MonroeTalks.com > Categories > Politics and Government > Trump vs Clinton 2016

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump vs Clinton 2016  (Read 32501 times)

old salt

• Hero Talker
Re: Trump vs Clinton 2016
« Reply #615 on: October 26, 2016, 04:01:49 PM »

I really doubt any one on here thinks that Trump has our best interest at heart.  But the establishment is scared to death of him, so that's good enough for most of us.  And hiLIARary would be a disaster.

As Vox puts it:
They should be afraid. From America to New Zealand, they have gradually backed the people of the West into a corner from which there is only one way out. We do not accept their legitimacy. We do not accept their authority, moral or otherwise. They have lost the Mandate of Heaven.

Soon the hour will be upon us. Given the growing fear of the Establishment, they will probably strike first. And, in doing so, they will spark the very revolution that terrifies them.

Donald Trump is not the savior. Donald Trump is not the movement. Donald Trump is the warning. It makes very little difference if he is elected or not.
Voting Democrat Will Destroy Your Family, Grow Government, Raise Your Taxes, Increase Crime, Reduce Individual Rights, And Diminish Western Civilization.

Right wing free speech is violence, left wing violence is free speech.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #616 on: October 26, 2016, 05:06:34 PM »

I love that you are so naive that you think Trump has your best inyerests at heart.

LoL

I never said he did.  In fact, I don't think (for a minute) he does, however, he's still a damn sight better than the Democrat.

Just the fact that establishment politicians are shitting their pants over Trump makes me feel good about him.  Good enough to cast my vote for him, which, I already did btw.
AN ARMED SOCIETY IS A POLITE SOCIETY

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #617 on: October 26, 2016, 05:08:25 PM »

I really doubt any one on here thinks that Trump has our best interest at heart.  But the establishment is scared to death of him, so that's good enough for most of us.  And hiLIARary would be a disaster.

As Vox puts it:
They should be afraid. From America to New Zealand, they have gradually backed the people of the West into a corner from which there is only one way out. We do not accept their legitimacy. We do not accept their authority, moral or otherwise. They have lost the Mandate of Heaven.

Soon the hour will be upon us. Given the growing fear of the Establishment, they will probably strike first. And, in doing so, they will spark the very revolution that terrifies them.

Donald Trump is not the savior. Donald Trump is not the movement. Donald Trump is the warning. It makes very little difference if he is elected or not.

I suspect you aren't too gar off with that analogy.

Professor H

• Hero Talker
« Reply #618 on: October 26, 2016, 06:38:54 PM »

If you like your supreme court - you can keep your supreme court... 

(But only if you vote for Trump)...   
Cause we know any liberal on the court will radically change it from what we've had for nearly my lifetime...
First, it was not a strip bar, it was an erotic club. And second, what can I say? I'm a night owl.
Marion Berry

But we have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it, away from the fog of the controversy.
Nancy Pelosi

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #619 on: October 26, 2016, 06:51:33 PM »

Why is Trump not in it for the folks? You think a 70 year old billionaire is in it just so he can make a few more billion? And after he's been trashed by a hostile MSM, Wall Street bankers, the establishment, both Republican and Dem, and the elites etc. etc. why wouldn't he be in it for the folks. Who else but the folks have stuck with him? At 70 years old, after a good life. why is it so hard to think he might really want to give something back to his country?

And Hillary. Is there any doubt she can be bought? The Clintons left the White House broke as she said. Yet today they're worth well over $ 100 million! Did they successfully sell a product, or provide a valuable service to the people for their money? I'll answer the easy ones. They did not. Do you think Goldman Sacks gave Hillary $ 675K for three speeches because they expected her words to inspire their folks to greater achievement, or were they covering a bet (or a**) should she become President?

So compare the two. I will tell you, in my humble, yet accurate, opinion, the odds Trump will work for the folks are astronomically higher than they are for Hillary. If anybody wants to dispute that, bring it on.

John Kopke

John Kopke

• Hero Talker
« Reply #620 on: October 26, 2016, 07:11:54 PM »

Just saw a small clip from Trump. He said: "We just keep electing the same people over and over again." Ain't that the truth!!!!!! Wouldn't it be nice to launch a Trump grenade into the corrupt Washington DC china shop?
John Kopke

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #621 on: October 26, 2016, 07:15:52 PM »

Who controls the ballot boxes?
And neither one of them like Trump because he's a threat..

nails

• Hero Talker
« Reply #622 on: May 03, 2019, 11:05:20 AM »

As much as I can't stand Hillary for POTUS, I'm mentally planning for her win.  My main concern is the fact that she will have a big influence on the Supreme Court justice openings. That is something we'll live with for generations. By the way, I have a real problem with them being appointed for "lifetime" seats. Dementia and all. In my opinion (which means nothing), this needs to be changed.

The one BIG consolation if Hillary wins, is . . . .
We won't have to listen to people blame Trump for every little thing that happens for the next 4 years. If he would win, the media will analyze, and scrutinize, every comment he makes. That's all they've done for the last year.

Guess I called that right regarding the media.

Just conversation . . . and maybe a little instigation . . . for your rumination.

Curmudgeon in training.

SidecarFlip

• Hero Talker
« Reply #623 on: May 03, 2019, 06:06:19 PM »

I suspect that Keg Legs is heading for a striped jumpsuit if Barr has his way.  It's getting stinkier and stinkier up there by the day as the topsoil gets shoveled off the garbage pile.

blue2

• Hero Talker
« Reply #624 on: May 03, 2019, 07:49:35 PM »

I find it hard to believe that the JD will end up putting Obama on trial but stranger things have happened.  I guess it's time to make a point about all the decisive politics.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]   Go Up