MonroeTalks.com > About MonroeTalks.com > Support & Feature Requests (Moderator: Administration) > Ignore enhancement

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ignore enhancement  (Read 2325 times)

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
Re: Ignore enhancement
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2016, 09:20:50 AM »

Not exactly....

For years I had a static IP through my provider (D&P Communications) and paid extra per month for it, reason was for security at the rackspace end in Atlanta, Georgia.  When my IT switched from Atlanta for Toronto and changed the front end software, I was able to go back to a floating IP and loose the charges.

All my service provider does is provide the electronic conduit for the transmission of my input to Toronto, Canada, where my electronic image is handled on the server there.  It could very well be routed through Australia to Toronto via undersea cables...

Typically a service provider will change IP address assignments on a random schedule as predicated by their software, sometimes, every month or every couple months.  Thats called floating.  Static is, it remains constanr.  Mine was constant again, for security reasons in the Atlanta hub.

There are buildings in major cities that hold nothing but floors and floors of servers that route data, 24/7.  All climate controlled and manned by small staff of techinicians that monitor the health of the servers, why my IT switched.  He found out his servers weren't being monitored correctly.

There is such a building in Southfield, Michigan, on the north end of M39.  Nothing in there but electronics.  It even has armed guards.

My IT refers to it as the 'information highway'.

I'm in a little different scenario that most posters on here because I lease a .com site and have for years.

You own nothing but your intellectual property on the net, you lease everything and anyone can read anything you post on a publically viewed forum such as this one which why I maintain be careful what you post as anyone anywhere can read it.  Thats why everyone worldwide knows Frenchfry, and TPP are idiots. ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2016, 09:55:14 AM »

We used to have a regular poster here that in his signature line was a picture of Obama holding a poster.....and on the poster was your IP address.  I remember the accuracy of that thing after seeing it change from if I was at home and not on the company network, versus when I was on the company network.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2016, 07:33:39 PM »

We used to have a regular poster here that in his signature line was a picture of Obama holding a poster.....and on the poster was your IP address.  I remember the accuracy of that thing after seeing it change from if I was at home and not on the company network, versus when I was on the company network.

You can go here and make one yourself...   

doesn't look like they've updated their politicians lately ;) ;) ;)

http://www.danasoft.com/customsig.php

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2016, 07:39:41 PM »

LOL, yup, that was it.
Support the local economy as much as possible!

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2016, 05:00:13 PM »

Update the Ignore feature use IP address and not user name.
Appears my guess about you being behind the scenes at the forum was correct.
Wasn't sure since you seemed to know so much about the dead obese guy that owned that towing company (Jerry’s Newport Standard Towing)
Still trying to connect the dots about why you chose me to stalk.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2016, 11:26:14 PM »

Appears my guess about you being behind the scenes at the forum was correct.
Wasn't sure since you seemed to know so much about the dead obese guy that owned that towing company (Jerry’s Newport Standard Towing)
Still trying to connect the dots about why you chose me to stalk.
You're not using enough tin foil...   

The paranoia can get through until you apply much much more...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Frenchfry

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2016, 11:28:34 PM »

You're not using enough tin foil...   

The paranoia can get through until you apply much much more...
So says the dumbest guy on the forum at the moment...not sure where liveliar is.
This is what I see when I visit:

"Sorry Frenchfry, you are banned from posting and sending personal messages on this forum.
This ban is not set to expire."

No emails, no warnings, no communication whatsoever...just that ban

May be what happened to the other libs as well.

I guess disabling the report to admin link only on the lib side was indicative of the slanted games they play.

Enjoy your spoon-fed Faux News type right-wing echo-chamber.

Edited to add:

This is the only way to answer some of the questions posed:

1) I did nothing to warrant the banishment, it's political.

2) It's the router that's blocked but considering all the nonsense right-wing games being played by those running the site...it's just not worth it to bypass the banishment block.

3) The moron stalkers from MT contemplating a visit will be considered a threat and can expect to have a bad day if they act upon those idiotic thoughts.

bumfunkegypt@live.com
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up