MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Businesses > Stock Investments

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Stock Investments  (Read 7237 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Re: Stock Investments
« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 08:20:05 AM »

I'd be careful with that.  Industry scuttle butt is the Chinese are going to dump millions of tons of aluminum on the United States this year, just like they did with steel last year.
I see the Feds Stopped the dumping by adding a tariff on the dumping price of China Steel...    probably stopped the Aluminum attempt as well
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2016, 09:13:02 AM »

It's still not a sufficient percentage to impact the total tonnage.  It's a start however,  I'm sure Obama fought it aggressively.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #32 on: May 06, 2016, 09:39:45 AM »

Anyone track and/or invest in health care related companies?
Drug companies - I have a few

Two speculative   SYN  and ENZ
One established  Pfizer  (PFE)

So far I'm in the plus for all three - but the speculative's can change in a flash

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #33 on: May 06, 2016, 10:16:42 AM »

Yea, I have researched a few of the drug companies........I was wondering more about the hospital/health care companies such as Promedica and the likes.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2016, 01:11:15 PM »

Yea, I have researched a few of the drug companies........I was wondering more about the hospital/health care companies such as Promedica and the likes.
Did a quick search and learned Promedica is a non-profit, therefor not a listed company on any stock exchange.
Also learned they own the Insurance company  Paramount...   

Nifty arrangement to keep making money - and the reason they keep growing as non-profits (they make money don't let them fool you) like to expand and gobble up everything they can!
Can you say Huron Valley Ambulance - along with Jackson, Monroe, and soon Wayne Counties...   it's the business model for non-profits
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2016, 03:09:22 PM »

Personally speaking I don't believe any stock will be worth a shitte in 6 or 8 months anyway.  The market is poised to tank.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2016, 03:22:06 PM »

Personally speaking I don't believe any stock will be worth a shitte in 6 or 8 months anyway.  The market is poised to tank.

It's the nature of the beast - that it goes down from time to time - but so far has always rebounded to increase...   

Would you rather have the money from $1000 invested in gold for 30 years or from being invested in the Market?

http://www.macrotrends.net/1378/dow-to-gold-ratio-100-year-historical-chart
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2016, 10:38:06 AM »

Saw where last week MBT was added to the Russell 2000 and 3000 indexes...

http://www.crainsdetroit.com/article/20160627/NEWS/160629752/mbt-financial-added-to-russell-2000-russell-3000
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #38 on: May 22, 2017, 09:01:25 AM »

I see the Ford Family decided on a change at the top -   

The new guy hopefully can come up with some better eye designs
Mullaly got them going in the right direction -  His replacement seemed to stall,
Hackett should be much better - after all he got Harbaugh  :)
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #39 on: May 22, 2017, 09:08:48 AM »

I see the Ford Family decided on a change at the top -   

The new guy hopefully can come up with some better eye designs
Mullaly got them going in the right direction -  His replacement seemed to stall,
Hackett should be much better - after all he got Harbaugh  :)

I've already seen a few comments this morning that he will eventually recruit Harbaugh to end up at Ford...   and I don't think they're talking about a job on the assembly line either :o :o :o
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

"It's always easy to come up with a solution to someone else's problems".

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #40 on: May 22, 2017, 09:31:35 AM »

I've already seen a few comments this morning that he will eventually recruit Harbaugh to end up at Ford...   and I don't think they're talking about a job on the assembly line either :o :o :o

This guy is speculatiing that the SEC will be protesting:

Jim Hackett lured Jim Harbaugh to Michigan. Now takes over as CEO at Ford. Ford expected to have satellite camps in Florida. SEC protesting

https://twitter.com/bobwojnowski/status/866526664200736768
Friends can email me at bigreddog481 at gmail dot com.  Non friends can just save their energy!!!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2017, 09:19:59 AM »

I see people are able to trade in a secretive money...  called Bitcoin

All I see is a bunch of criminals and terrorist using such currency - and hackers able to steal it.    No protections for any purchasers of the actual units of currency.

Must be a Russian Chinese thing - as I've never seen any option to pay in a currency other than established government units where I shop.

Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2017, 09:45:48 AM »

Bitcoin isn't anything i trust..

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2017, 10:04:28 AM »

I got interested in the currency when I saw some of the profits claimed being taken.  The more I read, the more I said "I smell a rat".
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

BigRedDog

• Hero Talker
  • 1969-1971
« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2017, 10:07:00 AM »

I got interested in the currency when I saw some of the profits claimed being taken.  The more I read, the more I said "I smell a rat".

If someone is making those big profits then that means someone (usually the little guy) is losing just as much somewhere down the line!

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up