MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > The 'Small Business Majority' and road funding in Michigan

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The 'Small Business Majority' and road funding in Michigan  (Read 1046 times)

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
The 'Small Business Majority' and road funding in Michigan
« on: February 08, 2016, 06:44:23 AM »

This article was in Saturday's paper on page 3a.  I haven't seen a link online.

I was not aware of their organization but it sounds like they compete with the SBA (Small Business Administration).

Anyway, they're holding a roundtable this afternoon (4-5) at the La-Z-Boy center at the college.  They're discussion topic is how to prioritize the reallocation of $500M from the state general fund!

What I don't understand is how they are involved with this $500M...   

that seems like a lot of money to turn over to a private organization :-\ :-\ :-\

I did look over part of their website and really didn't find anything that explained it.

http://www.smallbusinessmajority.org/

Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

Maverick

• Hero Talker
Re: The 'Small Business Majority' and road funding in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 06:49:23 PM »

I don't think they have any real official capacity to direct the funds. They probably just get together and send a recommendation to somebody.
When in danger or in doubt, Run in circles scream and shout !!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
Re: The 'Small Business Majority' and road funding in Michigan
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2016, 07:19:52 AM »

I don't think they have any real official capacity to direct the funds. They probably just get together and send a recommendation to somebody.

Well I've been doing that for years...

they need to fix my road FIRST ;D ;D ;D

The big problem is that no one that actually does have any control of the money has any idea of where to start first.  After I read over their website I decided this 'meeting' was probably more of a membership drive than anything else.
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".
Pages: [1]   Go Up