TN.

I can never explain to the Rocky Top Faithful about how Woodson shut down half the field on defense by himself, was the most valuable player on Special Teams, and contributed on Offense often.  He will never be the player that Manning was in their eyes.

I don't think Michigan wins that National Championship without him, not even close.  That is what the best player in the country can do for you - and he didn't get to touch the ball on every offensive snap.

I can understand that I guess.

I think it would be fitting if they both retired from the NFL in the same year, and went into the Hall together.

As for Brady....  I will admit when he was at Michigan I wanted to see Henson's big arm and better legs in the game.  It was only later that I realized that it was Brady that brought us back from behind in many of those games.  I still think Henson could have been great if he wouldn't have dashed off to the Yankees, but watching those old games you can see that Brady was reading the defense and taking them apart before the snap, while Henson was just being an athlete.

I'm sure with Harbaugh we will get to see more Brady's in the future with the Quarterback Whisperer around.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2016, 07:09:15 AM »

We were on our way to Florida right after Woodson won the Heisman...

I will say that Tennessee residents have always been about as friendly as anyone we have ever encountered...

except that morning!  We were in a Shoney's along 75 (probably at Knoxville but I'm not sure anymore) for breakfast.  The kids were in their 'Michigan' gear and we caught a lot of 'sneers' and I could hear a few under breath comments something about a 'thief' ;) ;) ;)

I'm sure it would have been the same scenario if everything was reversed ;) ;) ;)
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2016, 07:28:05 AM »

.....still cannot bring myself to talk about it after all these years.... I think it might be Charles Woodson's fault I can't like Tom Brady...... my family was appalled that I had the nerve to move to Michigan after that debacle.... they still won't tell people where I live..... LOL
"You did then what you knew how to do, and when you knew better, you did better." ~Maya Angelou

“Tomorrow is the most important thing in life. Comes to us at midnight very clean. It's perfect when it arrives and it puts itself in our hands. It hopes we've learned something from yesterday.”  ~John Wayne

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2016, 10:52:31 AM »

Probably a similar reason I dislike Nebraska - with their coach begging for 1/2 the national championship by announcing his retirement to sway the voters...   

It is amazing how well both QB's can read defenses,   something that young QB's seem not to be able to grasp the importance of - and hope they can scramble good enough to make up for it.
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2016, 06:39:15 PM »

Shame that it was a missed extra point that won/lost the game however you wish to look at it... 

Would have loved to see Overtime!
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

tnweasel

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2016, 09:21:04 PM »

Would have loved to see Overtime!
[/quote]

don't think my heart could have stood it.... happily planning Superbowl party.....

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2016, 11:10:49 PM »

I don't think Manning has much of a chance against Carolina... and he will have to score more in that game... 
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2016, 12:25:32 PM »

I don't think Manning has much of a chance against Carolina... and he will have to score more in that game...

Funny that the two best defenses in the NFL made it to the Superbowl......
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up