MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Health > Monroe County DHS Problems

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Monroe County DHS Problems  (Read 1366 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Monroe County DHS Problems
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2016, 10:34:06 AM »

The workers listed on the Notice are never available, and will not return phone calls.

This is a common thing found in almost all levels of government anymore...   

NO ONE AVAILABLE - NO ONE RETURNS CALLS -

apparently communications with the public didn't just fail at the EPA - but all levels

There used to be at least a gatekeeper before all the electronic voice mail systems that prevent you from talking to a human unless you have an ID number.   
Now it seems government can't be bothered by pesky taxpayer calls...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

arpydave

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2016, 02:40:51 PM »

Well, now, I guess you and they have their answer...
You're no longer "stepping on their toes" by going above and forcing a resolution downward
I'm a sheepdog. I may not agree with you but I will not tolerate sheeple.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. George Orwell

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2016, 07:36:43 AM »

This is a common thing found in almost all levels of government anymore...   

NO ONE AVAILABLE - NO ONE RETURNS CALLS -

apparently communications with the public didn't just fail at the EPA - but all levels

There used to be at least a gatekeeper before all the electronic voice mail systems that prevent you from talking to a human unless you have an ID number.   
Now it seems government can't be bothered by pesky taxpayer calls...

It's not just government employees Professor...

I've seen a decline in private business too...

some of them are spending big bucks to get me to call them and then when I do they don't have anyone there to answer the phone.  They want me to leave my contact info and they'll get back to me when it's convenient for them...

which, but the way, is almost always when it's NOT convenient for me!!!

I've discovered that quite often (not always but quite often) if I just start hitting a 0 (<zero) I'll get to a real live person...

not usually who I want but once you're behind 'the wall' it's often easy to move around...   I think they figure if you got there then you must belong there. 

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2016, 07:55:19 AM »

It's not just government employees Professor...

I've seen a decline in private business too...

some of them are spending big bucks to get me to call them and then when I do they don't have anyone there to answer the phone.  They want me to leave my contact info and they'll get back to me when it's convenient for them...

which, but the way, is almost always when it's NOT convenient for me!!!

I've discovered that quite often (not always but quite often) if I just start hitting a 0 (<zero) I'll get to a real live person...

not usually who I want but once you're behind 'the wall' it's often easy to move around...   I think they figure if you got there then you must belong there. 

Sometimes places get to thinking they are saving $$ - by not having a live person answer the phone - but I often wonder how much business they lose because of no human interaction.

Governments don't care -   they seem to think they are the important ones
business should pay attention - customer satisfaction is something they always seem to study,
but I've never been asked - did you enjoy our menu of options to avoid speaking with you...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • The BRD in her 'younger' days... 2007.
« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2016, 08:01:24 AM »

Sometimes places get to thinking they are saving $$ - by not having a live person answer the phone - but I often wonder how much business they lose because of no human interaction.

Governments don't care -   they seem to think they are the important ones
business should pay attention - customer satisfaction is something they always seem to study,
but I've never been asked - did you enjoy our menu of options to avoid speaking with you...

I'm not bashful...

I usually voice my opinion at the first opportunity when I finally get to a live person...

almost all calls are being recorded so maybe a stupidvisor will even eventually hear it!

Surprising how often the 'live person' I'm talking to will agree with me.  If everyone ends up bitching it will end up costing them more than they're saving!!!!

Just think if the fire service could 'hide' behind voice mail...

probably cut down on calls by 75% ;) ;) ;)
"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Friends can email me at bigreddog1 at charter.net
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up