MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Trump vs Clinton 2016

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump vs Clinton 2016  (Read 31191 times)

Professor H

• Hero Talker
Trump vs Clinton 2016
« on: May 06, 2016, 03:56:48 PM »

Figured since we are going in that direction may as well make a thread for it  ;D

Will be interesting to see the comparison in "mud" slinging
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

FritzTheKat

• Hero Talker
Re: Trump vs Clinton 2016
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2016, 04:13:29 PM »

Worse than a "Reality" show... :P :o
I could be Schrodinger's Kat!

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2016, 08:37:55 PM »

Jeb Bush says he will neither vote for Trump or Hillary. Does his thinking matter? And how does a neither nor
have any positive impact? Obviously, even a single Republican, unwilling to vote for their nominee isn't a plus, so can we say Jeb doesn't have a problem undermining the GOP chances of capturing the White House? The next President elect will either be a Dem or a Republican. And Jeb is essentially telling us it doesn't matter. Well I think it does.   
John Kopke

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2016, 09:25:38 PM »

Once the establishment on the R side,
and the anti-establishment on the D side both come to grips with what they have as choices...  they will come around.

Trump has a better shot at the Sanders anti-establishment than Hillary does with the GOP establishment
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2016, 09:29:50 PM »

Hillary has Vince Foster, Benghazi, Top Secret emails, Bills womanizing she let slide, and the secret Cattle trades in her closet... 

So far all they have against Trump is that he is rich and some of his businesses didn't succeed.   
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2016, 09:40:56 PM »

The Washington republican politicians do not want Trump. He will call everyone of them out and disrupt their power.  They would rather have Hillary.  Other than her liberal views on healthcare, guns etc they would still hang onto to their gig with her.  They don't care about the country...

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2016, 08:11:05 PM »

Jeb Bush says he will neither vote for Trump or Hillary. Does his thinking matter? And how does a neither nor
have any positive impact? Obviously, even a single Republican, unwilling to vote for their nominee isn't a plus, so can we say Jeb doesn't have a problem undermining the GOP chances of capturing the White House? The next President elect will either be a Dem or a Republican. And Jeb is essentially telling us it doesn't matter. Well I think it does.

I'm not going to vote for either one of them either, but probably for different reasons.

Am I undermining the Party I am not a member of too?
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2016, 10:55:49 PM »

I'm not going to vote for either one of them either, but probably for different reasons.

far as I'm concerned thats lame on your part simply because if Pie face gets in, you can kiss your firearms goodbye.  That alone should influence your decision greatly.

You and I are all about 2A.  That in itself leaves no choice, but then Bernie is making waves with the DNC for a contested convention and he's Pro 2A as well.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2016, 10:57:36 PM »

Just because your guy bowed out, don't be a sourpuss about it.  I guess you'll have to change your screen name to 'Jeb'...... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2016, 07:51:53 AM »

Just because your guy bowed out, don't be a sourpuss about it.  I guess you'll have to change your screen name to 'Jeb'...... ;D

I'm done voting for people that make me gag just because they might only be slightly better than the guy / gal that really frightens me.

In the case of Trump / Hillary the progressives simply can't lose.  Whoever wins - the Progressives win.  Don't you get that?

You have no idea what Trump stands for, or against, or what he would or would not do.  I just know that Trump does not represent me or my ideals.

I'm going to vote for the Candidate that most represents my views this time around - whether they can win or not.

Hopefully if enough people vote for the candidate that ACTUALLY represents their viewpoints - instead of the least objectionable of the two that the major cartel put forth, it will bring about change in this country before we have to resort to why the founders put 2 in the Constitution.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2016, 08:34:18 AM »

Welcome aboard to the "Vote for Who I Best Feel Represents My Philosophies" ship!

I boarded it several elections ago, and feel good about voting after I research the candidates.  I will say though, it is damn near impossible to find that one candidate whose ideology is the same as mine at the time.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2016, 10:25:36 AM »

Welcome aboard to the "Vote for Who I Best Feel Represents My Philosophies" ship!

I boarded it several elections ago, and feel good about voting after I research the candidates.  I will say though, it is damn near impossible to find that one candidate whose ideology is the same as mine at the time.

I can't find one that is the same Fuzz, but I can find one that comes much closer than Trump or Hillary.  It will be a partial compromise instead of voting for the best of the worst.

If that is the case why would I vote for Trump or Hillary?  Because they have an R or a D by their name?

I don't remember anything in the Constitution that said you had to have an R or a D to run for an office.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2016, 11:08:52 AM »

I can't find one that is the same Fuzz, but I can find one that comes much closer than Trump or Hillary.  It will be a partial compromise instead of voting for the best of the worst.

If that is the case why would I vote for Trump or Hillary?  Because they have an R or a D by their name?

I don't remember anything in the Constitution that said you had to have an R or a D to run for an office.

Hillary loves you - and hopes you convince more people to join you
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2016, 11:38:50 AM »

Hillary loves you - and hopes you convince more people to join you

Hillary is going to win Michigan with or without me.

The Democrat has handily won Michigan every election 1992 and beyond.

Do you honestly see that trend changing?

Detroit.....

Flint.....

Saginaw.....

What Thomas Jefferson said.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2016, 12:59:14 PM »

I hear ya, what I do know is that neither major party represents my mind set anymore.  Both do to a degree, but where I part from both is fundamentally important to me.  I hate gridlock, I hate politicians who come across like ministers of a Southern Baptist church, I hate pretentious people, and I totally hate dysfunction while acknowledging there are differences of opinion.   It is immature, childish, and indicative of R and D trying to doing what is best for the constituency.

Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 42   Go Up