MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Trump vs Clinton 2016

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump vs Clinton 2016  (Read 32524 times)

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
Re: Trump vs Clinton 2016
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2016, 02:14:22 PM »

I hear ya, what I do know is that neither major party represents my mind set anymore.  Both do to a degree, but where I part from both is fundamentally important to me.  I hate gridlock, I hate politicians who come across like ministers of a Southern Baptist church, I hate pretentious people, and I totally hate dysfunction while acknowledging there are differences of opinion.   It is immature, childish, and indicative of R and D trying to doing what is best for the constituency.

I simply can't think of many cases of Rs and Ds doing much that was good for the constituency in a long long time.

I think the ACA Act is a perfect example, and you can't tell me the Rs and Ds aren't in that one together.

What is the saying?  I'm from the Government - and I'm here to help?

It is hard enough to get things done at City Hall or at the County.  Lansing and Washington?  Forget it.

The best we can hope for is to be left alone, and their financial mess doesn't take us down with them.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #16 on: May 09, 2016, 09:43:39 AM »

How long before Hillary cracks under the stories that she enabled Bill's womanizing?

Todays youth don't know the history - and I'm sure Trump will be reviewing it with actual "women" (facts) from that era...

Here's a start:
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/07/bills-sex-accusers-echo-trump-hillary-enabler/
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #17 on: May 09, 2016, 10:21:59 AM »

How long before Hillary cracks under the stories that she enabled Bill's womanizing?

Todays youth don't know the history - and I'm sure Trump will be reviewing it with actual "women" (facts) from that era...

Here's a start:
http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presidential-race/2016/05/07/bills-sex-accusers-echo-trump-hillary-enabler/

Any grand theater to keep the Rs and Ds from talking about how they are screwing us over.
I have learned that only two things are necessary to keep one's wife happy. First, let her think she's having her own way. And second, let her have it.
Lyndon B. Johnson

You do not examine legislation in the light of the benefits it will convey if properly administered, but in the light of the wrongs it would do and the harms it would cause if improperly administered.
Lyndon B. Johnson

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2016, 11:36:30 AM »

The few women i've talked to about politics don't care what Slick Willie did.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2016, 11:41:33 AM »

I'm not sure I care or cared either, but what I find odd is that a woman of Hillary's arrogance and stature in staying with him.  Had to be difficult being humiliated in front of the entire world, but I suspect there were political promises made at some level for her to hang in there and look the other way.
Support local government, pass all tax increases!

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

My next vehicle will be an electric powered RV!

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2016, 12:03:34 PM »

Hillary had no chance of becoming President without Slick Willie.. Probably not a senator from NY either.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2016, 12:26:08 PM »

I'm not sure I care or cared either, but what I find odd is that a woman of Hillary's arrogance and stature in staying with him.  Had to be difficult being humiliated in front of the entire world, but I suspect there were political promises made at some level for her to hang in there and look the other way.

Maybe Bill has a 10" slhong with a wart on the end................... ;D
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »

That was not what Monica testified to when questioned......I believe her testimony was he was bent right.  LOL

Go Green - Pot, Solar/Wind Energy, Electric Vehicles, and buy at Dick's Sporting Goods!

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2016, 02:46:39 PM »

Interesting to see some here that don't think she was a part of the problem - an enabler as Trump says.   

Heck if most of us had one affair let alone dozens - you think our wives would have let it slide, or actually attack the accusers?
The Arkansas mindset I guess? -  get it where you can... your women don't care   

First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2016, 05:29:58 PM »

Interesting to see some here that don't think she was a part of the problem - an enabler as Trump says.   

Heck if most of us had one affair let alone dozens - you think our wives would have let it slide, or actually attack the accusers?
The Arkansas mindset I guess? -  get it where you can... your women don't care   

Could be, she don't care.  I heard somewhere that Hillary swings both ways.  I do know that if I had to wake up to that mug every morning, I'd be philandering too.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

Tim Heiss

• Hero Talker
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2016, 06:10:26 PM »

Trump has little room to talk. He didn't even have the fortitude to tell Marla Maples he wanted a divorce in person and instead took out a newspaper ad to do it.

When the debate is lost slander becomes the tool of the loser.

The Fuzz

• Hero Talker
  • Fish Lake Michigan!
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 06:17:41 PM »

LOL, that rocks!  Obviously texting or twitter wasn't around at that time.

Monroe Native

• Hero Talker
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2016, 07:10:38 PM »

You can't say Trump wasn't transparent.

What section was the ad buried in?
Lyndon B. Johnson

Lyndon B. Johnson

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2016, 09:17:13 AM »

Trump has little room to talk. He didn't even have the fortitude to tell Marla Maples he wanted a divorce in person and instead took out a newspaper ad to do it.

You compare having sex at your workplace with underlings to a divorce? 
Nice try to make that equality stretch.

Divorces can be nasty - yes - but apparently you condone having sex with multiple women throughout your tenure as a politician - and your wife condemning any victim that dared speak out?
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2016, 10:16:49 AM »

Tally board of issues from their past:

Trump:
Tells it like it is
Divorce
bankruptcy use
civil case for Trump University

Clinton:
Loves lawyer speak and PC talk
Benghazi -  dead  "what difference does it make"... 
defended husbands adultery/sexual harrassment
hid emails then submitted them on paper to hide others and cost the State Department Thousands of hours in personnel time to scan them back to electronic forms
IT personal hire hid emails
made money in futures with questionable funding - equaling more than their combined salaries in 1978-9
Convenient "death" of Vince Foster
Marion Berry

Nancy Pelosi
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 42   Go Up